00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

5,086 Views | 91 Replies

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-05-22 13:32:54

At 5/20/15 03:31 PM, orangebomb wrote:
With that said, at least how many free throws per games do you think the Cavs will get from the refs?
I would say about 15 to 20 more. I'll bet that someone like J.R. Smith or Tristan Thompson will take the majority of them. Unless they go for a "LeBron rules" kind of strategy where they go after him, what good that does.

The first game ended surprisingly with a low score, I'd figure that the Cavs would blow them out. Let's see if the Cavs decides to give the Hawks the second game just for the hell of it.

Unless the Hawks pulls off the unexpected, it does seem to be predetermined.

Yeah I may sound pessimistic but honestly...

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

At 5/23/15 10:44 PM, Austerity wrote: "This is the first NBA Finals to not feature Tim Duncan, Dwyane Wade, or Kobe Bryant since 1998."

But LeBron is still in it. I hope the Warriors go 4-0. And yes I'm already assuming that it's going to be a Cleveland vs. Golden State Finals.

Note how of the three, Wade's the only one from the Eastern Conference team. Ever since the end of the Bulls dynasty, the Finals have mostly been dominated by a Western Conference team. With that said, the Spurs gotten a very unfair rep as the team that made the game boring just because Jordan left. I'm a fan of Jordan as well but the game doesn't begins and ends with Jordan, some people really need to realize that fact.

Because of this, 2005 Finals may have been the best series no one really watched, what's up with that? To make things worse, the highest rated Finals the Spurs were involved in happens to be the one they lost...

Ugh!

In other news, the Warriors are raping the Rockets by the score of 100-73 so far. I thought the Rockets would at least put up a better fight than this, I mean just wow.

A sweep may very well occur.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-05-25 23:08:55

@orangebomb @Austerity

It seems the Rockets finally decides to start competing for once as they led the Warriors by a comfortable margin in the third quarter. As long they don't choke in the 4th quarter, at the very least they'll retain some dignity by stealing a win in the series even if it's prolonging the inevitable.

Your thoughts?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-05-25 23:32:52

At 5/25/15 11:08 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: @orangebomb @Austerity

It seems the Rockets finally decides to start competing for once as they led the Warriors by a comfortable margin in the third quarter. As long they don't choke in the 4th quarter, at the very least they'll retain some dignity by stealing a win in the series even if it's prolonging the inevitable.

Your thoughts?

Agreed. There is no way that the Rockets are going to come back in this series if they do win tonight's game, but at the very least, they showed that they have some pride left in them. Game 5 is going back to Oracle, and there is no way that GS will prolong the series any more than that, theoretically at least.

While we're on the subject of the Finals, there are a lot of reasons why the Spurs get overlooked the last decade or so, most of that has to do with the Lakers winning 5 titles with Kobe, and players like Allen Iverson getting all of the hype and hoopla from the NBA at the time. Also, they {or at least the refs} did stole the '07 WCF from a more deserving Phoenix team because of a Robert Horry cheap shot on Steve Nash caused key players on the Suns bench to be suspended for leaving the bench. They would get their revenge in 2010, but by then the damage was done and the bad taste in fans' mouth went away when the Lakers went back-to-back.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-05-26 15:59:55

The Rockets couldn't miss last night and with Curry's nasty injury and amazing comeback, the Warriors still almost overcame a 24+ point deficit to win. They just couldn't get it to a one possession game, although they were a Barbosa in and out 3 from doing so.

Lebron on the other hand is having trouble with a team that plays good team ball, but could never stand up to a powerhouse in a series.

The Hawks would've been knocked out in the first round in the West and I doubt Cleveland could've dealt with the wear and tear either, probably could've got to the West Semis.

Either way, if the Cavs win the championship its because they are rested and not playing any actual competition whereas the West games are grueling. Also, Lebron being on the ground after that win the other night... are you kidding me? What a joke.

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-05-28 13:04:07

So now the Finals match up is set, the Warriors will be facing off the Cavs.

Lets see whether or not the Warriors can beat the Cavs in a convincing fashion so Lebron fans won't come up with various excuses since last year they whined about a cramp which factored in one measly game.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-05-28 18:56:12

At 5/28/15 01:04 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: So now the Finals match up is set, the Warriors will be facing off the Cavs.

Lets see whether or not the Warriors can beat the Cavs in a convincing fashion so Lebron fans won't come up with various excuses since last year they whined about a cramp which factored in one measly game.

We can only hope.

I think position by position I'd take the Warriors over the Cavs but you really can't ignore the Lebron effect. I think it'll be a really good series with a lot of entertainment and Lebron and Curry trying to out-superstar each (at least I hope).

I've got the Warriors in 6 though. How bout you guys?

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-05-28 20:03:28

At 5/23/15 10:44 PM, Austerity wrote: "This is the first NBA Finals to not feature Tim Duncan, Dwyane Wade, or Kobe Bryant since 1998."

But LeBron is still in it. I hope the Warriors go 4-0. And yes I'm already assuming that it's going to be a Cleveland vs. Golden State Finals.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I'm sick of seeing Lebron in the finals.

Since 1991, the finals have either featured Scottie Pippen (6), Robert Horry (8-lol), Tim Duncan (5), Dwayne Wade (5), Derek Fisher (7-lol), or James Jones (5-lol). So in other words, MJ cannot without Pippen, Kobe cannot win without Fisher and Lebron cannot win without James Jones lmao

Since 1996, the finals have either featured Phil Jackson (10), Greg Poppovich (5), Steve Kerr (6), Pat Riley (5) as either a player, coach, or staff personnel.

I'm really pulling for the Warriors to win in this series, mainly because f*ck Lebron for misplaced reasons. Also, I've been a Suns fan and it's great to see Barbosa & Gentry finally getting a shot at the ring after being real close to getting to the finals back in the 2000s. It's nice to see though, that two comparatively unsuccessful franchises (GS only made the playoffs once in a timespan of 18 years before 2013 iirc; Cleveland has never won a title) make the finals. To continue with my inundation of stats, this is the first finals since 1990 that hasn't featured the Bulls, Lakers, Heat, or a Texas team.

The finals could go either way, but I'm choosing the Cavs for James Jones' (lol) 5th straight title. The Cavaliers are finally clicking on all cylinders. They swept the Hawks, which are basically an upper middle class man's version of the Warriors. So I'm calling the Cavs in 6. I think Shumpert guarding Curry will be more efficient than Draymond Green on Lebron. I think Kyrie will be fully ready. Tristan Thompson is providing to be more valuable than Kevin Love. The Cavs also have a ton of more experience. Also if we look at the head to head matchups:

Mozgov = Bogut
T. Thompson > Barnes > Speights > D. Lee
Lebron > Green
K. Thompson > Shumpert
Curry > Irving

T. Thompson > Ezeli
Lebron > Igoudala > James Jones
J.R. Smith > Livingston > Barbosa
Delledova > Livingston

Hopefully the curse of Cleveland is never lifted as long as Lebron is there.

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-05-28 21:00:32

I have the Warriors winning in 6. Golden State is simply too good of a team on both sides of the ball to lose to to a one-man team in the Cavs. Plus, when you consider that lot of the Cavs (specifically Dan Gilbert) and the fans are bandwagon-riding douchebags who only cared when Lebron was there, it's pretty easy to root for the Dubs outside of Northeastern Ohio.

Also, the Bulls fired Tom Thibedou today, which is disappointing, but I do feel that was a necessary move. (not the handling of it though) What pretty much doomed Thibs is giving up 2-1 series lead to a Cleveland team that got screwed in game 4, and basically quit in Game 6 when Delladova went off. Bias aside, if it weren't for that lucky shot, Chicago would have represented the East.

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-05-29 16:42:49

At 5/29/15 04:37 PM, Austerity wrote: I'm gonna say Warriors in 7, but I'd like to see Warriors in 4 for maximum entertainment.

If all goes well despite the possibility of the refs supporting Lebron, Warriors in 6. I would like to see a sweep as well, the only legitimate excuse that can be had is that Love got hurt but still, screw the Cavs.

I know it won't stop the idiots from continuing to declare Lebron as a better player than Jordan but if any Cleveland team gets to end the curse, I want the Indians to do it.

The Warriors better not let up no matter what, if the game is a blow out in their favor, keep piling it on until it was over. Gotta break their morale after all.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-03 23:25:21

With the first game of the series starting tomorrow night, time to discuss a yet another revival hype of Lebron and the Cavs whose fan base once again tries to compare him to MJ. Seriously, when it comes to Yahoo Answers!, once again there are Lebrontards thinking he's a better all around player than MJ which is a load of crap but that tells you something. Another reason for me to want the Cavs to lose.

On paper the Warriors should win, but I won't underestimate the refs however since one never knows until it happens...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-04 03:00:04

At 6/3/15 11:25 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: With the first game of the series starting tomorrow night, time to discuss a yet another revival hype of Lebron and the Cavs whose fan base once again tries to compare him to MJ. Seriously, when it comes to Yahoo Answers!, once again there are Lebrontards thinking he's a better all around player than MJ which is a load of crap but that tells you something. Another reason for me to want the Cavs to lose.

On paper the Warriors should win, but I won't underestimate the refs however since one never knows until it happens...

Lebron isn't a better player than MJ because he doesn't have the same killer mentality and toughness, and the overall "it" factor that players like MJ and Kobe have. But better all around player? They are both elite defenders and premier scorers. As far as passing, playmaking, and rebounding goes? I give Lebron the edge.

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-04 10:58:50

At 6/4/15 03:00 AM, S3C wrote:
At 6/3/15 11:25 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: With the first game of the series starting tomorrow night, time to discuss a yet another revival hype of Lebron and the Cavs whose fan base once again tries to compare him to MJ. Seriously, when it comes to Yahoo Answers!, once again there are Lebrontards thinking he's a better all around player than MJ which is a load of crap but that tells you something. Another reason for me to want the Cavs to lose.

Lebron isn't a better player than MJ because he doesn't have the same killer mentality and toughness, and the overall "it" factor that players like MJ and Kobe have. But better all around player? They are both elite defenders and premier scorers. As far as passing, playmaking, and rebounding goes? I give Lebron the edge.

I wouldn't however, Jordan for a brief time experimented as a point guard in 1989 where he averaged a triple double per game. Why else do you think he had eight rebounds and assists a game that season? It would have been great had he continue to play that role but the problem is that due to Pippen and Grant still needing development with the rest of the roster being less than promising, the best way to win was to have Jordan take up bulk of the scoring.

He would still play that role in times when it's needed during the dynasty years such as the 1991 Finals where he averaged ten assists per game and nearly reached a triple double few times. He's a much better playmaker than he's being given credit for.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-04 21:40:03

At 6/3/15 11:44 PM, Austerity wrote: I have my chips and dip ready for game 1 of Warriors vs. Lebron and the Refs AKA the Cavs.

And so the game begins rather poorly as the Warriors are trailing the Cavs right now. Just hope the Warriors will take over and pull away by a huge margin.

Can't take that chance.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-04 23:06:20

At 6/4/15 09:40 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: And so the game begins rather poorly as the Warriors are trailing the Cavs right now. Just hope the Warriors will take over and pull away by a huge margin.

Can't take that chance.

It's been a back and forth game so far, and that was no real surprise considering that both teams are evenly matched at least in terms of shooting. I don't necessarily view Game 1 as a must-win for the Warriors considering that they have Game 2, 5 and 7 in their back pocket, and there is no way that Cleveland is going to win all 3 of their home games if it gets that far, but as we seen from the Clippers, give any team a slight bit of momentum and it can be over just like that. Not that I'm comparing GS to the somewhat inferior Clippers, but this kind of thing has happened recently.

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-04 23:48:50

Seems like LeBron missing the game winner is going to cost him the series.

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-05 05:56:48

At 6/4/15 10:58 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 6/4/15 03:00 AM, S3C wrote:

I wouldn't however, Jordan for a brief time experimented as a point guard in 1989 where he averaged a triple double per game. Why else do you think he had eight rebounds and assists a game that season? It would have been great had he continue to play that role but the problem is that due to Pippen and Grant still needing development with the rest of the roster being less than promising, the best way to win was to have Jordan take up bulk of the scoring.

He would still play that role in times when it's needed during the dynasty years such as the 1991 Finals where he averaged ten assists per game and nearly reached a triple double few times. He's a much better playmaker than he's being given credit for.

ahh, good points. Jordan probably could have put up similar numbers in the rebounding and assists department if he didn't have such great rebounders in Horace Grant & Rodman and the swiss army knife Pippen. This is also a testament to how great the 90s Bulls teams where, as a whole. Granted Lebron's Heat teams were STACKED too but twice as less successful than the Bulls in the finals. Let's not forget Lebron is only two years older than Jordan when he won his first title and still has several years to build upon his legacy. If the Cavs go on to beat this historically good Warriors team despite a lack of Love and what's looking like to be a hobbled Irving throughout the series, Lebron vs Jordan comparisons will start to become valid.

At 6/5/15 12:00 AM, Austerity wrote: Lebola proves yet again that he just can't pull through when his team needs him the most. #failure

It was a good win, but those sentiments are a bit premature. Let's not forget in the 2012 finals the Thunder convincingly beat the Heat in game one only to lose the next four games.

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-05 16:16:22

At 6/5/15 08:02 AM, Austerity wrote: Also, I've never seen so many perfect 3 point shots. Too bad those last two didn't go in to bury the Cavs deeper in their grave for a 100 - 114 finish.

Still, the game have been close for the most part until the Cavs became gassed (and hit after Irving went down) at the beginning of the overtime. There's a chance they can regroup in the second game so it's not going to be that easy, just glad the Warriors were able to take this one which puts them in a good position for a time being,

With that said, it does seems that the Warriors let up a bit which allows Lebron to score that two points in the overtime since the game was out of reach. To think the Cavs were that close to getting shutout in the overtime due to some really bad shots attempted which is something you'd expect from Kobe.

No wonder why they tried to finish it by the end of the regulation since we know what happened afterward.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-05 18:10:58

While I wanted the Cavs to lose but when Irving got hurt last night, I still hoped he would be alright. But it turns out being that the injury he had prior to the game had gotten worse, he'll need a surgery.

You don't want to see that happening to someone, even on Marbury (though I would have liked to see that happening to Flozell Adams of the NFL but that's a different story).

Bad enough they lost Love, now Irving's down too.

If the Cavs manages to win a game, it'll be an impressive feat for them being that they're shorthanded due to injuries. With that said, they'll have a valid excuse for the loss.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-07 22:40:27

I apologize for having to triple post due to lack of activity and participation. So far the game have been a fairly low scoring affair which is surprising considering how offensive friendly it had gotten since early 2000s as a result of rule changes that had been made.

With that said, Lebron is doing quite a job carrying his team to a good position for a win right now after losing Irving. The Warriors needs to get their act together or otherwise if they manage to lose this series, they won't be looked at fondly.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

At 6/8/15 12:17 AM, Austerity wrote: All those missed 3 point shots

I know, one hell of a blown opportunity right there.

As of now the Warriors need to focus on Game 3 and Curry really have to cut down on the turn overs, I mean he has six of them last night and that's not good.

Being that they will be playing in Cleveland, you know that's not good considering the chances of the refs giving the Cavs the edge in that turf.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-08 17:31:35

At 6/8/15 12:43 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: As of now the Warriors need to focus on Game 3 and Curry really have to cut down on the turn overs, I mean he has six of them last night and that's not good.

Thing is, GS was in the game the whole way through, but he does need to hold on to the ball and not turn it over. The Cavs are a one-man team at this point, but by no means that they should let him have free shots to the basket, I'm certain that they'll make adjustments to correct that.

Being that they will be playing in Cleveland, you know that's not good considering the chances of the refs giving the Cavs the edge in that turf.

That's my biggest concern right there. In a clean game, GS should run away with this handily considering that LeBron is the only major offensive threat, and the Cavs bench is basically devastated at this point. The biggest thing is not let Dellavedova and J.R. Smith easy chances to steal the game.

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-09 22:55:45

That's a lot of apple turnovers served by Golden State and some of the players even choked on a piece. No word can describe how awful they're playing right now.

In fact, Lebron is gobbling them down right now.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-09 23:39:35

For once... I actually want Lebron and his team to win this series.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-10 00:36:58

At 6/9/15 11:39 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: For once... I actually want Lebron and his team to win this series.

This isn't because he's in Cleveland now, is it? It was ridiculous the amount of hate that he got when he left Cleveland the first time to go to Miami with players that weren't glorified D-leaguers and washed ups. Now that he's come back, it seems like everything is forgiven and now Cleveland is the lovable underdog instead of the drooling idiots that drive their own teams to the ground and the fans allow it to happen.

Now, I'm getting a little worried that GS is choking away everything they worked for. It's almost inexplicable how they can lose Love and Irving, and yet all of the sudden become better, made you kind of wonder why did they even bother getting Love when they didn't need him all this time?

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-10 01:09:34

I don't know what has gotten into this Warriors team but man the Cavs just have the ability to make them look useless on offense. Sure Curry didn't shoot well until the 4th but it's like the Warriors live and die based off how well Curry is shooting. Surely the team has other people who can step up when he isn't hitting his shots. Actually, forget that, they NEED someone to step up when Steph is cold.

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-11 18:53:44

At 6/10/15 01:09 AM, Ship wrote: I don't know what has gotten into this Warriors team but man the Cavs just have the ability to make them look useless on offense. Sure Curry didn't shoot well until the 4th but it's like the Warriors live and die based off how well Curry is shooting. Surely the team has other people who can step up when he isn't hitting his shots. Actually, forget that, they NEED someone to step up when Steph is cold.

It also has more to do with Klay Thompson having a good game as well. When Thompson does well, the Warriors has a chance to win and he's the bigger factor for the team than Curry is right now. If Curry can stop serving up too many apple turnovers the Warriors can get themselves back on their feet.

The question is will they get their act together in time?

The third game, the third quarter is a disaster.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-11 20:40:14

If what folks on ESPN say is true, then game 4 is extremely important for Golden State if they want to get back into this series. I don't necessarily agree with ESPN on the first part, but GS must win this game. Thing is, they really don't need much to win the game other than make a few more shots and commit fewer turnovers be cause the Cavs aren't exactly running away with the series, and you have to realize that their frail bench has got to bite them in the ass sometime.

In short, they're going to have to win it, not expect Cleveland to be what they always been for 50 years and naturally expect them to choke it away.

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-11 22:08:32

It is about time for the Warriors to start performing the way they should have been the whole time. Being that it is still early in the game, the Warriors better hold and pull away further to be safe or else.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2015 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread 2015-06-11 22:57:12

The Warriors are so brutal in the third quarter once again, what gives? All the missed lay ups even on a fast break and now the Cavs are back in the game.

It's like they wanted the Cavs to win or something.

If the Warriors loses this series, I don't know whether or not this could be Lebron carrying his team to a win or the Warriors choking like a bunch of idiots with all the opportunities they had to put the game out of reach.

Also, who the heck let Dellanova loose like that?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature