00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are You a Cultured Person?

567 Views | 19 Replies

How much of a cultured person do you consider yourself to be?

By "culture" I mean any of the various regional cultures from around the world. Whether you've intermingled with the quakers, the hillbillies, the aboriginals, the native american tribes, etc. how many different cultures have you implemented in your lifestyle?

Here's a website to help you learn up some new cultures.

Do you own any highly cultural merchandise? Have you learned and/or participated in any cultural customs and ceremonies?
Have you eaten any cultural cuisine?

Discuss.

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-14 15:30:56

I frequently take part in Native American culture (more so as an observer), and I dabble with South American Shamanism.

BBS Signature

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-14 20:14:45

I'm an odd duck culturally. I'm a Californian from an old rural northern gold mining town, so I have a bizarre mix of your stereotypical "Californian" American traits and traits you would expect from more rural conservative areas like the South or the Midwest.

Being a Californian, and an American in general, has undoubtedly left its mark on my speech patterns, mannerisms, dress, tastes in music and food, and a number of other things. My exposure to a relatively cosmopolitan mix of cultures and ethnicities has resulted in a pretty diverse range of personal likes, dislikes, and quirks, but I don't doubt if you plopped me in any other country it would be anything but apparent where I'm from.

At 4/14/15 03:24 PM, Hoodie wrote: Did you know in South Africa it's considered rude to cover your mouth when you laugh?

In Japan it's considered rude not to.

That's actually true.

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-14 20:29:02

At 4/14/15 03:18 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: How much of a cultured person do you consider yourself to be?

By "culture" I mean any of the various regional cultures from around the world. Whether you've intermingled with the quakers, the hillbillies, the aboriginals, the native american tribes, etc. how many different cultures have you implemented in your lifestyle?

Here's a website to help you learn up some new cultures.

Do you own any highly cultural merchandise? Have you learned and/or participated in any cultural customs and ceremonies?

Discuss.

Uhhhh

I would give myself a 6.9 out of 10.

I am pretty cultured, but not super cultured. I am kind of an idiot actually, poor, stupid. Not overly cultured. Self absorbed. I can use chopsticks, I can speak some korean (not very much) oooh oh I watch American Movies. Wow, I am not cultured.

I think culture is intelligence, a knowledge of other cultures, aware of their societal do's and don'ts and benefiting from the knowledge in character and style.

So, I will stick with my 69. Yeaaaah 69 ! yeaaaa.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-14 20:35:08

Well I'm a white guy living in the suburbs we all act like we're black here

I guess we're pretty cultured

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-14 21:20:35

I know a little about most cultures.

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-14 21:22:04

im to busy being an individual

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-14 21:37:04

Not really.

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-14 21:40:26

Not going to lie, I've never felt like I've had a good understanding of any culture I've come into contact with except my own.

BBS Signature

I'm intrigued by cultures, but I don't really partake in them. America kinda tries to accept all of them so I have a mild understanding of Japanese culture and such.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-14 23:46:13

Like I could give a rat's ass about "culture".

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-14 23:52:52

At 4/14/15 11:46 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Like I could give a rat's ass about "culture".

What about military culture?

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-15 00:28:59

At 4/14/15 11:52 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 4/14/15 11:46 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Like I could give a rat's ass about "culture".
What about military culture?

Even less. I hate my job.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-15 00:32:45

I took Spanish cultures.
Didn't learn a thing except learning about cultures is too much work.
And we tend to fuck up information. So who cares?

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-15 01:30:51

If my bubble pipe is anything to go by, I'm a highly cultured and mature individual.

And in actuality, I mainly know stuff about places such as Canada, Ireland, or Australia. Not exactly well-rounded.
I give myself a 2/10 for slight effort.

When I'm not spouting bullshit, I'm actually dead serious.

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-15 10:47:24

I have experienced Cuban, Haitian, Puerto Rican, Jamaican, and South American all in my local neighborhood.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-15 11:04:16

Sorry but the link you provided looks like those ad sites which come up when you mistype legit sites addresses.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-15 13:04:19

Folklor and sevdalinka I know that

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-15 13:12:33

At 4/14/15 03:18 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: How much of a cultured person do you consider yourself to be?

Somewhat.

Do you own any highly cultural merchandise?

Books.

Have you learned and/or participated in any cultural customs and ceremonies?

Barely.

Everyday.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Are You a Cultured Person? 2015-04-15 14:41:04

The cultural diversity i have encountered is truly mesmerizing, the universe infinitely expands into meandering paths meant to serve the intellectual progression