00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RunicPixels just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Adobe Flash CC Brush tool

1,604 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Adobe Flash CC Brush tool 2015-04-10 19:36:04

Hey I am a starting animator, and this a technical question, so I am not to sure whether or not someone would be willing to answer me on this, but I have a problem with an unstable brush where the strokes are thickening to thinning to even breaking. I am using a intuos pro tablet and flash professional, I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this problem. I also have the latest updates for my tablet.

Thanks

Response to Adobe Flash CC Brush tool 2015-04-10 20:42:38

Check your brush smoothness. If it's too high, like at 100, it will 'oversmooth' it and break the line up. Using the smallest brush size will also make it more likely to break apart.
Do you have the pressure setting on in flash for your tablet? This will make the line thicker or thinner depending on how much pressure you apply with the stylus.

BBS Signature

Response to Adobe Flash CC Brush tool 2015-04-10 20:48:51

I have my smoothness set to about 50 and I didn't know that about the thinner line, so I have to use a thicker line in order to stop it from breaking up?

Response to Adobe Flash CC Brush tool 2015-04-11 06:36:48

At 4/10/15 07:36 PM, catsandbirds wrote: Hey I am a starting animator, and this a technical question, so I am not to sure whether or not someone would be willing to answer me on this, but I have a problem with an unstable brush where the strokes are thickening to thinning to even breaking. I am using a intuos pro tablet and flash professional, I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this problem. I also have the latest updates for my tablet.

Thanks

It might be due to your pen's "pressure sensitivity" being set on. Meaning the thickness of your line is determined by how hard you press down when drawing a line. If you want just a constant sized line when drawing, turn off pressure sensitivity. Hope that helps.

Response to Adobe Flash CC Brush tool 2015-04-11 12:11:32

Thanks I'll try that.