00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition

31,718 Views | 268 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-10-20 19:06:07

At 10/20/15 06:41 PM, Decky wrote: As December approaches from the horizon I'm starting to think this collab won't even be released on Newgrounds' 20th year, which is a real shame for the users that've put a real effort in. Can somebody pull their finger out and get this finished please.

I'm pretty sure they're still bug testing

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-10-21 05:50:42

Yeah, everything is done they are finishing up the final touches, I'm sure it will be done before 2016

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-10-26 20:30:37

cant wait to have an extra animation in my movies section.. its embarrassingly bare :(

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-10-26 21:34:30

At 10/20/15 06:41 PM, Decky wrote: As December approaches from the horizon I'm starting to think this collab won't even be released on Newgrounds' 20th year, which is a real shame for the users that've put a real effort in. Can somebody pull their finger out and get this finished please.

You do realize this is gonna be one big mother of a Flash file, right? Bad enough the other contributors were late or even no-shows, sometimes it takes a lot longer to shoehorn content in, when you're working on something else entirely.

If either one of the producers need help with a bit of code, please ask! I'm sure Tom or someone in the Flash forum would be happy to have a look at what's been done already. Only two months left :O

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-10-27 04:34:28

At 10/26/15 09:34 PM, VicariousE wrote: Only two months left :O

We could always change it to NG's 21st Anniversary :P

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-10-27 10:36:48

At 10/27/15 04:34 AM, Mattashi wrote: We could always change it to NG's 21st Anniversary :P

I'd say the 21st anniversary should have a "Newgrounds get's serious" theme. Like a bearded Robin Williams. Salad Fingers comes to turns with his crohn's disease or Hank from Madness and his twisted delusions of grandiose fight scenes whilst in his padded room. Let's go dark with it.

CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-09 05:32:15

You can do it guys! I believe in you! Any updates? :3

wat

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-09 07:36:47

Sorry for ignoring you guys. I haven't been posting any updates, since all I'm doing is technical boring stuff. Plus I got really sick of promising specific dates, and not being able to deliver. It's all been very unpredictable thus far, so I'm not doing that anymore.

Admittedly, I thought it was just a matter of waiting for everything to be programmed, once I had everything compiled. Wrong. Some of my time went into optimizing all the different project files you guys sent me. This was necessary, as the compilation file was nearing 250mb in size. I brought that file down to 150, and could/should probably go even lower. Keep in mind that this is just the video and audio devisions of the collab I'm talking about here. The menu is fairly big in itself, already containing the other 4 collabs; writing, art, games and voice acting, which the programmer has been working very hard on. The menu is now fully functional, except for one little thing which I asked the programmer to change. Other than that, it's a matter of merging the animation with the menu, which is literally the last step.

And then we should be done.

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-09 14:59:28

At 11/9/15 07:36 AM, Whirlguy wrote: Sorry for ignoring you guys. I haven't been posting any updates, since all I'm doing is technical boring stuff. Plus I got really sick of promising specific dates, and not being able to deliver. It's all been very unpredictable thus far, so I'm not doing that anymore.

You are being modest. You left out the part where you were also dealing with all the asshats that keep sending you waves of pm's. Not taking into account one's limited and valuable time.

talking about myself

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-09 15:55:44

At 11/9/15 02:59 PM, ShireSpeare wrote: You are being modest. You left out the part where you were also dealing with all the asshats that keep sending you waves of pm's. Not taking into account one's limited and valuable time.
talking about myself

Hehe it's okay man. It's good to see people are passionate about this thing ;)

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-11 14:28:30

compressing Collabs into a single Swf file is no small feat.. Just ask stamper hes done like 4 collabs that over a half an hour of animation each, and I still dont know how he pulled that off, But I can tell you it wasnt easy and he had a bunch of sleepless nights towards the end, so hats off to you guys pulling it together

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-11 16:33:57

At 11/11/15 02:28 PM, MindChamber wrote: compressing Collabs into a single Swf file is no small feat.. Just ask stamper hes done like 4 collabs that over a half an hour of animation each, and I still dont know how he pulled that off, But I can tell you it wasnt easy and he had a bunch of sleepless nights towards the end, so hats off to you guys pulling it together

Its no easy feet by any means. I know you can do it and cant wait to see it finally be complete

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-21 08:27:48

Just noticed that the game file was uploaded. I've tried to look at everything and all I can say is that it looks super awesome. I'm gonna cut it short and say amazing job putting everything together and to everyone involved!

*clap clap*

wat

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-21 09:11:39

At 11/21/15 08:27 AM, Mawnz wrote: Just noticed that the game file was uploaded.

Just had a look myself. Everything is looking pretty damn cool.

One thing I would say is that you are using the wrong Weebl & Bob trophy. I improved it and submitted this one a while back. @Whirlguy

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-21 10:45:44

@Whirlguy I really love the menu interface, very nice work!
What an amazing colab :D

BBS Signature

@Mawnz, @Mattashi
Whoah you guys have already taken notice? Glad you like it!

At 11/21/15 09:11 AM, Decky wrote: One thing I would say is that you are using the wrong Weebl & Bob trophy.

Thanks for pointing it out, we're fixing it!

===

@Da-Dinictus, @JunkYardAnimations, @ButzboPrud, @MasterMerol, @ShireSpeare, @StrawberryClock, @Catoblepas, @Solo28, @IvanAlmighty, @Clatform, @artistunknown, @DIWAKAR, @frameslinger, @megacharlie159, @MortalPoet, @megadrivesonic, @MindChamber, @scottwjsm, @test-object, @Haris

Hey everyone, there's a preview up in the project system. I would really appreciate it if you took some time to test it. If there's anything you find that strikes you as odd, please don't mention it in the thread but send me a PM instead.

Specifically we need to know:

* If all the medals work correctly.
* If there's any dynamic textboxes that aren't showing any text (book pages, game scores, popup boxes with info in them, etc.).
* If there's any strange glitches when watching the movie (bad synchronization, weird background transparency problems, etc.)
* If reading the entire story makes the quiz game any easier. We are worried some questions are too vague, trivial or ambiguous.

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-22 12:13:31

At 11/21/15 11:08 PM, Whirlguy wrote: * If all the medals work correctly.

They all seem to work fine for me except for the "Casual" medal.
but I have no idea how to unlock it, tried clicking a couple of Angry faces.

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-22 13:31:56

@Whirlguy I love this! glad to have participated, and hope everyone had fun doing this! :D

BBS Signature

Important memo: We'd like to have your opinion before the 25th of November.

@Mattashi: Each game has an agnry faic. If you find all 3 of them, the medal should unlock.
@megacharlie159: Thanks man, glad you like it so much!

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-22 17:18:34

I like the results. As far as I can tell it looks and works fine.

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-23 09:50:24

Honestly the best collab I have ever been on, all of the well organised stuff, all of the content, everything.

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-23 15:13:14

This collab has turned out amazingly. Though when will it finally be released to the public.

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-23 19:07:48

I havent gotten all the badges, but ill work on that soon. overall it looks great!.. the background behind my meatboy shot is missing, but it goes by so fast it really isnt a big deal, over all awesome work~!

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-23 20:33:39

At 11/23/15 07:07 PM, MindChamber wrote: I havent gotten all the badges, but ill work on that soon. overall it looks great!.. the background behind my meatboy shot is missing, but it goes by so fast it really isnt a big deal, over all awesome work~!

Glad you saw it in time! Know how flash sometimes has a mind of its own? It decided to mess around with your symbol properties. Under the advanced options for color effects; green is supposed to be at -100%. Easy fix, we're on it!

BBS Signature

At 11/22/15 04:28 PM, Whirlguy wrote: @Mattashi: Each game has an agnry faic. If you find all 3 of them, the medal should unlock.

At the Mini-game selection menu, will an Agnry faic appear on the title screen after you've collected one?

edit: All medals work for me! the one for Portal Patrol was a bit tricky since you have to click it before it comes too close and you'll take it out.

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-25 22:16:10

At 11/21/15 11:08 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
Hey everyone, there's a preview up in the project system. I would really appreciate it if you took some time to test it. If there's anything you find that strikes you as odd, please don't mention it in the thread but send me a PM instead.

It's pretty awesome!

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Turned out amazing man! Some damn fine animations in there, I was quite impressed! :D

Edit: One note I had was I wish I could quit out of a game at anytime, instead of having to wait to die.

Follow me!

YOUTUBE

TWITTER

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-26 15:41:59

What? Wow!!!! This evolved much bigger than I expected. Awesome work everyone and a big thanks @Whirlguy for doing this huge amount of coordination work! That must have been a big load....

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-11-29 22:29:59

Haven't had internet for a while, glad to know this thing is finally done and out. The whole thing turned out great! I still gotta check out the stuff other than the movie, but I'm sure it's all great too. I'm really glad to have been a part of this, everyone did a great job!