00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition

31,716 Views | 268 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 5/21/15 11:37 AM, frameslinger wrote: Wow, neat. Did I have any cool scars from the war with the machines/aliens/mutated cockroaches? How'd the finished animation look? Did I find a way to show Fancy Pants?

Well, he encrypted the file. It'll take me a few weeks to crack the password, but I'll let you know ;)

At 5/21/15 08:19 PM, megadrivesonic wrote: Hello guys, I am here with an update with my part of the collab.

Looks awesome man, be sure to add those ng characters :3

At 5/22/15 02:03 AM, DIWAKAR wrote: Have started animating Dad's part !

Smashing!

At 5/23/15 06:52 AM, Catoblepas wrote: moved on to butts

I'll make note of that.

===

01. [ Download ] - @WooleyWorld: Grabbed a bottle of oil. Things are definitely getting hot in here, but how is his animation doing?
02. [ Download ] - @Djsoul88: Got started on May 8th. Could we get an update on that?
03. [ Download ] - @cjbouchermedia: Told me on May 16th that storyboarding was nearly done and the animatic will be up soon.
04. [ Download ] - @ShoZ: Told me on May 16th that he's been too busy, but will have something to show us soon.
05. [ Download ] - @MasterMerol: Made it known on May 12th, that he shall portray Tom's horror. Cool, how is it going so far?
06. [ Download ] - @ShireSpeare: Has updated his animation. Looks amazing!
07. [ Download ] - @StrawberryClock: PM'd me on May 16th to tell me he'll get started the next week.
08. [ Download ] - @Catoblepas: Moved on to butts.
09. [ Download ] - Open
10. [ Download ] - @IvanAlmighty: Messaged me on May 15th that a preview will be coming soon.
11. [ Download ] - @Clatform: Told us on May 15th that he'll show us some progress soon.
12. [ Download ] - @Whirlguy: Is stil working on the menu and tries to find 3 more participants.
13. [ Download ] - @artistunknown: Showed us a preview on May 17th.
14. [ Download ] - @DIWAKAR: Is so excited to animate Dad's part, he posted it twice :D
15. [ Download ] - @frameslinger: His future self took care of things.
16. [ Download ] - Open
17. [ Download ] - @megacharlie159: Told me on May 1st he would change his animation. How is that coming along?
18. [ Download ] - @MortalPoet: Now taken by MortalPoet, awww ye.
19. [ Download ] - @megadrivesonic: Made some awesome sketches and is now working on adding in NG characters.
20. [ Download ] - @MindChamber: Last posted on May 10th. I'm not too sure how his part is doing right now.
21. [ Download ] - @Lochie: I think I last spoke to him on May 18th. He's back in Australia and ready for buttfire.
22. [ Download ] - @wallpaperman: promised on May 24th there shall be a preview soon.
23. [ Download ] - @Muteyoh: Told me on May 16th there will be a proper WIP by the end of the month.
24. [ Download ] - @nat29: Hasn't shown any activity ever since he joined on April 29th. We're begging for an update man!
25. [ Download ] - Open

People who might still join us: @snickity, @tomutwit, @Zerodecoole, @Zhon
Parts that are still open: #9, #16, #25
Spreadsheet: LINK

===

Hey guys, everything's coming up great so far! But we're not there yet; at least 3 animator spots are still open and I would love to get those filled in.

I've done a couple of things to advertise this thread already: Frontpage blogging, signature links, calendar exposure and even newsposts by Tom. But I'm afraid that with the coming of NATA, Clock Day, Robot Day, Madness Day and school exams, this has become quite a challenge.

So yeah, it would really help if you guys mentioned this collab to your animator friends. Of course, making reference to this thread within your signature and newsposts would be very welcome too! ReNaeNae made a reference to the art collab (related to this project) just yesterday, and it has since become very active. You guys could make a huge difference! :)

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-05-24 15:56:04

At 5/24/15 03:13 PM, Whirlguy wrote: So yeah, it would really help if you guys mentioned this collab to your animator friends. Of course, making reference to this thread within your signature and newsposts would be very welcome too! ReNaeNae made a reference to the art collab (related to this project) just yesterday, and it has since become very active. You guys could make a huge difference! :)

Just wanna say even though my circumstances prevented me from contributing, I've been happily touting a shoutout in my sig since day one. Have been keeping up on the thread to see what's going on too, still can't wait to see the finished product. Gogogo!

(>'-')>

sketched out the characters and positions so far, no actual animation yet, will start that next weekend

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-05-24 18:44:17

@Whirlguy Haven't really been at it much yet XD

At 5/24/15 03:13 PM, Whirlguy wrote:

@megacharlie159: Told me on May 1st he would change his animation. How is that coming along?

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-05-25 03:30:54

At 5/24/15 03:13 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Hey guys, everything's coming up great so far! But we're not there yet; at least 3 animator spots are still open and I would love to get those filled in.

It's pretty bad to see that those spots are still open. Hoped i could at least finish my part fast to maybe do another one. Was way to optimistic about it.

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-05-25 04:23:05

Well Now I am In toms Part !! Yay !
Hows The tom's cartoon ?

Being a game maker is My ambition And 'tis the starting !!!!!!

Games|Animation|Music|Art

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-05-25 06:32:51

At 5/24/15 03:56 PM, Zhon wrote: Just wanna say even though my circumstances prevented me from contributing, I've been happily touting a shoutout in my sig since day one. Have been keeping up on the thread to see what's going on too, still can't wait to see the finished product. Gogogo!

That's awesome man! I really appreciate the support!

At 5/24/15 05:58 PM, MindChamber wrote: sketched out the characters and positions so far, no actual animation yet, will start that next weekend

Neat! Looking forward to it.

At 5/24/15 06:44 PM, megacharlie159 wrote: @Whirlguy Haven't really been at it much yet XD

Alright, let me know if anything happens.

At 5/25/15 03:30 AM, ShireSpeare wrote: It's pretty bad to see that those spots are still open. Hoped i could at least finish my part fast to maybe do another one. Was way to optimistic about it.

Oh, that would be great! I was thinking about animating another part myself, but I really have to see for myself how much time will still be left when I'm more or less done with the menu graphics. I would say my animation is about half-way done right now, but the menu is an unpredictable thing; that's why I want to finish it first.

At 5/25/15 04:23 AM, DIWAKAR wrote: Well Now I am In toms Part !! Yay !
Hows The tom's cartoon ?

Awesome! I can't wait to see the whole thing in action :)

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-05-25 07:12:59

@Whirlguy im sorry but i cant make it in time :( i thought i can but i cant...just got too much on my mind lately, study and stuff. im really sorry i couldnt tell you in time. i hope somebody else is interested for this "position" :I . long story short: im out :(

Hey, is there any place for me?
If yes, count me in!

till we overdose

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-05-25 13:15:15

All right, progress update! Here's what I have so far, about 29% complete: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6777b493e67cb0be5b738332604c0f0a

Unfortunately, NATA has started and now I need to shift my attention toward that. I should still have plenty of time to finish this before June 21st though, even if I have to get no sleep! ;3

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-05-25 13:33:55

At 5/24/15 03:13 PM, Whirlguy wrote: 05. [ Download ] - @MasterMerol: Made it known on May 12th, that he shall portray Tom's horror. Cool, how is it going so far?

I've been storyboarding thingies and trying to get something that fits the song's mood nicely. I'll post some progress as soon as i've done something that doesn't embarrass me :(

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-05-25 15:49:37

At 5/25/15 06:32 AM, Whirlguy wrote: Oh, that would be great! I was thinking about animating another part myself, but I really have to see for myself how much time will still be left when I'm more or less done with the menu graphics. I would say my animation is about half-way done right now, but the menu is an unpredictable thing; that's why I want to finish it first.

I won't blame ya. Better safe than sorry. I had the same before the storyboarding, when it's hard to predict how long it will take it's the first thing you want to get out of the way. I'll see what i can manage, in the meantime let's hope for others to chime in.

At 5/25/15 07:12 AM, ShoZ wrote: @Whirlguy im sorry but i cant make it in time :( i thought i can but i cant...just got too much on my mind lately, study and stuff. im really sorry i couldnt tell you in time. i hope somebody else is interested for this "position" :I . long story short: im out :(

Oh man, sucks to see you go. I just sent you a PM, maybe we can work something out.

At 5/25/15 11:00 AM, RB wrote: Hey, is there any place for me?
If yes, count me in!

Welcome RB! Yes, there are still some spots available. Numbers #9, #16 and #25. Please check the first page for details on those parts. I'll send you the audio file once you've made your choice :)

At 5/25/15 01:15 PM, artistunknown wrote: All right, progress update! Here's what I have so far, about 29% complete: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6777b493e67cb0be5b738332604c0f0a

That's awesome!

Unfortunately, NATA has started and now I need to shift my attention toward that. I should still have plenty of time to finish this before June 21st though, even if I have to get no sleep! ;3

Haha, some dedication man! :)

At 5/25/15 01:33 PM, MasterMerol wrote: I've been storyboarding thingies and trying to get something that fits the song's mood nicely. I'll post some progress as soon as i've done something that doesn't embarrass me :(

Neat! I'm looking forward to it.

At 5/25/15 03:49 PM, ShireSpeare wrote: I won't blame ya. Better safe than sorry. I had the same before the storyboarding, when it's hard to predict how long it will take it's the first thing you want to get out of the way. I'll see what i can manage, in the meantime let's hope for others to chime in.

Let's hope so! :)

BBS Signature

@WhirlGuy Well heres v1 of my wip of the animation now with more newgrounds injected into it.
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0d4025c9371fb73d64d01fa0e1942b37

I also plan on adding something girlchan related in the background once i start putting color into this. I also wanted to ask, would it be better if the backgrounds were purely made in flash or painted in photoshop?

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-05-26 20:46:57

At 5/26/15 08:06 PM, megadrivesonic wrote: @WhirlGuy Well heres v1 of my wip of the animation now with more newgrounds injected into it.

I like it :)

I also plan on adding something girlchan related in the background once i start putting color into this. I also wanted to ask, would it be better if the backgrounds were purely made in flash or painted in photoshop?

Either way is fine. I've been thinking of doing photoshop backgrounds for my animation but then decided to just draw them in flash.

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-01 17:04:50

@WhirlGuy Ok guys heres a new wip. How do you guys proggessing with your entries?

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e0ee3a2183f1e79aa7071b86f1fffa49

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-01 21:30:59

How am I supposed to fulfill my future destiny if I keep getting harassed for updates? I think I'm on track, maybe even get it done early. I'd say it's 60% done but the tanks are gonna be a bitch to animate 3D-like.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/b2013c5e07725bfa7072e5020c3e541c

My dog shits on my keyboard.

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-01 21:56:24

Don't have the time to put a part together sadly, but if anyone needs a voice actor let me know.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Hey guys, a couple of updates here. First of all, I finished my animation! A few other contributors did too! You can watch them below. Furthermore, a couple of people dropped out; WooleyWorld and ShoZ. Luckily a couple of new people joined as well, namely; ButzboPrud and RB. The status on Djsoul88 and cjbouchermedia are a bit uncertain. They may drop out...

There's still 3 spots open. I'll do what I can to get those spots filled.

===

01. [ Download ] - Open
02. [ Download ] - @Djsoul88: Last posted May 8th. I asked for a status update on May 28th but he has yet to respond. Did he bail?
03. [ Download ] - @cjbouchermedia: Doesn't use Flash and thought After Effects was accepted. Unsure about his next move.
04. [ Download ] - @ButzoPrud: Joined us on May 30th!
05. [ Download ] - @MasterMerol: Told us on May 25th that progress is being made. His WIP is a bit too embarrassing though.
06. [ Download ] - @ShireSpeare: Is making good progress.
07. [ Download ] - @StrawberryClock: Sent me a preview that keeps the spirit of 2001 alive. I absolutely LOVE it!
08. [ Download ] - @Catoblepas: Still animating butts. Presumably.
09. [ Download ] - Open
10. [ Download ] - @IvanAlmighty: I messaged him on May 28th to see how his preview is coming along. He's probably a bit busy.
11. [ Download ] - @Clatform: Has a preview ready! Looking awesome!
12. [ Download ] - @Whirlguy: Finished his animation. Will be focusing on the menu, may pick another part. Probably #16.
13. [ Download ] - @artistunknown: Completed 29% of his animation on May 25th.
14. [ Download ] - @DIWAKAR: Is steadily working his way through a bunch of scenes.
15. [ Download ] - @frameslinger: Says it's about 60% done. Shaping up nicely!
16. [ Download ] - Open
17. [ Download ] - @megacharlie159: Changed some things about his part. Almost finished!
18. [ Download ] - @MortalPoet: Should get started pretty soon, as he knows there are only 3 weeks left.
19. [ Download ] - @megadrivesonic: Told me he's almost finished!
20. [ Download ] - @MindChamber: Said he'd start the animation at the end of May. Pretty recent then.
21. [ Download ] - @Lochie: Storyboarded his part and will discuss transitions with his neighbors.
22. [ Download ] - @wallpaperman: Got started as soon as he learned there's 3 weeks left.
23. [ Download ] - @Muteyoh: Promised a preview by the end of May. He's probably been too busy.
24. [ Download ] - @nat29: Promised to get started on May 29.
25. [ Download ] - @RB: Chose this part on May 28.

People who might still join us: @Da-Dinictus, @ShoZ, @snickity, @tomutwit, @WooleyWorld, @Zerodecoole, @Zhon
Parts that are still open: #1, #9, #16
Spreadsheet: LINK

===

At 6/1/15 05:04 PM, megadrivesonic wrote: @WhirlGuy Ok guys heres a new wip. How do you guys proggessing with your entries?

Doing great on mine. Finished my part and am thinking of taking spot #16.

At 6/1/15 09:30 PM, frameslinger wrote: How am I supposed to fulfill my future destiny if I keep getting harassed for updates? I think I'm on track, maybe even get it done early. I'd say it's 60% done but the tanks are gonna be a bitch to animate 3D-like.

Awesome. I made note of it :)

At 6/1/15 09:56 PM, ForNoReason wrote: Don't have the time to put a part together sadly, but if anyone needs a voice actor let me know.

If you want to voice act for us, you might want to check this :)
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1391454

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-02 22:26:23

At 6/2/15 10:03 PM, Djsoul88 wrote: still here. My pen broke, so i've been waiting on my new one for awhile now.

Oh man that sucks. I'm really glad you're still in though. You're probably getting started soon then?

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-03 14:30:05

butts n' shit

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-03 19:42:41

At 4/10/15 01:29 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Hello my fellow animators, as you may already know; Newgrounds will be turning 20 years old by 6 July 2015!

Oh god I feel old.

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-03 20:07:02

At 6/3/15 02:30 PM, Catoblepas wrote: butts n' shit

My bad ;D

At 6/3/15 07:42 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
At 4/10/15 01:29 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Hello my fellow animators, as you may already know; Newgrounds will be turning 20 years old by 6 July 2015!
Oh god I feel old.

Wow man, it's been ages! How are you doing? There's still room if you want to join :)

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-07 16:27:59

can i join this thing?

are there still any spots available in this?

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-07 20:38:00

If there's any open spot, ANY, I'd be interested!

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-07 23:03:15

Can we still huh...join? send stuff for the organizers to decide on? something? I'm excited confused and maybe ready to feel disapointed, I just dream of participating in something with Catobeplas. also yeah NG 20 yay

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-07 23:49:47

same here
I just saw these

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-08 06:48:13

At 6/7/15 08:38 PM, Sirbrickrock wrote: If there's any open spot, ANY, I'd be interested!

Thanks for the interest man. You're not working with Flash though, are you?

At 6/7/15 04:27 PM, chris-the-stick2 wrote: can i join this thing?
At 6/7/15 11:03 PM, Pegasu wrote: Can we still huh...join?
At 6/7/15 11:49 PM, jagondudo wrote: I just saw these

Hey guys! I'm really happy all of you want to sign up! Unfortunately there's not enough room for 3 animators right now. Parts #1 and #3 are still open. It's kind of tricky to decide who stays and who doesn't. I hope you guys don't take it too personal.

@jagondudo, love your work. I'll reserve a spot for you.

@Pegasu, you can join too.

@chris-the-stick2, sorry you didn't make it. However, if another spot becomes available, I shall contact you.

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-08 09:09:42

@Whirlguy Here is my rough animation W.I.P. for the collab! :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/07719160f179d3a22c5071c4c6b2a61f

Follow me!

YOUTUBE

TWITTER

BBS Signature

Response to CTSG Collab: Anniversary Edition 2015-06-08 09:19:50

At 6/8/15 09:09 AM, MortalPoet wrote: @Whirlguy Here is my rough animation W.I.P. for the collab! :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/07719160f179d3a22c5071c4c6b2a61f

Looks flipping sweet! That transitions is going to be awesome!

BBS Signature