00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DoctorSpectre just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Self pausing video ads.

345 Views | 3 Replies

Self pausing video ads. 2015-04-09 23:10:21

So whenever I am watching a tv show on its respective website (ie IFC, AMC or NBC) that has about 2 minutes worth of ads, I typically get up for a couple of minutes till the ads are done, but i notice when I am trying to watch something on amc.com, this car ad automatically pauses in the middle of the video, so I need to get up and click something to resume the video. Am i the only one who is noticing this type of rogue advertising? I like to be able to walk away from 2 minutes of video ads and come back to whatever I am watching, but ads these days are becoming more and more intrusive. The future of the internet looks very grim.

http://xat.com/thetoc2_hangout promoting guitar hero world tour, save up to 20% when you pre-order here

BBS Signature

Response to Self pausing video ads. 2015-04-09 23:14:11

There are only two good ways to watch television:

Netflix and Piracy

Netflix is a good way to support the creators of a show without dealing with the gross overabundance of ads you need to deal with on television and the network's websites. Netflix cuts out the middle man and savings are passed on to you, AND you don't need to deal with gratuitous advertisements. But, unfortunately, not everything is available on Netflix.

And then there's piracy.

Response to Self pausing video ads. 2015-04-09 23:20:04 (edited 2015-04-09 23:21:53)

At 4/9/15 11:10 PM, Eltelelel wrote: The future of the internet looks very grim.

Just get adblock.

The internet is great and all but it's a business platform-- as all mediums tend to be at times.

Newspapers/Books/Magazines, Music, Movies, Television, etc.
The internet is a virtual mishmash of all these things.

They're all business opportunities-- and while the ads here and there aren't nearly as intrusive as the internet ads, do not forget that money powers things. Where would we be without those sleazy businessmen and marketing geniuses?

There are the kind souls who make utilities and programs like adblock for no profit, so God bless them.

If you are going to get an adblock extension, I recommend "AdBlock Plus". Turn it off for NG though, because the artists here are starving and our great and powerful Tom Fulp needs the money to keep the site up. Plus our ads aren't nearly as intrusive or frequent.

Response to Self pausing video ads. 2015-04-09 23:20:14

Hah, I agree with the dude who mentioned piracy!

I live in Eastern Europe. It's in our blood to pirate movies and TV shows and literally anything. Know why? I'll tell you why. My country is poor, but we have disportionately advanced internet (and cheap!).

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature