00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What's your excuse, America?

3,562 Views | 52 Replies

What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 22:54:56

Why is it that only cuple of southern states are respectable ones?

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 22:57:40

I think the problem is that we're too big of a country. The states need to divide and we should constantly war with each other until only the strongest and purest are left:

The misogynist casual racists.

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:00:52

At 4/6/15 10:59 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 4/6/15 10:54 PM, Makakaov wrote: Why is it that only cuple of southern states are respectable ones?
since when was any state respectable? since when was any country in the history of earth respectable?

If you don't understand this, don't jump into discussion in the first place.

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:02:24

At 4/6/15 10:54 PM, Makakaov wrote: Why is it that only cuple of southern states are respectable ones?

300 million plus people can't all be cream of the crop.

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:09:45

At 4/6/15 11:07 PM, 24901miles wrote: The south has massive poverty and disease, a history of violence and racism, and is notorious for electing corrupt politicians with misplaced priorities. Which ones are respectable?

Florida.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:13:35

At 4/6/15 11:09 PM, FinaLee wrote:
Florida.

I hope that's a joke. If there's a weird crime or shady voting scandal, odds are pretty decent it's in Florida.

At 4/6/15 11:07 PM, 24901miles wrote:
The south has massive poverty and disease, a history of violence and racism, and is notorious for electing corrupt politicians with misplaced priorities. Which ones are respectable?

Actually this also applies to northern states when you think about it. What makes south more respectable than north is obviously culture.

At 4/6/15 11:14 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: in any case, you're a bitter fellow who cant get over the fact that i pwned him in his discussion of prostitution and just cant wait to fire off another baseless accusation in retaliation.

Actually in that discussion you have given up and ran away from posting due to total ass whooping sponsored by Makakov inc. And no, I'm not biting here.

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:17:21

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:22:54

At 4/6/15 11:09 PM, FinaLee wrote:
At 4/6/15 11:07 PM, 24901miles wrote: The south has massive poverty and disease, a history of violence and racism, and is notorious for electing corrupt politicians with misplaced priorities. Which ones are respectable?
Florida.

nope

What's your excuse, America?

BBS Signature

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:23:51

At 4/6/15 11:13 PM, SansNumbers wrote: Ah, yes, the respectable face-eaters.

Key Lime Pie.

At 4/6/15 11:13 PM, someaveragechap wrote: I hope that's a joke. If there's a weird crime or shady voting scandal, odds are pretty decent it's in Florida.

The Everglades.

At 4/6/15 11:17 PM, 24901miles wrote: I dunno man.

Cape Canaveral.

Anyone else?

BBS Signature

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:24:56

I dunno, why can't Russia stay out of Ukraine?

Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death

Hello to eternity and live for every breath

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:25:21

The north isn't much better. Keep in mind that the idea of slavery being immoral was only a front used to spur the Union into fighting the civil war, and that it was ultimately a war between cotton and wool exporters. Once the Confederation fell and slavery was abolished, northerners were still more than happy to discriminate against blacks and take advantage of them.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:30:31

At 4/6/15 11:24 PM, AbsoluteNero wrote:

Because Ukraine is an unrespectable southern state of Russia.

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:39:04

At 4/6/15 11:30 PM, Makakaov wrote:
At 4/6/15 11:24 PM, AbsoluteNero wrote:
Because Ukraine is an unrespectable southern state of Russia.

Ya, its not. The USSR is dead and your shit tier imperialism is out of date. At least the US and China are subtle about theirs.

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:45:03

At 4/6/15 11:30 PM, 24901miles wrote: You got me there, but now
New Mexico, Arizona, California, Virginia, and Texas

"Wow, honey. That private launch was awesome. What do you say we hop in the car and go to Disney World? Oh...we can't. We don't live in Florida. We just have all this dirt. I could really go for some quality key lime pie about now..."

BBS Signature

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:45:11

At 4/6/15 11:39 PM, AbsoluteNero wrote: Ya, its not. The USSR is dead and your shit tier imperialism is out of date.

Oh the irony.

At least the US and China are subtle about theirs.

Why do you respect honest people, but not honest countries?

Besides if you really want to know, Crimea was russian since like XVIIIth century, it's ethnicity was constantly around 50% since then, and it was given to Ukrainian republic of USSR mere few decades ago. The attack on eastern Ukraine and creating puppet country is just creating a buffer zone between influences of EU/USA and Russia, since Ukraine is to join EU. Putin said that he's going to slap Ukraine for joining EU years ago. Nothing was done to answer and secure Ukraine from this threat, even worse - it took a huge loan on gas from Russia. Ukrainians are just proving, that they either should be minority of Russia or Poland.

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-06 23:48:03

I'm in CA, the land of geoengineering and drought, don't blame us.

BBS Signature

At 4/6/15 11:55 PM, 24901miles wrote: mistaken for a criminal because of our skin tone,

C'mon now, that's a problem in just about all of the States. What about all the Stop and Frisks in NYC?

Edit: On the plus side, the number of Stop and Frisks has been trending downwards.

Edit 2: Can't believe I missed an obvious error >.>

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-07 00:04:26

At 4/6/15 11:55 PM, 24901miles wrote: "I hope we don't…

…Miami Heat.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-07 00:15:19

At 4/6/15 11:55 PM, 24901miles wrote:

I think you're committing a logical mistake. It's really contractual thing to settle on a judgement based on singular cases, and I think that's what you're doing. I agree that Florida is batshit insane in general, but it doesn't anyhow contradict statement that only couple of southern states are respectable. Besides there are few notable singular cases that portray north worse than south if you want to go this way. Ferguson, for instance, or fall of Detroit.

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-07 00:32:49

At 4/7/15 12:18 AM, 24901miles wrote:
At 4/7/15 12:15 AM, Makakaov wrote: Ferguson, for instance
Missouri is a Southern state

or fall of Detroit.
Michigan is in the Midwest

Michigan is like one of the top northern states of whole USA. I think we're using different terminology here. While I am calling north 'north', and you're calling north 'midwest'

And On the map you showed Missouri is not a southern state. Apparently it's "midwest" too, but actually when you divide states into north and south both missouri and michagan are obviously north.

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-07 03:05:23

At 4/6/15 11:45 PM, Makakaov wrote: Oh the irony.

Look up the definition of irony.

Because the reason Russia is in Crimea is because of oh I dunno, oil and the fact that a massive Russian Naval base's lease is almost ready to expire. Russia doesn't give a shit about Russians in Russia why do you think it gives a shit about Russians in other parts of the world? Putin is worse at hiding his motives than Bush was.

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-07 05:09:35

At 4/7/15 03:05 AM, AbsoluteNero wrote:
At 4/6/15 11:45 PM, Makakaov wrote: Oh the irony.
Look up the definition of irony.

So you're plain dumb by pointing out imperialism to Russia, while USA is far more agressive and dominant, but dishonest and trying to make it look like some fight for great good.

Because the reason Russia is in Crimea is because of oh I dunno, oil and the fact that a massive Russian Naval base's lease is almost ready to expire. Russia doesn't give a shit about Russians in Russia why do you think it gives a shit about Russians in other parts of the world? Putin is worse at hiding his motives than Bush was.

First of all, Russia itself, as a country and as a folk doesn't have much to do with Kremlin. These are like two different worlds. And this folk context is important, since the thread was started in it in the first place (not judging whole USA - pointing out differences between states). Second of all, apparently you're trying to tell me you know better than Putin himself. And I never stated that he cares about russians abroad. Crimea was far more russian than ukrainian and it joined RF - simple as that. Just like some lands were divided after WW II - in referendum. And again, forming novorossiya is just creating a buffer zone. What can't you possibly understand here?

At 4/7/15 05:09 AM, Makakaov wrote:
So you're plain dumb by pointing out imperialism to Russia, while USA is far more agressive and dominant, but dishonest and trying to make it look like some fight for great good.

It would be Ironic if I was American or if I was defending American foreign policy, which I'm not. You have failed.

First of all, Russia itself, as a country and as a folk doesn't have much to do with Kremlin. These are like two different worlds. And this folk context is important, since the thread was started in it in the first place (not judging whole USA - pointing out differences between states). Second of all, apparently you're trying to tell me you know better than Putin himself. And I never stated that he cares about russians abroad. Crimea was far more russian than ukrainian and it joined RF - simple as that. Just like some lands were divided after WW II - in referendum. And again, forming novorossiya is just creating a buffer zone. What can't you possibly understand here?

Creating a buffer zone obviously means that Russia is attempting another state of cold war and isolation against the west, Putin trying to relive glory days. Also where did Crimea "join" the RF. All that happened is Russian Forces in probably the shittiest attempt to be discrete about an invasion forced ethnic Ukrainians out of the area and stated that 100% of the people were now Russian. I remember the Hutus trying something similar to the Tutsis a few years back.

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-07 07:11:22

because I'm here in the south

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-07 07:42:22

It's why we draw the line between north and south.

life can be real fuckin crazy

BBS Signature

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-07 07:46:11

Northern states ftw

BBS Signature

I have equal lack of respect for all the states and countries in the world. I have no idea what you are talking about, OP.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-07 09:00:05

sorry but the northern states (above the Dixie Line) are much better economically and socially. you wouldnt believe the stupid shit that happens in the south.

Response to What's your excuse, America? 2015-04-07 10:00:04

I like southern america. Duck Dynasty for example, i watch that show sometimes. Crazy people but fun :D