00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

So, Futurama's Back Again

2,111 Views | 26 Replies

So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 01:13:08

Well, shit. What is this, like the third time Futurama got uncancelled? This is starting to get ridiculous, honestly.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 01:17:25

Get ready for another happy ending override.

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 01:17:55

You do know dailyleak is a fake news site right???

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 01:22:10

At 4/6/15 01:17 AM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: You do know dailyleak is a fake news site right???

Can't a guy make a harmless joke thread without people ruining the surprise so quickly?

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

BBS Signature

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 01:24:45

At 4/6/15 01:22 AM, Knights wrote:
At 4/6/15 01:17 AM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: You do know dailyleak is a fake news site right???
Can't a guy make a harmless joke thread without people ruining the surprise so quickly?

No

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 01:27:06

Hah.

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 06:38:46

At 4/6/15 01:24 AM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote:
At 4/6/15 01:22 AM, Knights wrote:
No

Why not?

BBS Signature

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 06:55:02

I didn't even know the show had been cancelled again.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 07:30:49

I don't believe this until it gets confirmed by The Onion.

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 08:34:53

You aren't a good person, OP.

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 09:14:08

I'd believe it. This would only be the 10th time.

BBS Signature

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 10:02:13

At 4/6/15 01:13 AM, Knights wrote: Well, shit. What is this, like the third time Futurama got uncancelled? This is starting to get ridiculous, honestly.

lATE APRIL FOOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sig made by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 10:54:38

Really? I felt the finale has wrapped up the series nicely unlike the first time it got canned, they should leave it the way it is rather than turning it into Groening's other piece of work.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 10:59:12

At 4/6/15 10:54 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Really? I felt the finale has wrapped up the series nicely unlike the first time it got canned, they should leave it the way it is rather than turning it into Groening's other piece of work.

I think it has always been Groening's other work. I personally would like to see more made as I think they can take this further then they did. Though you should always leave the audience wanting more....or so they say.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 11:05:25

Futurama was never black in the first place, why you're saing it's black again?

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 11:18:36

Great, more inaccurate interpretations of what the future holds

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 11:24:47

At 4/6/15 10:59 AM, Decky wrote:
At 4/6/15 10:54 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Really? I felt the finale has wrapped up the series nicely unlike the first time it got canned, they should leave it the way it is rather than turning it into Groening's other piece of work.
I think it has always been Groening's other work. I personally would like to see more made as I think they can take this further then they did. Though you should always leave the audience wanting more....or so they say.

I don't know man, do you remember how bad the Simpsons have gotten? While not as bad a Family Guy but the jokes were pretty much forced as it does comes across as a animated skit show to the point you're glad it didn't reach the level of MadTV yet.

They should leave it the way it is or it may very well become like Michael Jordan's Wizards years.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 11:40:00

Are they making more Futurama movies? Rather see them, then the TV show.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

At 4/6/15 11:40 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Are they making more Futurama movies? Rather see them, then the TV show.

Diddo. The show done all it can, personally I think it should just merge with Simpsons. Maybe then ideas will come back and Simpsons will be hilarious again.

I wouldn't mind a slew of Futurama movies clogging up my Netflix, but the ending of Futurama (as sad as it was) was perfect. A perfect end, to a near perfect legacy. If Netflix brings it back, it won't be the same.

Nostalgia glasses might be worn, but the style and jokes will always be with the original series of the first syndication of the show.

Reruns though on Netflix is good enough for now =D

If you are not playing the game, then you are letting the game play you. Twitter: @Hypnotikid

BBS Signature

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 15:34:40

I read it and it sounds like they are doing a spinoff, not sure how I feel about that

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 15:46:15

At 4/6/15 02:57 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 4/6/15 02:56 PM, fireimp wrote:
At 4/6/15 11:40 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Diddo.
Ditto*

Dido

BBS Signature

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 18:32:01

So you've pranked me.

Oh well, we could always hope that it will return one day in some form or fashion. Besides, if the show really did get rebooted they'd probably ruin Zoidberg while making Bender look like a Memetic Badass.

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 20:30:58

Lol.

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 20:32:24

I heard that the decision of Comedy Central to re-cancel Futurama was decided by a coin flip. They were 50/50 on continuing, and decided to flip to decide the outcome. Heads, renew. Tails, cancel. It landed on Tails.

I wonder what the people in Universe 1 think about the newest episodes we didn't get to see.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 20:40:22

At 4/6/15 02:56 PM, fireimp wrote:
At 4/6/15 11:40 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Are they making more Futurama movies? Rather see them, then the TV show.
Diddo. The show done all it can, personally I think it should just merge with Simpsons.

I don't know about that, but yes the movies are superior.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-06 21:14:18

D*ck move dude...

Response to So, Futurama's Back Again 2015-04-07 00:37:49

I personally wouldn't want Futurama to come back if there were even a remote possibility of it coming back.
It ended decently. Matt Groening needs to learn to leave things alone and let shows die and stay dead.
I don't want Futurama to turn into another Simpsons. Having it be on for an eternity and have meh episode after meh episode released and each sully the legacy what was once a great show.

i mean for fucks sake the show is turning TWENTY SIX this year.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature