00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Uni Animation Project Critique?

336 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Uni Animation Project Critique? 2015-04-05 09:51:43

Hi guys, I posted up here about voice actors a few months ago and got a really useful response, I wanted to see if I could get the same in terms of advice on my animation.

I'm making a teaser for a web series with a friend as part of a collaborative project at University. It's not finished yet, but the series will be about a girl named Iris who discovers a power to help her fight monsters hidden in plain sight, more info here! - https://www.facebook.com/iriswebseries

Anyway, I'm animating the second half of the teaser. Seeing as it's out of context I'm more looking for critique on the animation and pacing. (As a note, at 1:00 there is supposed to be a yellow silhouette of the monster slashing at the girl, but it didn't render out, so that shot might not make much sense)

Animation is here! It's only 1:24 up to now

Any advice or critique would be really helpful! And like the Facebook page if you're interested to see more :)

One more thing, does anybody have advice for getting the project out there before the release? We're going to release it on Newgrounds and Youtube, but until then the audience is pretty sparse, we'd love to try and reach more people who may be interested in the project.

Thanks!

Jack

Response to Uni Animation Project Critique? 2015-04-07 11:25:00

At 4/5/15 09:51 AM, FlazTheSundog wrote: Hi guys, I posted up here about voice actors a few months ago and got a really useful response, I wanted to see if I could get the same in terms of advice on my animation.

I'm making a teaser for a web series with a friend as part of a collaborative project at University. It's not finished yet, but the series will be about a girl named Iris who discovers a power to help her fight monsters hidden in plain sight, more info here! - https://www.facebook.com/iriswebseries

Anyway, I'm animating the second half of the teaser. Seeing as it's out of context I'm more looking for critique on the animation and pacing. (As a note, at 1:00 there is supposed to be a yellow silhouette of the monster slashing at the girl, but it didn't render out, so that shot might not make much sense)

Animation is here! It's only 1:24 up to now

Any advice or critique would be really helpful! And like the Facebook page if you're interested to see more :)

One more thing, does anybody have advice for getting the project out there before the release? We're going to release it on Newgrounds and Youtube, but until then the audience is pretty sparse, we'd love to try and reach more people who may be interested in the project.

Thanks!

Jack

You already did a great job on the first minute! i'm really interested in what the finished film will look like.
because you asked for tipps: add some weight (i.e. up-and-down movement) to the run towards the camera for both the monster and the girl. you should REALLY think about another voice for the monster!
and maybe consider to change the colour of the "special" eye a little, because it doesn't look very different from the "normal" one. or the other way around, change the normal eye