00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xo1029392 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

depression

1,833 Views | 24 Replies

depression 2015-04-04 17:03:18

Do you have depression?

I guess to get this topic started I need to talk about myself. I don't have depression, in the generic sense that I have a chemical imbalance. In fact I have the OPPOSITE of depression, I am always ecstatic, until I get tired/hungry/frustrated because tired/hungry.

But life is very stressful and I find people around you, think of you as a tool to their means and sometimes treat you as such. It's a little bit degrading, on top of a world of pain that has been procured over a life time. The word is "trauma" or going through pain and suffering of some kind.

Why is there pain and suffering? and why is there such depravement? out of place? the feeling of coldness? emptyness? fakeness? jaded?

why? because human. It's frustrating, being alive. Looking for some sort of peace, but finding none and then snapping a little. You want respect, you think you deserve respect because you're alive. You're trying to exist and in the process you're getting in another person's way of living to a higher degree than you.

Then what?

Is that depression? where you feel small/useless/out of place/coupled with trauma? You feel like trash. Like garbage. Like nobody wants you, and you have nothing to live for because a) you can't afford to live and b) there is no unity amongst the hordes of poverty and trauma.

what you say? why does all your base belong to them?

depression

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to depression 2015-04-04 17:20:06

the only solution for you is unloading a revolver on your head or your genitals.

ゴ ゴ ゴ The sig emmits a menacing aura... ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ

BBS Signature

Response to depression 2015-04-04 17:27:45

Depression runs in the family but I don't think I genuinely suffer from it, although I have my bad days like everyone else.

However, while we're on the subject, I don't fucking agree with ever telling anybody to "just cheer up" or "get over it", that's a good way to get a depressed person to try hurting themselves.

Anybody who just read that paragraph and said "good" can also fuck themselves.

In short fuck you
jk

Response to depression 2015-04-04 17:34:41

It's literally oozing off you people, when I come here I can feel it slithering right past me, trying to enter my bodily orifices.

So don't get mad at me, not my fault idiots.

Response to depression 2015-04-04 17:34:52

I am so far in depression that it's even difficult for me to remember the good times I've had.
I'm also just really ashamed of myself, of who I am

BBS Signature

Response to depression 2015-04-04 17:39:57

At 4/4/15 05:34 PM, FaroutFrank wrote: It's literally oozing off you people, when I come here I can feel it slithering right past me, trying to enter my bodily orifices.

That's like the plot to a hentai I saw once

Response to depression 2015-04-04 17:41:09

I've been in an okay mood lately, but it's only a matter of time before I get depressed as fuck again.

BBS Signature

Response to depression 2015-04-04 17:42:48

At 4/4/15 05:03 PM, swaenK wrote: Do you have depression?

Sometimes.

But then a dose of Japanese Fisherman.swf fixes my shit right up.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to depression 2015-04-04 19:34:18

At 4/4/15 07:20 PM, Piggler wrote: I'm currently on two different medications and have a small kitten sleeping on me.

I don't feel as depressed as I did last year.

I tried anti-depressants. Did not like, will not take again. Zero on my list of things I ever want to take.

My friend purged and did mushrooms, then took anti depressants after the trip and apparently THIS IS VERY BAD. He had a very bad time. He's dead now... suicide/murder thing.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to depression 2015-04-04 19:36:48

At 4/4/15 07:34 PM, swaenK wrote: He's dead now... suicide/murder thing.

Sketchy...

Response to depression 2015-04-04 19:42:35

What you're describing exists because people are only able to see from their own perspective, but have to coexist in a planet with billions of others. The natural response to seeing and hearing things from one body is that you give your own self more importance than others, but this creates a problem when each individual is a staggering minority. It also kind of sucks when you think about how frail our own mortal body is - in addition to the ideological struggles we go through over a lifetime, a slew of various health concerns will continue to pile up as you age until they take your life.

Another part of it is that society has created a framework of morality and expectations to the point where people are constantly judging each other and themselves relative to some kind of ideal behavior or lifestyle. Because an ideal specifically exists to contrast itself with reality, it creates dissatisfaction when that ideal is not achieved. Whether on a personal or societal level, this creates a carrot-on-a-stick scenario and leads to depression.

I think that sums up virtually all of the reasons that someone would be depressed.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to depression 2015-04-04 20:28:06

life is hell imho

Response to depression 2015-04-04 20:28:49

the whole dopamine sertonin neurotransmitter behind depression thing is a scam. Eat right and excercise and youll feel fine. Stop usin alcohol its a depressant!

Response to depression 2015-04-04 20:30:54

Only emos are depressed and can't control feelings. Emos are the worst.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to depression 2015-04-04 21:06:38

I'm not depressed but like fuck life you knowbro

BBS Signature

Response to depression 2015-04-04 22:03:17

At 4/4/15 08:20 PM, NotASpammer wrote: You can't only be depressed sometimes, depression is an actual medical condition. There is a difference between having a bad day and actually being depressed.

Not all medical conditions are chronic.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to depression 2015-04-04 22:08:19

I dunno.
That shit keeps getting misdiagnosed.

Response to depression 2015-04-05 02:18:00

Yeah I am depressed but I also have a lot to be thankful for and have potential opportunities in the future, so things are better now then they were last year... But yeah the past couple years I've been seriously distant from everything even my own stories and art. That didn't make things any better, so I'm just trying to embrace myself and my creativity as a means of escaping but depression kind of makes you not want to try sometimes.

Response to depression 2015-04-05 02:59:30

At 4/5/15 02:06 AM, NotASpammer wrote:
At 4/4/15 10:03 PM, YomToxic wrote:
At 4/4/15 08:20 PM, NotASpammer wrote: You can't only be depressed sometimes, depression is an actual medical condition. There is a difference between having a bad day and actually being depressed.
Not all medical conditions are chronic.
Yeah, but Depression is. It is something that can only be cured by medication.

Depression can vary day-by-day drastically. You can feel fine one day and then awful the next.

And medication is not the only way to manage depression.

Response to depression 2015-04-05 07:28:50

I've managed my depression with alcohol and painkillers but it's still tough.

BBS Signature

Response to depression 2015-04-05 07:59:43

At 4/5/15 07:28 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote: alcohol and painkillers

When you disappeared from the BBS for a while I started thinking that shit might've gotten you.

Response to depression 2015-04-05 08:03:43

At 4/5/15 07:59 AM, ThePulp wrote:
When you disappeared from the BBS for a while I started thinking that shit might've gotten you.

I disappeared because of 80+ hour weeks of work and school. That's over and now I'm only taking 4 credits this quarter. Trying to take a break.

BBS Signature

Response to depression 2015-04-05 08:07:06

At 4/5/15 08:03 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote:
At 4/5/15 07:59 AM, ThePulp wrote:
I disappeared because of 80+ hour weeks of work and school.

That shit kills, too.

Response to depression 2015-04-05 08:12:09 (edited 2015-04-05 08:20:49)

Maybe we should expect a little less from life.

A person's life can be totally devoid of happiness, hope and peace. As the world keeps turning, you really might become that person for any horrible chance life always has for you. I don't think I'm being pessimistic but being realistic. We humans are animals after all and as animals we are here to survive, the rest is just an uncertain bonus. Of course we should strike for that bonus but we can't expect it to be a must, it will cause us disappointments sooner or later because the world isn't there to please us and the future is uncertain often in a negative way to an individual on what he holds dear of. Even if you have so little, that little can become nothing tomorrow, so it's up to you to treasure that little you are already having or not. Sure thinking like this won't cure depression but if we don't live with it then there is no other way around than "just die" and I think most of us here have already decided to live with it, though sometime we feel the need to let it out a little.

I also don't think committing suicide is a bad choice if you are too much in pain. Although I don't like the idea of my parents or anyone who is important to me leaving me here for the rest of my life but it was also my fault that I didn't notice their pain, that I wasn't able to support and protect my loved ones. I let them walk in misery and loneliness and so I will have to bear the punishment of my own.

I will really hate myself for telling anyone to keep on living despite how much pain they are in but I also don't have that much confident to tell anyone to die. I'm so clueless of your pains and I also expect none of you to understand mine. How great if we can get over our unknowing of others' pains. Luckily that we still have empathy though sometime it's a little bit hard to make it work.

Say, can it be like being suffer together is a step toward being happy together? May the road is so damn long that it spans to the next life and the next of the next life and the next next next whatever or maybe eternity. Then I look forward to my death and in its eternity of nothingness, I will wait for the day when every single one of us can have our happiness all together. But for now let me sink a little bit in my depression, after all it's not anyone's choice.

By the way, speaking of people who tell you to just get over your depression. There are some people who are just arrogance but there are also people who had to go through so much themselves that they become stoic and hard on others. My mother always told me to just try and get over my hardship yet she decided to leave this world before me. Had I know how much pain she went through and still managed to care and look after me, things must have became a lot better for both of us. At least she didn't enter random websites on the Internet and told people who try to express their feelings to shut it up. As much as you want people to understand and feel for your pains, you also have to try doing the same for others. May they say something you don't want to hear after you say something they don't want to hear, in deep of you might all lie lots of pains. Yes, if you tell me to just get over my depression, it would hurt me but again if I have to hear you talk about your depression which I can't relate to, that might hurt me too. Like the depression of modern young people from rich countries can become very alien to a poor person who had to went through starvation with his family. You speak about your depression to him and it will pretty much make him feel alienated and painful on how unfair life is (of course that unfairness is relative and just a personal view of his). I'm not trying to compare different problems of different people and reduce the seriousness of some problems, I just mean that the person who told you to get over your depression can pretty much have had to bear his depression himself, even if he doesn't look like that.

Life is irony and so probability. The probability for some of you ever reach what you seek in life is very small so for today please love yourself a little more because tomorrow may you will have to kill yourself. Today I love you too as we are both humans who seek to love and to be loved.

Response to depression 2015-04-06 13:06:49 (edited 2015-04-06 13:07:09)

I'm always depressed, but then again I'm a complete nihilist.
I have anxiety as well, so I'm not sure what leads to what.

At the end of the day, it comes down to how you deal with it, and eventually you overcome it.

Smoke Weed

BBS Signature