00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What Influences You To Believe.....

3,726 Views | 41 Replies

At 4/4/15 03:30 AM, Chocomilk wrote: Actually, the writers of Lucy aren't scientists, nice try though

I watched that movie and some of the facts were off. It also didn't make sense how a drug made that work. In real life, to access more than 10%, you have to at least look for the knowledge of that.

Do certain specific things to make it work. Of course in life, we are still looking for answers to that. The ending especially was weird.

At 4/4/15 03:41 AM, 24901miles wrote: Thanks for quoting that. I has no idea this guy was writing that sort of trash. He probably knows it's untrue anyway so there's no reason to talk about it.

I wasn't referring to that movie. I actually read it in an article.

I should probably start reading threads before I post in them.

If you read my thread at the beginning, I was not making any reference towards a movie or 10% brain use. It was just what influences you to believe or disbelieve in magic and some other questions.

In reality, we can only quote magic as unexplained science.

At 4/4/15 03:39 AM, ThePulp wrote: I hate how these myths propagate and thrive.

I hate how people take into assumption this is my reference.

Response to What Influences You To Believe..... 2015-04-04 10:43:19

At 4/2/15 08:00 PM, Master-Awesome wrote: magic isn't real?

Anything proven to be real is science and therefore not magic.

aliens isn't real?

They probably are, I just don't believe we've ever made contact with them.

our life is very real?

I'm living it.

there is nothing beyond where we are right now?

I know enough about space not to believe it.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to What Influences You To Believe..... 2015-04-05 13:26:48

One video I watched which were things I'd usually think of, but not say, it really opened my mind. It said that we should not rely on others and believe fully on what they say. We need to believe more in ourselves.

Response to What Influences You To Believe..... 2015-04-05 15:03:32

At 4/4/15 03:30 AM, Chocomilk wrote: Actually, the writers of Lucy aren't scientists, nice try though

From what I've heard, the writers of the film were actually aware that this was just an urban legend. They just wanted to make a movie. There's movies where unicorns are real, it doesn't mean anything.

The ten percent brain myth has been debunked by Wikipedia, Snopes, Mythbusters, and TVTropes. It AIN'T TRUE.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to What Influences You To Believe..... 2015-04-05 15:06:35

At 4/5/15 03:03 PM, Ericho wrote: The ten percent brain myth has been debunked by Wikipedia, Snopes, Mythbusters, and TVTropes. It AIN'T TRUE.

Well we aren't geniuses and we can't truly know everything. One thing I do know 100% is that the movie Lucy was way off. The research was also bad.

Response to What Influences You To Believe..... 2015-04-05 21:29:40

At 4/4/15 10:30 AM, Master-Awesome wrote:
At 4/4/15 03:39 AM, ThePulp wrote: I hate how these myths propagate and thrive.
I hate how people take into assumption this is my reference.

What are you even trying to say?

Response to What Influences You To Believe..... 2015-04-05 23:48:53

At 4/5/15 10:00 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Shit post with 3 pages long. Not bad.

I've seen shit like this reach 8 pages.

Response to What Influences You To Believe..... 2015-04-06 10:39:03

At 4/5/15 09:29 PM, ThePulp wrote: What are you even trying to say?

You were comparing me to that movie Lucy, so I was upset you even thought that was my reference.

Response to What Influences You To Believe..... 2015-04-06 16:31:11

At 4/6/15 03:28 PM, Blakk-Katt wrote: How, In the holy fucking hell....... Can you say that? We havn't even explored the entirety of the oceans on our own fucking planet.. Wikipedia is a bunch of bullshit, As is everything else, Your all just scared that you might not be able to do things other people can with your mind.....

I can tell you why, because he doesn't believe in himself. He only believes in what others say. I know there is more though and experienced more.

Response to What Influences You To Believe..... 2015-04-06 22:19:46

i think where living in a hologram within a hologram and we cant even perceive the whole illusion! science def cant figure it all out

C C

the trolls king of kings

BBS Signature

Response to What Influences You To Believe..... 2015-04-07 18:23:56

At 4/6/15 10:39 AM, Master-Awesome wrote:
At 4/5/15 09:29 PM, ThePulp wrote: What are you even trying to say?
You were comparing me to that movie Lucy, so I was upset you even thought that was my reference.

The 10% of the brain myth has been around for quite some time, son.

Response to What Influences You To Believe..... 2015-04-08 21:37:46

At 4/6/15 09:39 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: have you tested your hypothesis in a formalized manner at least? it's fine not to use data from books or websites or any other human words for that matter..

True.

but it's crucial to provide backing..

Exactly.

i mean, yeah, i know there's more but.. we cant prove that point unless we work on their grounds..

I proved it to myself. I broke through their grounds. I'm on new grounds now (which goes well with the site name as well).

There is also a lot I'm not saying because I want people to have an opinion. You don't have to be concerned about it though.