00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zachattack92 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Following and Friending

370 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Following and Friending 2015-04-02 11:22:02

So, what exactly is the difference between following someone, and being on their friends list? As far as the feed is concerned it doesn't really have an obvious difference to me...

BBS Signature

Response to Following and Friending 2015-04-02 13:44:03

At 4/2/15 11:22 AM, injexen wrote: So, what exactly is the difference between following someone, and being on their friends list? As far as the feed is concerned it doesn't really have an obvious difference to me...

Friending is mutual, following is not. As for the feed...

It really drives me nuts sometimes. I have completely different motivations for following and friending people, and I don't want them conflated in my feed. I friend people for their persons, I follow people for the content they put out. And as it happens, some of my friends put out really shit content that buries all the awesome stuff from my favourites. And that's why I'd prefer to have friends and favourites separated.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Following and Friending 2015-04-02 14:15:34

I don't think there's that much of a difference to be honest.
Favouriting someone makes it public so people can see who your favourites are and having someone as a friend is more private.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Following and Friending 2015-04-03 03:56:58

At 4/2/15 01:44 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote: It really drives me nuts sometimes. I have completely different motivations for following and friending people, and I don't want them conflated in my feed. I friend people for their persons, I follow people for the content they put out. And as it happens, some of my friends put out really shit content that buries all the awesome stuff from my favourites.

Have you tried turning off the events for friends that you don't want to see? E.g. 'Ignore new art from @TomFulp'?

Response to Following and Friending 2015-04-03 08:30:00

At 4/3/15 03:56 AM, liljim wrote:
At 4/2/15 01:44 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote: It really drives me nuts sometimes. I have completely different motivations for following and friending people, and I don't want them conflated in my feed. I friend people for their persons, I follow people for the content they put out. And as it happens, some of my friends put out really shit content that buries all the awesome stuff from my favourites.
Have you tried turning off the events for friends that you don't want to see? E.g. 'Ignore new art from @TomFulp'?

Not only are you offering excellent information, but I totally understand why you would chose to ignore all art submissions from @TomFulp!

BBS Signature

Response to Following and Friending 2015-04-03 09:19:30

At 4/3/15 03:56 AM, liljim wrote: Have you tried turning off the events for friends that you don't want to see? E.g. 'Ignore new art from @TomFulp'?

I hate my lazy ass sometimes. Thanks for the hint!

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature