00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Russia proposes superhighway

2,490 Views | 38 Replies

Russia's head secretary of the highway system recently proposed connecting the Bering Straight between the US and Russia. Additionally, if US funds a highway running through Nome and Fairbanks*, we'd effectively have a road system in which you could drive from New York City to London.

http://inhabitat.com/russia-has-ambitious-plans-to-build-a-superhighway-to-alaska/

I think originally they want a rail system and then develop the road.

What do you think?

All I know, if this happens in my lifetime, I'll be roadtripping the cocksucker.

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 15:08:06

That is genius, the russians could now slowly take over the world by just moving their military closer and closer to the borders and then saying how there is nothing to worry about, we just make you our own now.

BBS Signature

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 15:14:03

Yay! Now if we have another Cold War, Russia can directly invade us!

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 15:14:54

At 3/28/15 03:08 PM, Gremlin wrote: That is genius, the russians could now slowly take over the world by just moving their military closer and closer to the borders and then saying how there is nothing to worry about, we just make you our own now.

At least the Russian military is at its own borders (although they sometimes temporarily forget where exactly they lie). The American military is in my backyard, and there's an ocean between the US and me.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 15:57:42

theres no way russia could use 1 singular highway to invade the u.s, you could just blow it between the u.s and russia.

and also that'd be really cool to see something like that built.

BBS Signature

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 16:07:08

At 3/28/15 03:14 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote: At least the Russian military is at its own borders (although they sometimes temporarily forget where exactly they lie). The American military is in my backyard, and there's an ocean between the US and me.

Well yeah, but all they do is leech the oil from your ground, russians just do it for shits n' giggles and leave everything the way it was, only more shitty. No wonder they're all so fucking aggressive, they don't have nice stuff and everything they take, turns into shit.

Huehuehuehue

BBS Signature

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 16:16:55

At 3/28/15 04:05 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 3/28/15 03:14 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Yay! Now if we have another Cold War, Russia can directly invade us!
I doubt they could move their entire army across a single highway. We would demolish the highway before they even get a single soldier on our soil.

I'd like to think we've both advanced enough as countries to not start another war of any variety.

lol jk

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 16:20:39

At 3/28/15 04:18 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Unfortunately, we'll never learn from our past mistakes. History will repeat itself.

Vladimir Putin seems like an intellectual gentlemen.

Seeing as though he will be "president" until he dies, I'm sure he'll keep a healthy relationship with the US

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 17:01:55

I wonder how cheap it would be to take the Greyhound all the way to London...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 17:04:41

At 3/28/15 05:01 PM, Painbringer wrote: I wonder how cheap it would be to take the Greyhound all the way to London...

"Cheap"

I think how expensive would be more accurate.

Just get a 1980 Civic and head out there.

Make sure you change the oil every 4000 miles or so.

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 17:11:34

At 3/28/15 05:04 PM, BanditWoolyBear wrote: "Cheap"

I think how expensive would be more accurate.

Just get a 1980 Civic and head out there.

Make sure you change the oil every 4000 miles or so.

Trust me, taking the bus long distance is the cheapest form of travel there is.

As for driving yourself there, the fuel costs alone would make it more expensive than air travel - Never mind hotels and whatnot.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 17:49:39

At 3/28/15 05:09 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: i guess having just one thread about this on the first page wasn't enough

--supergandhi64

You're god damn right you little faggot

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 18:46:16

This is gonna sound hella dumb, but I read a headline saying that without reading the whole article and I thought they wanted to build a superhighway from NYC to LDN over the Atlantic Ocean...

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 18:47:49

Imagine how many days that trip would take, and how much money you need to spend on gas...

BBS Signature

At 3/28/15 06:46 PM, CiviLies wrote: This is gonna sound hella dumb, but I read a headline saying that without reading the whole article and I thought they wanted to build a superhighway from NYC to LDN over the Atlantic Ocean...

i vote for it.... but it seems like some terrorists could easily make some pretty good damage. Thinking how long it must take to drive, and what if the gas suddently stops? Although i assume they will have gas stations on the bridge :P

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 18:53:38

Wow, OP. It's like you can't even operate a search bar.

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 19:09:18

At 3/28/15 06:49 PM, Cordyceps wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1387260/1

funny how this thread is somehow more popular though

Because I made a clear, concise title that made sense

no offense miles

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 19:28:10

You ripped off my homeboy Miles you shit butt.

BBS Signature

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 19:29:48

At 3/28/15 07:28 PM, killerjeff wrote: You ripped off my homeboy Miles you shit butt.

Doubt it

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 20:29:09

Go for it Russia. There should be highways leading everywhere.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 22:26:27

As I have stated before this is a conspiracy proposed by the communist Russia to invade and corrupt another communities pure doctrine

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 22:28:16

At 3/28/15 10:26 PM, RiverofBloodyTears2 wrote: As I have stated before this is a conspiracy proposed by the communist Russia to invade and corrupt another communities pure doctrine

Get off your stoned pegasus

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-28 22:49:57

At 3/28/15 03:14 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Yay! Now if we have another Cold War, Russia can directly invade us!

Bullshit.

All you have to do is break the fucking bridge-- and besides... why would they need to cross the bridge?

Another Cold War means there's no shooting-- just stagnant belligerents because of Mutually Assured Destruction and nuclear involvement.

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-29 05:47:42

At 3/28/15 04:07 PM, Gremlin wrote:
At 3/28/15 03:14 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote: At least the Russian military is at its own borders (although they sometimes temporarily forget where exactly they lie). The American military is in my backyard, and there's an ocean between the US and me.
Well yeah, but all they do is leech the oil from your ground, russians just do it for shits n' giggles and leave everything the way it was, only more shitty. No wonder they're all so fucking aggressive, they don't have nice stuff and everything they take, turns into shit.
Huehuehuehue

If there was oil in my ground, I'd be stinking rich by now. The Americans are just here for shits 'n giggles. They can't honestly claim that we still pose a threat to them, given how long we've been sucking their cock. The Russians might leave devastation behind them, but the Americans don't even leave. I don't know which is worse.

But I guess after enough bottles of vodka, you do it more for the show than for anything else.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-29 06:02:19

At 3/29/15 05:47 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: but the Americans don't even leave.

Those bastards

BBS Signature

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-29 06:08:32

At 3/29/15 06:02 AM, Gremlin wrote:
At 3/29/15 05:47 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: but the Americans don't even leave.
Those bastards

We're all of Europe's illegitimate children, come back home to play Hans Christian Anderson. And you guys are Charles Dickens.

look them up, and laugh especially at Hans Christian Anderson who kept details of his fapping habits.

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-29 06:15:45

At 3/28/15 10:49 PM, NGPulp wrote: Another Cold War means there's no shooting-- just stagnant belligerents because of Mutually Assured Destruction and nuclear involvement.

Was the Cold War ever really over? The stagnant belligerents never seemed to go away.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-29 06:36:16

At 3/29/15 06:08 AM, someaveragechap wrote:
look them up, and laugh especially at Hans Christian Anderson who kept details of his fapping habits.

He was an inspiration to us all, there is nothing laugh worthy about it my friend

BBS Signature

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-29 06:44:33

At 3/29/15 06:15 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote:
At 3/28/15 10:49 PM, NGPulp wrote: Another Cold War means there's no shooting-- just stagnant belligerents because of Mutually Assured Destruction and nuclear involvement.
Was the Cold War ever really over? The stagnant belligerents never seemed to go away.

They signed a treaty, I think.
Not all wars have to end due to countries involved dissipating, defeated.

The Soviet Union dissolved into Russia, by the end, though.

Response to Russia proposes superhighway 2015-03-29 06:55:32

At 3/29/15 06:44 AM, NGPulp wrote: They signed a treaty, I think.
Not all wars have to end due to countries involved dissipating, defeated.

The Soviet Union dissolved into Russia, by the end, though.

A war in the traditional sense is over when there's no more fighting going on. Now, the Cold War wasn't really a "war" in the traditional sense, since it was more about fearmongering than about fighting. That fearmongering still exists to this day, on both sides. Why else would I have a US military base in my backyard? As long as that one remains there, I refuse to call the Cold War over.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature