00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Senator to make church mandatory

616 Views | 11 Replies

Senator to make church mandatory 2015-03-27 14:56:39

Some old bitch wants to make church mandatory

Seriously? I mean seriously? what if I'm jewish or athiest or something? Ugh whatever lets rant about it here.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Senator to make church mandatory 2015-03-27 15:07:35

I'd have no problem with going to church every Sunday if it meant having my own bottle of sacramental wine.

BBS Signature

Response to Senator to make church mandatory 2015-03-27 15:08:24

Well to be fair, it's just a state senator. They often get away with stupid shit like this because their office gets so little attention during elections and in the end have little impact. I mean you think this is bad? Try state senators threatening police officers who pulled them over for drunk driving with lowering their pensions, or State Senators saying they should lift the ban on midget throwing.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Senator to make church mandatory 2015-03-27 20:44:18

This is nothing more than empty rhetoric by her, and chances are that she's either a lame-duck politician finishing out her term, or desperately starving for attention in the Arizona Senate. There is no way that something like this would ever be supported by anyone aside from the hardcore Evangelical crowds, and even then they're going to have serious second thoughts about supporting something like that.

Plus, there is a little thing called "freedom of religion", that alone means that's she is trolling.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Senator to make church mandatory 2015-03-28 09:16:25

At 3/27/15 05:51 PM, SentForMe wrote:
At 3/27/15 02:56 PM, Wegra wrote: Some old bitch wants to make church mandatory

Seriously? I mean seriously? what if I'm jewish or athiest or something? Ugh whatever lets rant about it here.
Haha...oh shit, she's serious.

She's President Pro Tempore in the Arizona Senata and Senator for the 6th District.

A gas all those heathens in nearby Phoenix are really grinding her gears.

A politician talking about society needing a moral rebirth, a politician? Not exactly high on the list of moral professions, is it? Then again, hypocrisy is nothing new in politics.

Apparently she's never read the Constitution either....

As it Violates the Wall of Separation between State & Religion, to making people going to church mandatory by just state law alone will be tossed out by a federal judge thus ruled out unconstitutional.

Response to Senator to make church mandatory 2015-03-28 12:01:26

At 3/27/15 09:45 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Considering the context, I think it's tongue in cheek. Sometimes, during the debate on healthcare, people will retort with, "Hey if we're making health coverage mandatory, why not make gun ownership mandatory also?" and so this is probably an extension of this debate, since they are debating gun laws.

Except she clarified her comments the next day by confirming she was being serious.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Senator to make church mandatory 2015-03-28 17:58:12

It will never pass due to it being unconstitutional.

BBS Signature

Response to Senator to make church mandatory 2015-03-28 18:31:17

At 3/28/15 05:58 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: It will never pass due to it being unconstitutional.

Well, of course. That's not the issue though.

The problem with this isn't that it may be passed, it's that someone in a position in the government actually holds this opinion. How bad have our morals decayed for someone to think they can espouse this?

Response to Senator to make church mandatory 2015-03-28 19:11:44

At 3/28/15 06:31 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 3/28/15 05:58 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: It will never pass due to it being unconstitutional.
Well, of course. That's not the issue though.

The problem with this isn't that it may be passed, it's that someone in a position in the government actually holds this opinion. How bad have our morals decayed for someone to think they can espouse this?

Everyone should be entitled to their own opinions IMHO as long as it does not interfere with other peoples lives in a negative way. Forcing ones opinions down another throat is wrong and why it is not allowed according to constitutional mandates.

BBS Signature

Response to Senator to make church mandatory 2015-03-28 21:00:53

At 3/28/15 07:11 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Everyone should be entitled to their own opinions IMHO as long as it does not interfere with other peoples lives in a negative way. Forcing ones opinions down another throat is wrong and why it is not allowed according to constitutional mandates.

While I despise the opinion, I don't mind that she has it. What I mind is that a public official with power over people not only holds this opinion but public espouses it. This opinion in a regular person is just an opinion. This opinion in a public official represents a danger to our free society. I find it more sad that she made it where she did, than her opinion itself.

Response to Senator to make church mandatory 2015-03-28 21:12:31

At 3/28/15 09:00 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 3/28/15 07:11 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Everyone should be entitled to their own opinions IMHO as long as it does not interfere with other peoples lives in a negative way. Forcing ones opinions down another throat is wrong and why it is not allowed according to constitutional mandates.
While I despise the opinion, I don't mind that she has it. What I mind is that a public official with power over people not only holds this opinion but public espouses it. This opinion in a regular person is just an opinion. This opinion in a public official represents a danger to our free society. I find it more sad that she made it where she did, than her opinion itself.

We don't have to worry a bit because her opinion is unconstitutional, Absurd, Fucked up, Insane ... etc and will never ever pass according to the four father mandates. I agree that the stupid bitch should have held her dam mouth shut. Ones Personal choice for the religion they adhere to or not it a personal choice and freedom and will remain that way. If this were to pass I will have lost all faith in humanity.

BBS Signature

Response to Senator to make church mandatory 2015-03-28 21:23:07

At 3/28/15 09:20 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Yay beanlifter is back!

I never left LOL. I am always here watching and waiting.

BBS Signature