00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Art

3,145 Views | 45 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My Art 2015-03-25 16:36:36

Here's were I've come to demonstrate my art and I hope you all will enjoy. let's start with armie selfie in front of motor pool.

My Art

Response to My Art 2015-03-26 00:06:58

At 3/25/15 04:36 PM, bro1 wrote: Here's were I've come to demonstrate my art and I hope you all will enjoy. let's start with armie selfie in front of motor pool.

Nice Selfie.

The remains of the Madness Combat community may only continue to dream on.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art 2015-03-26 00:32:39

At 3/25/15 04:36 PM, bro1 wrote: Here's were I've come to demonstrate my art and I hope you all will enjoy. let's start with armie selfie in front of motor pool.

How is that "your art"?

Response to My Art 2015-03-26 14:52:41

At 3/26/15 12:32 AM, Tofelium wrote:
How is that "your art"?

I created it.

Response to My Art 2015-03-26 14:53:01

At 3/26/15 12:06 AM, MrSharpSword wrote:
Nice Selfie.

Thank you.

Response to My Art 2015-03-26 16:33:47

At 3/25/15 04:36 PM, bro1 wrote:
I created it.

But you didn't. This is a screen grab of roblox. You didn't code it or anything. You just bought an outfit for your character and did a screen grab of it.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to My Art 2015-03-26 18:20:26

At 3/26/15 04:33 PM, Mrccbirdguy wrote:
At 3/25/15 04:36 PM, bro1 wrote:
I created it.
But you didn't. This is a screen grab of roblox. You didn't code it or anything. You just bought an outfit for your character and did a screen grab of it.

But, i did do it in a place I created so therefore I did create it.

Response to My Art 2015-03-26 19:15:53

At 3/26/15 06:20 PM, bro1 wrote: stuff

Listen man, Newground's definition of art is traditional, you may have put the work in to make something in that game but you won't get any appreciation here, the stuff we look for is drawings, sculptures, metal working, you know, stuff like that, we can't accept anything like this, It's nothing personal it's just not our thing.

Response to My Art 2015-03-26 20:02:54

Look amigo, there's two ways you can go about this. You can be the good guy, admit that "rules are rules and that's cool" and come up with your own real deal content with good effort, get noticed and be liked on here... or you can be the wannabe exception to the rule who keeps saying "Yeah, but..." and get overall disliked by the community.

I mean, Wow us. Really put in an effort with your artwork.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art 2015-03-27 13:40:19

At 3/26/15 08:02 PM, Mrccbirdguy wrote: Look amigo, there's two ways you can go about this. You can be the good guy, admit that "rules are rules and that's cool" and come up with your own real deal content with good effort, get noticed and be liked on here... or you can be the wannabe exception to the rule who keeps saying "Yeah, but..." and get overall disliked by the community.

I mean, Wow us. Really put in an effort with your artwork.

Do not make me angry because infuriating me is a bad idea. Even if you think your warding me from the paths of evil your actually putting yourself in the way of danger.

Response to My Art 2015-03-27 14:07:15

alright, ill accept that its art because you as the creator say it is. but its still bad, and you should feel bad.

dont wake the dragon tho. he might yell at you.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to My Art 2015-03-27 14:16:21

At 3/27/15 02:07 PM, Template88 wrote: alright, ill accept that its art because you as the creator say it is. but its still bad, and you should feel bad.

dont wake the dragon tho. he might yell at you.

Who says I'm not the dragon.

Response to My Art 2015-03-27 15:31:39

At 3/27/15 01:40 PM, bro1 wrote:
Do not make me angry because infuriating me is a bad idea. Even if you think your warding me from the paths of evil your actually putting yourself in the way of danger.

Well, Now I know which group you belong in.
I don't know what's more pathetic, that you think you intimidate me or that you think you are intimidating.
If this is how you're going to treat people that want to help you, Might I suggest leaving the site and coming back in a few years when you aren't such an asshole?

BBS Signature

Response to My Art 2015-03-27 15:37:55

At 3/26/15 07:15 PM, M-Maher wrote:
At 3/26/15 06:20 PM, bro1 wrote: stuff
Listen man, Newground's definition of art is traditional, you may have put the work in to make something in that game but you won't get any appreciation here, the stuff we look for is drawings, sculptures, metal working, you know, stuff like that, we can't accept anything like this, It's nothing personal it's just not our t

So your saying that if i want to try something new it would be impossible. Well, then, I guess I have nothing to give to this site.

Response to My Art 2015-03-27 15:43:56

So your saying that if i want to try something new it would be impossible. Well, then, I guess I have nothing to give to this site.

What part of what he said that you shouldn't try new stuff?

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to My Art 2015-03-27 15:47:02

At 3/27/15 03:43 PM, 123mine123 wrote:
What part of what he said that you shouldn't try new stuff?

When they flat-out said that they wouldn't respect my new methods.

Response to My Art 2015-03-27 15:54:10

At 3/27/15 03:47 PM, bro1 wrote:

When they flat-out said that they wouldn't respect my new methods.

What new methods??? You took a screenshot from Roblox! Here, I can do the same thing!
Look how artistic I am!

My Art

BBS Signature

Response to My Art 2015-03-27 15:57:37 (edited 2015-03-27 16:06:12)

At 3/27/15 03:47 PM, bro1 wrote: When they flat-out said that they wouldn't respect my new methods.

Dude. Okay.

Let's say you're in an art class. This art class gave you a task to create a house in any medium.
One student did it using clay. One used popsicle sticks and tape. Some drew.
But then this one guy used Minecraft and did it there using dirt and wood blocks.

Now, do you think the teacher will accept that guy's stick figure using Minecraft?
No! It's not part of what the school's definition of art is.
Yes, technically it means anything that expresses creativity. But we accept the more specific definition of art that is visual arts.

Also, it's in the Newgrounds rules.

My Art

Response to My Art 2015-03-27 18:07:02 (edited 2015-03-27 18:08:57)

At 3/27/15 03:37 PM, bro1 wrote: stuff.

think what you wanna think man, try reddit if you want to find the right kind of audience, plenty of autism over there, you'll fit right in.

Response to My Art 2015-03-27 19:35:26

At 3/27/15 03:57 PM, 123mine123 wrote:
At 3/27/15 03:47 PM, bro1 wrote: When they flat-out said that they wouldn't respect my new methods.
Dude. Okay.

Let's say you're in an art class. This art class gave you a task to create a house in any medium.
But then this one guy used Minecraft and did it there using dirt and wood blocks.

Now, do you think the teacher will accept that guy's stick figure using Minecraft?
Yes, technically it means anything that expresses creativity. But we accept the more specific definition of art that is visual arts.

I created that scene so therefore it is MINE. plus in school a friend of mine is creating a minecraft island village for a book report about an island filled with castaways in reading. So do you understand my point.

Response to My Art 2015-03-27 19:45:30

At 3/27/15 07:35 PM, bro1 wrote: plus in school a friend of mine is creating a minecraft island village for a book report about an island filled with castaways in reading.

yeah I'm sure that'll get him the grade he wants, fucking minecraft, yeah the literary schoalars used to play it after a long day of chronicling the black plague, truly a game for academics to express themselves, fuck quills they used 360 pads to write and lived completely on a diet of mountain dew and Doritos, as foretold in the book of '13 year old fuckwit who thinks roblox is a legitimate medium for art'

My Art

Response to My Art 2015-03-28 05:01:54 (edited 2015-03-28 05:02:53)

At 3/27/15 07:35 PM, bro1 wrote:
Dude. Okay.

I created that scene so therefore it is MINE. plus in school a friend of mine is creating a minecraft island village for a book : report about an island filled with castaways in reading. So do you understand my point.

Tell me how it ends for him and maybe you will have a point.
As of right now, you have none.

You try to tell us "This totaly is art because I edited these assets myself and therefore its MEINS". It's on par with somebody making a collage of famous paintings, then claiming that it is HIS INTERLECTUAL PROPERTY.
It is YOURS, yes, YOUR editing job of preexisting assets cobbled together in a minecraft-esque game.

Don't get mad when people here disaprove of it. As mentioned before, some of us are traditional when it comes to art. You could have just taken it and left it at that, but you had to trow a hissy fit because people don't like your "art".

---------| You're welcome |----------

Response to My Art 2015-03-28 14:41:19

At 3/28/15 05:01 AM, BazookaBonsai wrote:
At 3/27/15 07:35 PM, bro1 wrote:
Dude. Okay.

I created that scene so therefore it is MINE. plus in school a friend of mine is creating a minecraft island village for a book : report about an island filled with castaways in reading. So do you understand my point.
Tell me how it ends for him and maybe you will have a point.
As of right now, you have none.

You try to tell us "This totaly is art because I edited these assets myself and therefore its MEINS". It's on par with somebody making a collage of famous paintings, then claiming that it is HIS INTERLECTUAL PROPERTY.
It is YOURS, yes, YOUR editing job of preexisting assets cobbled together in a minecraft-esque game.

Don't get mad when people here disaprove of it. As mentioned before, some of us are traditional when it comes to art. You could have just taken it and left it at that, but you had to trow a hissy fit because people don't like your "art".

For your information this mine craft like site happens to be called Roblox. And i only throw a so called hissy fit when people say it isn't art. When in reality it contains more art then you people tend to recognize. Plus it's not like a took "The Last Supper" and "School of Athens" put them right next to each other and said here is my art. Because THAT wouldn't be art.

Response to My Art 2015-03-28 14:43:09

At 3/27/15 11:31 PM, JojoDodo wrote: I've been trying to figure out wether you are trolling or not...then i realized i don't give a fuck. Even considering that as art...it is just not good. If you honestly (hmmmm...) want to improve you may want to study some composition...and perhaps find a forum that is a little bit more welcoming to this kind of take on art, idk...can't say i share your view, though.

Now that's a review I've been looking for. Honest and saying that it could count as art.

Response to My Art 2015-03-28 15:02:05

At 3/28/15 02:43 PM, bro1 wrote: Now that's a review I've been looking for. Honest and saying that it could count as art.

still ain't going to change the fact that you have no talent

Response to My Art 2015-03-28 17:18:28

where is the art you fucking assburger?

My Art

Response to My Art 2015-03-28 17:22:00

At 3/28/15 05:18 PM, EPsychiatrist wrote:
where is the art you fucking assburger?

I know at the current moment you people aren't accepting my methods, but I'm working on art that you people may approve of.

Response to My Art 2015-03-28 18:50:07

At 3/28/15 02:41 PM, bro1 wrote: For your information this mine craft like site happens to be called Roblox. And i only throw a so called hissy fit when people
say it isn't art. When in reality it contains more art then you people tend to recognize.

Even if we accept the premise that creating something within minecraft or roblox is art, don't you think there are more productive and less restrictive forms of art? Leaving my definition of art aside, creating something in minecraft or roblox is weak compared to painting, modeling, writing etc. You are heavily bound to the limitations of the engine you are working with when there is no good reason to restrict yourself like that. You time would be better spent learning traditional art or a craftsmanship rather than editing maps in roblox. You'd be better off learning how to create a game than creating an adventure map in minecraft.

Yes, you can create some impressive stuff within these games, but you can create infinitely more impressive things without them.

Plus it's not like a took "The Last Supper" and "School of Athens" put them right next to each other and said here is my
art. Because THAT wouldn't be art.

My point was about taking preexisting assets and cobbling them together as opposed to creating something from scratch.
Granted, it was worded poorly, since
collages totaly are art.

I'm working on art that you people may approve of.

If it is anything outside of a video game screenshot, your chances are good.

---------| You're welcome |----------

Response to My Art 2015-03-29 20:03:19

WOOOOOWWWWW

PIX3L_ASSASS1N

BBS Signature

Response to My Art 2015-03-30 03:05:03

At 3/28/15 02:41 PM, bro1 wrote: When in reality it contains more art then you people tend to recognize.

..wat?

Plus it's not like a took "The Last Supper" and "School of Athens" put them right next to each other and said here is my art. Because THAT wouldn't be art.

Oh you mean a collage art where you take pieces of other art and make it to something totally different..?
That would be awesome actually. I like collage art.