00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Free Berklee College of Music Class

3,824 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Free Berklee College of Music Class 2015-04-20 06:00:29

At 4/20/15 03:42 AM, SoundChris wrote: I really wanted to take part. Right now im lying in hospital with angina pectoris... So it could be that i will miss the start :(

Sorry to hear that :( Get well soon.

If you're interested just in learning, you can join later and the video lectures will be still up for watching and downloading, so, you can do that later. With the certificate might be a problem if you opt for it, because of the quizzes and exams.

Ooh, this is great! It looks interesting, so I'll give it a shot! Do I have a spot at the cool kids table?

(If nothing else, I'll at least have some real music education)

Oh, and does anyone know if FL Studio is a viable DAW for this course? If not, I'm gonna have to grab a different one before it starts.

BBS Signature

Response to Free Berklee College of Music Class 2015-04-21 16:40:49

At 4/20/15 11:05 PM, larrynachos wrote: Oh, and does anyone know if FL Studio is a viable DAW for this course? If not, I'm gonna have to grab a different one before it starts.

The class is DAW non-specific. FL Studio is a valid DAW.

Response to Free Berklee College of Music Class 2015-04-21 17:57:04

At 4/21/15 04:40 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 4/20/15 11:05 PM, larrynachos wrote: Oh, and does anyone know if FL Studio is a viable DAW for this course? If not, I'm gonna have to grab a different one before it starts.
The class is DAW non-specific. FL Studio is a valid DAW.

Yup, just saw it on the list. Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Free Berklee College of Music Class 2015-04-21 19:09:07

At 4/21/15 06:09 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Gone through 2/3 videos of the first lesson already. And I have to admit, there are so many things that I thought I knew, which turned out I know nothing at all. The lecture videos are very detailed and specific. This course is worth every moment I spend on it!

Yep, that was my reaction too when I first seen it.
Wait until you get to the assignments :D you know, you could make all on YouTube, get the grades, get some YT subscribers at the same time, and if your channel is monetized, make money too :D

Response to Free Berklee College of Music Class 2015-04-21 22:19:27

At 4/21/15 07:09 PM, sorohanro wrote: Yep, that was my reaction too when I first seen it.
Wait until you get to the assignments :D you know, you could make all on YouTube, get the grades, get some YT subscribers at the same time, and if your channel is monetized, make money too :D

So I'm a little confused with the assignments. Do we just basically teach one of the lessons via video?

BBS Signature

Response to Free Berklee College of Music Class 2015-04-22 04:08:12

At 4/21/15 10:19 PM, larrynachos wrote: So I'm a little confused with the assignments. Do we just basically teach one of the lessons via video?

Video or other way (make a PDF, photo slide show, text, audio...).

At 4/26/15 04:57 PM, dem0lecule wrote: How's the class, guys?

Lol, I'm terrible with online courses. I think a bunch of quizzes are due by tomorrow, and I'm behind (mainly because I'm still in high school and prepping for the ACT test)

I'm not sure how I feel about this guy's video lectures. At least there could be diagrams or a presentation or something. All he's really one so far is talk and use a slinky to represent amplitude (Like I said, I'm behind XD)

BBS Signature