00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept?

1,184 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-24 15:27:56

Here is mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0wrbcERaY

What would you like to see from the series?

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-24 20:58:55

I think any Zelda game is already perfect or close to perfect. Maybe add some romance because in Ocarina of Time there's like 5 chicks that want your D and you can't choose.

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-24 21:14:32

At 3/24/15 03:27 PM, NoviOne wrote: Here is mine:

I'd like to see, in the credits, a mention that you will never have any involvement in any game design ever.

Stop trying to be egoraptor your voice is horrible and you have nothing interesting to say. Any attempts you made at humor were whiffs.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-24 22:11:55

It's pretty much this year's Zelda

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-24 22:15:50

At 3/24/15 08:58 PM, Luette wrote: I think any Zelda game is already perfect or close to perfect. Maybe add some romance because in Ocarina of Time there's like 5 chicks that want your D and you can't choose.

I would not really call that romance, but Link should be allowed to be a pimp.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-25 09:48:28

At 3/24/15 09:14 PM, sharpnova wrote:
At 3/24/15 03:27 PM, NoviOne wrote: Here is mine:

I'd like to see, in the credits, a mention that you will never have any involvement in any game design ever.

Stop trying to be egoraptor your voice is horrible and you have nothing interesting to say. Any attempts you made at humor were whiffs.

Sorry man, I don't know who egoraptor is. I found him and he does cartoons and I don't really see the connection. Please help me find it.

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-25 11:04:11

At 3/24/15 09:14 PM, sharpnova wrote: I'd like to see, in the credits, a mention that you will never have any involvement in any game design ever.

OP, do you need some aloe for that massive burn?

BBS Signature

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-25 11:45:26

At 3/24/15 10:11 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: It's pretty much this year's Zelda

Well, we've heard that it's gonna have a huge world, but that's about it.

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-25 11:46:29

OP, do you need some aloe for that massive burn?

Of course. Bring me all of it.

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-25 16:00:56

At 3/25/15 09:48 AM, NoviOne wrote: Sorry man, I don't know who egoraptor is. I found him and he does cartoons and I don't really see the connection. Please help me find it.

The technology to boost intelligence doesn't exist yet.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-25 16:40:14

The technology to boost intelligence doesn't exist yet.

I don't see the connection. Please help me find it.

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-25 18:17:52

At 3/25/15 11:45 AM, NoviOne wrote:
At 3/24/15 10:11 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: It's pretty much this year's Zelda
Well, we've heard that it's gonna have a huge world, but that's about it.

And since Zelda is already a perfect series, the only way to make it better is to give it an open world. So there's that.

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-25 21:59:56

Outside of the top-down games, I can't say I'm much of a Zelda fan. But I'll give my lengthy opinion anyways...

I'd like to see Zelda as a semi open-world adventure that focuses more on world exploration and treasure hunting than collecting the ancient relics and defeating a great evil who may or may not be Ganon. The overwold shouldn't be large; all the contrary, it should be small to medium sized, but very condensed, the way top-down Zelda games were.

Dungeons should have more aesthetic variety, because "Cave/Temple of <insert element or ancient relic here>" has gotten stale after 30 years. The way I see it, "dungeon" should be a blanket term for an extremely condense area with a heavy focus on puzzles, unique enemies, rare treasure, and a sub-boss and full-boss. A forest thicket, a moor, or even a craggy coast could be seen as a dungeon if designed the right way.

Dungeons should have treasures that can only be accessed with items that are found someplace else, just to give the player a reason to re-explore past areas, and to give items more use than merely to defeat the subsequent boss.

I'd like to see a new spin on the Hero of Time story...
Instead of Link realizing his fate within the first cutscene, have him be the loser sidekick of some meathead that everyone thinks is the hero, then a quarter way into the game the meathead gets turned into a cuckoo and Link has to take up the mantle despite knowing the meathead will still be seen as the Hero.
Where does the prophecy say that Link must be a noble heart from humble beginnings? Why not tread into fanfic territory and make Link a petty thief who has the role of Hero forced onto him after destroying the corporeal body of a Goddess?

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-29 00:58:52

Congratulations for joining Newgrounds simply to get your video series out there.

We are not sheep sir.

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-29 15:18:02

This isn't our job, it is Nintendo's job.

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-03-29 19:52:19

At 3/29/15 03:18 PM, DeDollop wrote: This isn't our job, it is Nintendo's job.

I am not afraid to give Nintendo help. Are you?

BBS Signature

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-04-02 18:20:28

At 3/29/15 07:52 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
I am not afraid to give Nintendo help. Are you?

I am afraid

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-04-03 05:38:58

Congratulations for joining Newgrounds simply to get your video series out there.

We are not sheep sir.

And thank YOU for watching. I'm not making anyone watch it, that part is up to you...heheheh...You're a fool to believe that. You indeed HAVE to watch my videos. There are no options for you, boyyyy!

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-04-03 05:39:56

My dad is Shigaro Mayamo. He made Merio and he works at Sega.com

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-04-03 05:41:43

At 3/29/15 12:25 AM, oobooglunk wrote: -Open world
-Multiplayer
-Emphasis on exploration rather than combat or puzzles
-Multiple ways to reach the final goal, similar to games like Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie

Some references to previous Zelda games (or even games from other franchises) would be appreciated, but wouldn't be necessary.

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from. I'd actually love to see another 4 Swords game on the Wii U. That'd be fucking sweet.

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-04-03 06:08:10

At 3/25/15 09:59 PM, Chdonga wrote: Outside of the top-down games, I can't say I'm much of a Zelda fan. But I'll give my lengthy opinion anyways...

I'd like to see Zelda as a semi open-world adventure that focuses more on world exploration and treasure hunting than collecting the ancient relics and defeating a great evil who may or may not be Ganon. The overwold shouldn't be large; all the contrary, it should be small to medium sized, but very condensed, the way top-down Zelda games were.

Dungeons should have more aesthetic variety, because "Cave/Temple of <insert element or ancient relic here>" has gotten stale after 30 years. The way I see it, "dungeon" should be a blanket term for an extremely condense area with a heavy focus on puzzles, unique enemies, rare treasure, and a sub-boss and full-boss. A forest thicket, a moor, or even a craggy coast could be seen as a dungeon if designed the right way.

Dungeons should have treasures that can only be accessed with items that are found someplace else, just to give the player a reason to re-explore past areas, and to give items more use than merely to defeat the subsequent boss.

I'd like to see a new spin on the Hero of Time story...
Instead of Link realizing his fate within the first cutscene, have him be the loser sidekick of some meathead that everyone thinks is the hero, then a quarter way into the game the meathead gets turned into a cuckoo and Link has to take up the mantle despite knowing the meathead will still be seen as the Hero.
Where does the prophecy say that Link must be a noble heart from humble beginnings? Why not tread into fanfic territory and make Link a petty thief who has the role of Hero forced onto him after destroying the corporeal body of a Goddess?

Yeah, you won't see many 2D Zelda games in the future. Maybe portable since ALBW did so great, but aside from that....eh.

Yeah, that's kinda what I said in my video, even though I'd like to see a world that is a little bigger than that because if ALTTP was 3D and you could see in the distance, the world would actually be extremely small. You have your house and 20 seconds away is the castle, 30 seconds away is the desert, 30 seconds the other way is the first dungeon and the like...I'd like to see a bigger world than that, but still with a lot of focus.

Yes, I agree about dungeons. They are starting to lack in atmosphere and variety since most of them do seem to just be the same, but a little different. WW, TP and OoT all have a dungeon in a tree. All have a dungeon in a volcano, all have that "creepy" dungeon and shit like that. I'd like to feel like there is history to that place. Rarely did I feel like it. Most of the dungeons just seem like dungeons because they are supposed to be dungeons. Of course, if we are talking game design, that is probably the best way of approaching it, but I never felt like the Goron Temple is a place where they went or that Dodongo's Cavern was a place where they ate. I'd like to hear rumors, maybe some backstory to those dungeons about something in it and then when I come and see that to remember what that person told me. That's why I liked the Bottom of the Well in OoT. People in the village talked about it a lot, but usually it's always presented to you as "There are 3 dungeons, go find what's inside" DONE.

Skyward Sword did that with backtracking...Would I like it? Yeah, I can see it being interesting if the item isn't impossible to get until middle of the game and by that time the dungeon is so easy that you don't even feel like coming back and getting a reward.

Oh, that'd be interesting. I'd like a different kind of sidekick that's for sure. We've pretty much seen either pretty blank ones or cliche ones, and Midna who was great, but something like that would actually be great.

I'd like a completely new story. I don't even give a shit about the timeline. It's so broken that following it just does more damage to the story than it benefits it. Holy shit, I'd love to see Link with a character that actually has flaws and isn't this perfect being. I said in the video that I'd like to see Link's character well written. Yeah, I'd love to make him different. Maybe make him a son of some lord who is executed by the king, so Link uses the power that his house has been keeping for a long time to get back at the king, but on his way to revenge sees that there is something much more dangerous than the king. And I'm done with black and white characters. I'm do regret for not mentioning this in the video, but I'm done of bad guys presenting themselves as "I'm a demon and I'm going to destroy the world". Enough of that. It makes no sense for someone to be evil just to be evil. Evil people don't usually see themselves as evil, so give them a character where they see themselves as doing the right thing for their people or because harm was done to them or their family by the royal family in the past... I don't fucking know, but something new would be interesting.

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-05-22 12:11:50

When it comes to Zelda, I really want to become immersed in the world. The series is already great when it comes to creating the world so what I really want to see is more character development with NPCs, like in Majora's Mask. More specifically with the part when you work with Kafei to rescue his mask.

Basically, I'd just want more characters involved in the actual story. Not just side characters that have their own stuff going on. I have this story idea that never made it out of my head, instead of one villain, it was a group of seven characters working under Ganondorf.

I like the idea of exploration as a main focus. Maybe the protagonist and antagonist could be on a race to collect mysterious items. Maybe they end up reviving/being possessed by Gannon/Majora.

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-05-22 22:28:33

CONTINUITY

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-05-23 00:15:30

You don't deserve to wear that blazer.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Perfect Zelda Game Concept? 2015-05-23 06:55:08

A Zelda game where we will see what happened to Termina in a timeline where Link was not there to save the day. Was it destroyed completely? Or did someone else save it instead? Oh the possibilities...