00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

ArtSnacks

409 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

ArtSnacks 2015-03-21 22:49:24

You pay $20 a month to get 4-5 high-quality art supplies delivered to your door. The products look pretty good from what I've seen, so I might get a subscription at some point.

Thoughts?

http://blog.artsnacks.co/

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to ArtSnacks 2015-03-22 00:45:39 (edited 2015-03-22 00:48:58)

At 3/21/15 10:49 PM, YellowisCOOL wrote: You pay $20 a month to get 4-5 high-quality art supplies delivered to your door. The products look pretty good from what I've seen, so I might get a subscription at some point.

Thoughts?

http://blog.artsnacks.co/

Doesn't sound worth it to me. It may be materials you could spend $20 or more on at the store, but that doesn't mean you can't find equivalent materials for much less. The $15 watercolor paint brush, for instance- I'm sure it's lovely, but one can buy a six pack of various sized brushes from a hardware store for just a few dollars.

I do like the idea of a mystery box delivering art materials I might not otherwise come into contact with, but think there's more cost effective ways to force that kind of exploration. It seems more like a way for suppliers to offload their unwanted surplus stock. I'd rather surf the sale bin at art supply stores and grab the difference in price myself while making my own choices about what kinds of quality are worth paying for, without paying for shipping in the bargain.

I don't know. If money isn't a worry for you and you're curious, go for it.

Response to ArtSnacks 2015-03-22 02:10:53

Honestly, I think it's a good idea for people like me who want to try new art things, without worrying about what to try next. Just get random shit sent to you and give yourself a month to test 'em out.

I've seen this on tumblr, and it's neat to see what people can do with the materials sent to them for the month.

If I wasn't dirt poor I'd probably get a subscription to it myself.

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."