00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hideo Kojima leaving Konami

1,926 Views | 26 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-21 11:28:43

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-21 12:16:02

Everything dies, but there is always new beginnings as well.

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-21 12:59:37

I don't think this necessarily means the end of the Metal Gear series but it had a good run anyway.

At 3/21/15 12:25 PM, Hoodie wrote: Some faggot is gonna continue it, don't worry.

That's the most likely thing to happen

420 blaze it

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-21 14:12:54

Any chance he would work for a different company, like Nintendo?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-21 16:52:53

Alright, let's hope Hideo will have more awesome things going in our way now that he would become an indie developer...

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-21 17:54:51

Hideo has already said he wants other people to continue the series in spin-offs, but he won't personally be directing any more.

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-21 18:02:11

We will see what happens in time.

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-21 22:00:51

At 3/21/15 11:28 AM, klompors wrote: Will this be the end of Metal Gear series?

Hopefully for the series it will be. At this point the video game version of social services should come and take it away from them.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-21 22:05:39

Well, he's off to better pastures, I guess.

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-23 14:57:31

At 3/21/15 02:12 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Any chance he would work for a different company, like Nintendo?

Oh god yes, pls nintendo make it so.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-23 17:42:57

Nintendo isn't competent enough to make M rated games. If anything he's just going to do what shinji mekami does, he's going to jump from company to company, publisher to publisher and every game he makes a game it is going to have "Directed by Hideo Kojima" written on it. Kojima is too cool to be tied down, he is a nomad. A roaming super hobo.

To anyone that hasn't been informed though, Hideo is leaving Konami, but he does not own the rights to the metal gear franchise. Konami plans on making the next metal gear game, but it will not be metal gear solid. It's a new saga, so they say.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-23 18:07:34

At 3/23/15 05:42 PM, sweet21 wrote: Nintendo isn't competent enough to make M rated games.

What are you talking about? Where is your evidence?

BBS Signature

At 3/23/15 06:07 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: What are you talking about? Where is your evidence?

They make casual shit. They've been neutered for years. Their face has changed, they are now associated with kid friendly content. They make goofy, fun, and colorful games, making something serious and deep is out of their league. The only exception being fire emblem. As they are, if Kojima worked for them they would neuter his work, to fit their neutered company. He won't have the creative freedom. You can take off your rose colored glasses because if you think Nintendo can handle incest, torture, and demonic death bosses that rub in the fact you're an asshole murderer, you have another thing coming.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-24 00:12:46

They will most likely bring the franchise back again and milk it to shit.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-24 04:48:52

At 3/23/15 06:53 PM, sweet21 wrote: As they are, if Kojima worked for them they would neuter his work, to fit their neutered company. He won't have the creative freedom.

Because that's what happened to Bayonetta 2.

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-24 12:21:04

I'm glad he's sticking with MGS5, but I really wonder what's going to happen to Silent Hill. I want that to work out more than anything right now.

Anyways, I think Kojima is just going to go out on his own and do something different.

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-24 15:57:36

At 3/24/15 04:48 AM, kmau wrote:
At 3/23/15 06:53 PM, sweet21 wrote: As they are, if Kojima worked for them they would neuter his work, to fit their neutered company. He won't have the creative freedom.

thats one game that wasn't even made by them. That doesn't mean anything. I dont want him with nintendo. I like my vagrant idea better.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-24 17:25:17

At 3/24/15 03:57 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 3/24/15 04:48 AM, kmau wrote:
thats one game that wasn't even made by them. That doesn't mean anything. I dont want him with nintendo. I like my vagrant idea better.

I don't see him working for Nintendo either, I was just pointing out that when Nintendo tosses money at people it is usually because they want their unique talents and styles.

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-24 18:18:22

At first i was pretty upset upon hearing the news, but kojima's been wanting to different projects for a long time. If konami wants to continue mgs, id rather they do it in the vein of spinoffs or something. Maybe make new VR missions?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-24 20:52:26

Everything need a conclusion. Better now than too late, with shit games staining the franchise's name.

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-24 22:14:51

He will not give up on games. He will do something to help some company.

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-25 10:56:32

Who knows what his next project will be?

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-25 10:58:12

At 3/21/15 02:12 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Any chance he would work for a different company, like Nintendo?

put him in charge of storywriting for the next metroid game
shit would be off the hook!

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-28 14:42:30

I just hope he eventually keeps working on Silent Hills and Konami leaves the Metal Gear saga alone. MGSV seems alredy little forced to me, since it ended so well with Guns of the Patriots...

"The message is: there is no message"

My new EP is out!

Bandcamp

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-28 21:00:49

He would never start his own video game company.

BBS Signature

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-31 15:26:47

At 3/23/15 06:53 PM, sweet21 wrote: You can take off your rose colored glasses because if you think Nintendo can handle incest, torture, and demonic death bosses that rub in the fact you're an asshole murderer, you have another thing coming.

I understand this is the exception and not the rule, but come on, at least give credit where credit is due.

Hideo Kojima leaving Konami

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami 2015-03-31 22:26:12

At 3/31/15 03:26 PM, Kwing wrote:
At 3/23/15 06:53 PM, sweet21 wrote: You can take off your rose colored glasses because if you think Nintendo can handle incest, torture, and demonic death bosses that rub in the fact you're an asshole murderer, you have another thing coming.
I understand this is the exception and not the rule, but come on, at least give credit where credit is due.

Plus, they did have Turok back then before the horrid reboot along with Goldeneye, Conker's and a few others, so it's not like Nintendo is fully opposed to having violent and controversial games that is exclusive to them, that's not their problem as much as it is either being that most of those games are either not very good or they go virtually under the radar, Turok and Goldeneye notwithstanding.

Nintendo owned franchises like Mario and Zelda are family friendly for the most part, but not all of their third party exclusives are.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature