00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Several Shot in Sweden Bar

720 Views | 19 Replies

Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 01:00:04

Breaking news is that several people have been shot in a bar in Gothenburg, Sweden. At least two people have been killed, but police say the death toll may rise. At least eight people have been shot total. The area where it happened apparently has had a history of gang activity.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/03/19/several-killed-sweden-pub-shooting

Yesterday, three people were wounded in a shooting at a mall in Copenhagen, Denmark, also a Scandinavian country.

While I try to distance myself from these kind of depressing news stories it shows you these kind of mass attacks don't only happen in the U.S. and third world countries but can happen anywhere on the planet.

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 01:04:09

Damn, the world is fucked up sometimes.

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 02:44:30

Wonder what happened to all of that responsible European gun control?

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 03:19:19

At 3/19/15 02:44 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Wonder what happened to all of that responsible European gun control?

Guns don't kill, people do.

BBS Signature

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 04:08:08

At 3/19/15 02:54 AM, MrPercie wrote:
At 3/19/15 02:44 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Wonder what happened to all of that responsible European gun control?
2.06 Firearm-related deaths per 100,000 population per year on average over 31 european union countries

10.3 firearm related deaths per 100,00 population per year from USA

what?

And if you do the math and look at the actual amount of deaths instead of per capita it tells a very different story the amount deaths in the US by guns are around 20 to 30,000

At 3/19/15 04:27 AM, Sekhem wrote: there are gangs in sweden? lol

Remember the innocent times when the Swedish gangs would just steal cakes like Lex Luthor?

Several Shot in Sweden Bar

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 04:37:42

Give me a shot of 9mm, bartender.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 04:38:51

You do realize this was gang related incident, and you know gangs and such despite whatever gun policy the country have will find a way to acquire guns.

This was not some kid that busted into a school and started killing people with a fully automatic rifle.

Look no country is perfect, Sweden where this happened (where I also live btw) is far being a utopia. But the fact is that 8 people have died and you want to rub it in peoples faces.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 04:58:10

At 3/19/15 04:38 AM, Mismo wrote:
You do realize this was gang related incident, and you know gangs and such despite whatever gun policy the country have will find a way to acquire guns.

This was not some kid that busted into a school and started killing people with a fully automatic rifle.

Look no country is perfect, Sweden where this happened (where I also live btw) is far being a utopia. But the fact is that 8 people have died and you want to rub it in peoples faces.

this happens every fucking time- it happened with raul moat's rampage, it happened with anders brevik... americans will always point at those and say HA! SEE? IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!
failing to take into account that mass shootings like this are always reported in european countries because they're so uncommon.

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 05:50:02

At 3/19/15 04:37 AM, MrPercie wrote:
At 3/19/15 04:08 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: And if you do the math and look at the actual amount of deaths instead of per capita it tells a very different story the amount deaths in the US by guns are around 20 to 30,000
how is that a different story? ONLY 20,000 people die? you make it sound as if thats a particularly low figure, or that the people that have died don't matter.

Its a drop in the bucket when you look at our current population and the current growth rate. And people don't matter to me one less person to deal with.

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 11:44:16

I genuinely thought for a second that it said "Several Shots in Sweden Bar" and imagined OP telling a story about getting drunk with Swedes.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 12:12:57

At 3/19/15 05:50 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Its a drop in the bucket when you look at our current population and the current growth rate. And people don't matter to me one less person to deal with.

Look, I know you're a heartless prick, and I don't even mind, but when you say it's "only 20,000" when that's the highest rate among all developed nations, you just can't expect to be taken seriously.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 12:28:40

That's terrible news, it's quite upsetting that people can get shot to death for no reason while just having a drink at a bar.

420 blaze it

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 13:27:20

guess i will avoid swedish pubs should i travel there

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 13:35:53

http://news.yahoo.com/several-fatalities-sweden-pub-shooting-police-031438489.html

2 dead, 10+ wounded

Victims range from 20 to 60s

One of those killed was apparently just a guy there picking up some takeout food

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 14:21:07

Let me guess, immigrants are on the run again aren't they?

BBS Signature

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 18:06:32

At 3/19/15 04:37 AM, Jin wrote: Give me a shot of 9mm, bartender.

Ha

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-19 20:05:21

At 3/19/15 12:12 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote:
At 3/19/15 05:50 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Its a drop in the bucket when you look at our current population and the current growth rate. And people don't matter to me one less person to deal with.
Look, I know you're a heartless prick, and I don't even mind, but when you say it's "only 20,000" when that's the highest rate among all developed nations, you just can't expect to be taken seriously.

hey i'm just seeing the world for how it is, and its 20-30,000 because it tends to flucuate plus most of those deaths deaths happen in places with gun control California Illinois and New York are the three biggest contributors, they have laws agains open carry, restrict the shit out of concealed carry, restrictions on magazine capacity. and like I said the 20-30000 is nothing when you consider the growth rate of our population that it really doesn't matter since we birth four million a year and thats not taking immigration into account.

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-20 10:30:06

At 3/19/15 08:05 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: hey i'm just seeing the world for how it is, and its 20-30,000 because it tends to flucuate plus most of those deaths deaths happen in places with gun control California Illinois and New York are the three biggest contributors, they have laws agains open carry, restrict the shit out of concealed carry, restrictions on magazine capacity.

I'm not even trying to argue about gun control with you, since I'd bet both of my balls you won't change your mind no matter what. The only thing I can't leave unchallenged is this:

and like I said the 20-30000 is nothing when you consider the growth rate of our population that it really doesn't matter since we birth four million a year and thats not taking immigration into account.

as that's a major flaw in your argument. Even if you take all that into account, the 20-30000 figure is still the highest of all developed nations. It's very far from "nothing". Your denying that just destroys any credibility you could have had.

And for fuck's sake, learn punctuation. Reading your posts makes my eyes hurt.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Several Shot in Sweden Bar 2015-03-20 16:41:54

Was someone trying to sing?