00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Does Windows really remove everythi

594 Views | 9 Replies

So I don't know much about computers.

I always thought that programs and files that you remove, and what you clean in your trash bin is like gone forever. Completely vanished from your system.

Then today I did a system restore, and so many files that I had deleted returned.
I didn't really run a program that got restored to see if it still worked, but just wanted to know how that even works.

BBS Signature

Response to Does Windows really remove everythi 2015-03-15 18:10:13

it might. microsoft is known for being really bad

BBS Signature

Response to Does Windows really remove everythi 2015-03-15 18:12:39

Deleted files still hang around in computers. Even if they're overwritten, it might be possible to retrieve them. Eventually, new data will take the place, and then the old data will be gone. I'm sure that there are programs/techniques that can zap a file you out with extreme prejudice, but that's a bit further then my computer knowledge goes.

If you just want to murder a computer, I hear high power magnets can do the trick. Only use that if you hate the computer though.

Response to Does Windows really remove everythi 2015-03-15 18:13:12

Deleted files still hang around in computers. Even if they're overwritten, it might be possible to retrieve them. Eventually, new data will take the place, and then the old data will be gone. I'm sure that there are programs/techniques that can zap a file you out with extreme prejudice, but that's a bit further then my computer knowledge goes.

If you just want to murder a computer, I hear high power magnets can do the trick. Only use that if you hate the computer though.

Response to Does Windows really remove everythi 2015-03-15 18:17:53

Does anyone currently else have this problem:
I get notifications, and I click on the link to the topic, and I don't see any new messages until I refresh it

BBS Signature

Response to Does Windows really remove everythi 2015-03-15 18:20:09

At 3/15/15 06:17 PM, klompors wrote: Does anyone currently else have this problem:
I get notifications, and I click on the link to the topic, and I don't see any new messages until I refresh it

Oh god, this is getting annoying.
Every page I go on this site isn't updated unless I refresh it.

BBS Signature

Response to Does Windows really remove everythi 2015-03-15 18:28:37

At 3/15/15 06:27 PM, SwisherCovent wrote: Fuck me, what is up with this site at the moment?

YOU HAVE IT TOO??
Shit's getting annoying bruh

BBS Signature

Response to Does Windows really remove everythi 2015-03-15 18:29:35

At 3/15/15 06:28 PM, SwisherCovent wrote: Fuck me, what is up with this site at the moment?

^

Does Windows really remove everythi

Response to Does Windows really remove everythi 2015-03-15 18:43:13

At 3/15/15 06:30 PM, 24901 wrote: Or buy a flesh colored earpiece

Always found they look a bit like facial warts

Response to Does Windows really remove everythi 2015-03-15 18:59:06

The circuit must be integrated fully in order to achieve a perfect state of infinite knowledge, it is incomplete otherwise, the analytical senses will not comprehend completely that which it is ignorant of