00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mcd410 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

job as a house keeper

2,714 Views | 27 Replies

im a man and I want to be a house keeper!
(congratz. you just made yourself sound gay infront of the NG face. heres a biscuit.)

don't judge, but I heard it really pays off! ive had a rough past n instead of working at some mc Donald with 80 dollars an entire day, I thought I could use my experience at 12 years of being a chore kid to use!

not to mention I heard its like pfft what, 80 dollars a house?? that's like 4-6 hours and I get paid the amount of working an entire day at some store! I could easily use the extra time to either make another 80 bucks or spend the time to relax/animate/study

this is where im puzzled tho... okay. your a kid who just started becoming independent, and you need some mooooney.

(you guys: DO THE PROSTITUTIO-) NO!

and I don't know how to approach this. I know for regular jobs at stores you need to have an sat test passed, good hygiene, good home, etc. but for house cleaning, it cant be just knock door to door right?

smart ng: eh, I think you need to work for like house lords

I know! but I feel like that reduces the income a cleaner gets yknow? im jus confused on how to approach a house. so I just go like "hey, need house cleaning? pay up. feels like that's not how you do it... maybe you guys have experience in these stuff.

(.... oh. youre calling us gay?!)

oh for the love of

edit: also working for a house lord, im sure they'll want all sorts of identification, scholarships or whatever the F not

I don't fuckin know, you tell me

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-13 21:24:23

I work as a housekeeper in a hotel.
I make $8.75 an hour and work between 5 and 7 hours from 3:30 til whenever my boss decides we get to leave.
I would KILL to make $80 a day. I pretty much have no life now because I don't have really any free time because of working not just there but I also help my dad in the morning Monday-Saturday from 5-10.
And even then I only make about $900 an entire month.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-14 01:01:55

if you're an adult everybody is gonna tell you "college or military"

if that's not your thing find some sort of way to start doing construction or kitchen work, not mcdonalds like a local restaurant, my hours sucked in the restaurant biz but i made $300-$650 a week at 17 doing it with highschool so its not too bad.

heres a thing though, both of those are pretty much seasonal. Look for other jobs on the books starting above minimum wage in the newspaperor w/e and yeah they exist, not in new york so much but they exist. Take what you can get but if theres something better available go for it. Don't just slave away at a shitty job for no pay. Always work hard, even if it is the shittiest job you have ever had.

house cleaning is not a good job to get into man, and its not going to be perceived well if you are a young adult male regardless of any other factors.

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-14 01:20:02

Do not worry over what you accomplish today, this challenge grants learning experiences that will forever harbor a deep sense of wisdom

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-14 13:28:32

At 3/13/15 09:17 PM, Sekhem wrote: if you're making 80$ a house at 6 hours per house and having to arrange which houses to clean, pay for transportation, etc, you might as well work at mcd's for 10$ an hour

it would save you a headache

aww cmon I thought maybe I could bicycle or work for the ones around the neighborhood yknow? an then maybe give a number, start getting referred too and then a business is formed

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-14 13:29:53

At 3/13/15 09:24 PM, Viper wrote: I work as a housekeeper in a hotel.
I make $8.75 an hour and work between 5 and 7 hours from 3:30 til whenever my boss decides we get to leave.
I would KILL to make $80 a day. I pretty much have no life now because I don't have really any free time because of working not just there but I also help my dad in the morning Monday-Saturday from 5-10.
And even then I only make about $900 an entire month.

wow... that's pretty bad but at least you don't have to pay rent n stuff

that's what im talking about when im saying its probably more worth it to be an independent house cleaner like the ones you call

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-14 13:31:11

At 3/14/15 12:52 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: If you are trying to work independently for that kind of money you may as well work at McD's or get a job in a supermarket
you are going to have to arrange your own supplies, materials, transportation, etc. If you're making $80 a day, a good chunk will be eaten up by your expenses. Not worth it

supplies will probably be like 10 dollars for an entire week/month worth and transportation I thought of just working for the ones nearby and getting referred to. is that not possible?

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-14 21:22:10

At 3/13/15 08:55 PM, ProjectAwesomes wrote:

edit: also working for a house lord, im sure they'll want all sorts of identification, scholarships or whatever the F not

I used to own (half) an LLC that did a lot of cleaning tickets. It was built up slowly working with mostly realtors and property managers, doing turnovers and cleaning lobbies and hallways. It was the least paying tickets we did and I tended to make 20$ an hour and up doing them, sometimes much more than that even after costs, depending on the clients. The best cleaning tickets we got were hallways of residential buildings, clubhouses and nice lobbies and they were steady, maybe once/twice a week or once/twice a month.

Contracting isn't like being an employee though and more than likely they want dependable independent contractors. If you are working for a company that hires employees to do that, I'm sure it's not as nice but much less responsibility on your part.

I can say that it's worth doing but only if it's done right, if that makes sense.

Thanks to Green-Chicken for the sig graphics, ur awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-15 00:59:27

Infidelity is the first lesson a house keeper must know when left alone with whichever spouse he or she desires.

Makes for a good show of things, doesn't it?

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-15 02:38:03

Okay, first things first.
1) Do you have ANY form of a criminal record?
If you do, I'd suggest doing something else. If any sort of crime such as a stolen item or even suspicion arose, you'd be a person of interest.
2)Do you have experience with true housekeeping?
I'm talking about things involving real deal repairs. What happens if you walk in the house and the toilet is overflowing or pipes froze and burst? Do you have the kind of experience to be able to handle situations like this?
Just because you do chores doesn't mean a thing. People would much rather trust their neighbors to keep an eye on things. You should at least have some sort of basic certifications like HVAC or simple plumbing.

3) Do you have friends you Really, Really trust?
The reason I say this is because there's a lot of untrustworthy people out there that would jump at the chance to think that they can get in to someone's house while they're away and do illegal stuff like make meth or rob the place.

Depending on your age and other experience, I'd say do something else.
In the spring and summers, I work as a handyman painting and making simple repairs on houses. It doesn't pay much. If you have a truck and a mower, you could mow lawns, you won't get rich from it, but if you make up a good contract, you can have steady cash.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-15 10:56:24

At 3/14/15 01:31 PM, ProjectAwesomes wrote: supplies will probably be like 10 dollars for an entire week/month worth and transportation

Depending on what you buy and how much you buy, I guaranteed it's going to cost more than that.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-17 19:44:19

At 3/14/15 09:22 PM, jhypsyshah wrote:
I used to own (half) an LLC that did a lot of cleaning tickets. It was built up slowly working with mostly realtors and property managers, doing turnovers and cleaning lobbies and hallways. It was the least paying tickets we did and I tended to make 20$ an hour and up doing them, sometimes much more than that even after costs, depending on the clients. The best cleaning tickets we got were hallways of residential buildings, clubhouses and nice lobbies and they were steady, maybe once/twice a week or once/twice a month.

Contracting isn't like being an employee though and more than likely they want dependable independent contractors. If you are working for a company that hires employees to do that, I'm sure it's not as nice but much less responsibility on your part.

I can say that it's worth doing but only if it's done right, if that makes sense.

20 dollars an hour seems pretty legit! plus less responsibility and they take care of the supplies?

also curious like how much work hours do you get and such. I want it to be constant work so I can get paid without much breaks, so I wont end up spending an entire day for just 5 hour pay if you catch my drift

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-17 19:49:27

At 3/15/15 02:38 AM, Mrccbirdguy wrote: Okay, first things first.
1) Do you have ANY form of a criminal record?
If you do, I'd suggest doing something else. If any sort of crime such as a stolen item or even suspicion arose, you'd be a person of interest.
2)Do you have experience with true housekeeping?
I'm talking about things involving real deal repairs. What happens if you walk in the house and the toilet is overflowing or pipes froze and burst? Do you have the kind of experience to be able to handle situations like this?
Just because you do chores doesn't mean a thing. People would much rather trust their neighbors to keep an eye on things. You should at least have some sort of basic certifications like HVAC or simple plumbing.

3) Do you have friends you Really, Really trust?
The reason I say this is because there's a lot of untrustworthy people out there that would jump at the chance to think that they can get in to someone's house while they're away and do illegal stuff like make meth or rob the place.

Depending on your age and other experience, I'd say do something else.
In the spring and summers, I work as a handyman painting and making simple repairs on houses. It doesn't pay much. If you have a truck and a mower, you could mow lawns, you won't get rich from it, but if you make up a good contract, you can have steady cash.

dude. since when do male hooke- I mean house cleaners have to become handymen? I can clean a freakin toilet but I wont come dressed up like bob the builder! il flippin mop around the toilet and be like " yo, you need a handy manny mmhmmmmmm"

im just gonna start life. I don't think I have any criminal record .-.

idk whats a hvac but I know flippin simple plumping >.> and nope. no friends. I. am. not. a. criminal. my. record. is. clean

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-17 19:50:22

At 3/15/15 10:56 AM, Viper wrote:
At 3/14/15 01:31 PM, ProjectAwesomes wrote: supplies will probably be like 10 dollars for an entire week/month worth and transportation
Depending on what you buy and how much you buy, I guaranteed it's going to cost more than that.

I know my dollar stores man .-. plus I think sometimes the payer supplies that

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-03-17 22:15:05

At 3/17/15 07:49 PM, ProjectAwesomes wrote:
dude. since when do male hooke- I mean house cleaners have to become handymen? I can clean a freakin toilet but I wont come dressed up like bob the builder! il flippin mop around the toilet and be like " yo, you need a handy manny mmhmmmmmm"

im just gonna start life. I don't think I have any criminal record .-.

idk whats a hvac but I know flippin simple plumping >.> and nope. no friends. I. am. not. a. criminal. my. record. is. clean

It's all in liability and certifications. Anyone can hire someone they know to keep a house tidy for practically nothing. If you want a complete stranger to hire you for work, you're going to have to have something to offer unless you're networking and they know someone you know.

Hvac is heating and cooling certification. Its not that its necessary, it's just that any kind of certification looks good on a resume. Most people looking for a housekeeper (Ones that pay you well enough) will want to see some credentials. Basically, no certificates, no high hiring price.

I do general cleaning and basic repairs for a woman in the town I live in. I get about 8 dollars an hour, but I only work for about 2 hours, so it's barely worth it. But she'll tell a friend about me, and they'll hire me and so on.

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-04-03 21:02:52

At 3/17/15 10:15 PM, Mrccbirdguy wrote:
Hvac is heating and cooling certification. Its not that its necessary, it's just that any kind of certification looks good on a resume. Most people looking for a housekeeper (Ones that pay you well enough) will want to see some credentials. Basically, no certificates, no high hiring price.

so I need a flippin diploma for house cleaning. nice.

I do general cleaning and basic repairs for a woman in the town I live in. I get about 8 dollars an hour, but I only work for about 2 hours, so it's barely worth it. But she'll tell a friend about me, and they'll hire me and so on.

the world just keeps finding new ways to crush my hopes and dreams

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-04-03 22:06:54

At 4/3/15 09:02 PM, ProjectAwesomes wrote:

How is pointing out common sense stuff after you've asked, crushing your hopes and dreams?

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-04-03 23:53:57

At 4/3/15 10:06 PM, Mrccbirdguy wrote:
At 4/3/15 09:02 PM, ProjectAwesomes wrote:
How is pointing out common sense stuff after you've asked, crushing your hopes and dreams?

I think a better question should be how can housekeeping be someones dream?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-04-18 17:21:44

At 4/3/15 11:53 PM, Viper wrote:
At 4/3/15 10:06 PM, Mrccbirdguy wrote:
I think a better question should be how can housekeeping be someones dream?

I think the reasonable answer to that is that I was hoping to be flippin stoked w money with housekeeping. now il have to go and find a job at 80 dollars for a 10 hour shift

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-04-18 17:43:31 (edited 2015-04-18 17:57:58)

At 4/18/15 05:21 PM, ProjectAwesomes wrote:
I think the reasonable answer to that is that I was hoping to be flippin stoked w money with housekeeping. now il have to go and find a job at 80 dollars for a 10 hour shift

haha. Stoked with money. makes me laugh. You do realize that you essentially get paid for the job and not by the hour, right? A typical day is usually only 3 hours long and unless you're doing some high tech stuff like roofing or plumbing, you're getting a meager wage.

Sorry, but what kind of job are you going to find that pays 80 an hour? The only think I think that comes close is possibly a neurosurgeon.

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-04-18 17:45:33

Don't forget the lemon pledge.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-04-18 17:59:03

At 4/18/15 05:43 PM, Mrccbirdguy wrote:
At 4/18/15 05:21 PM, ProjectAwesomes wrote: I think the reasonable answer to that is that I was hoping to be flippin stoked w money with housekeeping. now il have to go and find a job at 80 dollars for a 10 hour shift
Sorry, but what kind of job are you going to find that pays 80 an hour?

I think he's saying that it'd be $8 an hour and that it'd equal out to $80 a day.
If he were getting $80 an hour for 10 hours per day that'd be $800 a day. Which would be beyond insane.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-04-18 18:07:34

At 4/18/15 05:59 PM, Viper wrote:

I think he's saying that it'd be $8 an hour and that it'd equal out to $80 a day.

That actually kinda makes sense, but he hasn't considered state, local and federal taxes :D

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-05-05 01:09:24

At 4/18/15 06:07 PM, Mrccbirdguy wrote:
At 4/18/15 05:59 PM, Viper wrote:

That actually kinda makes sense, but he hasn't considered state, local and federal taxes :D

no. I pretty much got that in check now. blow the president's D while his Ukraine shenanigans and citizen spy are on a go, and we "still" have to pay bullshit.

im just sayin. this is some weird turn where the prostitutes are forced to pay to get fucked

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-05-05 02:15:37

At 5/5/15 01:09 AM, ProjectAwesomes wrote: im just sayin. this is some weird turn where the prostitutes are forced to pay to get fucked

Why do you keep bringing up prostitutes? This is the third time or so in this thread.

More to the point, how old are you? I know it's not really our business, but I'm telling you now that people will be less likely to hire a 16-year-old stranger to watch over their houses. Not only that, but the way you wrote your OP (included putting words in our mouth, which got annoying pretty fast) and your responses tells me that you're probably not older than 18, if even that.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-05-05 03:18:17

At 3/14/15 12:47 AM, EsotericTable wrote: no no no. no clean.

Oh, Consuela...

job as a house keeper

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-05-05 04:17:42

Dude. I would be a lighthouse attendant?

Like totally.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to job as a house keeper 2015-05-20 14:59:59

At 5/5/15 02:15 AM, icecreammac wrote:
Why do you keep bringing up prostitutes? This is the third time or so in this thread.

(included putting words in our mouth, which got annoying pretty fast) and your responses tells me that you're probably not older than 18, if even that.

I don't tell you how to write your novels ice cream man

BBS Signature