00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

games to listen to things to

758 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

ey fellas

I'm looking for a new game to blow a lot of time on while listening to music/podcasts, but the issue is that simulation games don't do anything for me. For this purpose I've previously enjoyed Dark Souls, Don't Starve, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and to a lesser extent Minecraft, but am now sick of them.

pls help

At 3/13/15 04:43 PM, Jester wrote: ey fellas

Hello there, fella ^_________^

Personally, I like to play Binding of Isaac:Rebirth muted while listening to podcasts or music. You can clear room for room and taking as slow as an approach as you like and once you understand the mechanics, it's easy enough that you don't get distracted by listening to other stuff while playing.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to games to listen to things to 2015-03-13 17:05:01

All I ever do while playing games is listen to podcasts or standup. It doesn't matter what I'm playing. I just pause when something happens and turn up the volume on the TV. I've been glued to Diablo 3 for a good while, switching between 3 characters, and it's the same deal.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to games to listen to things to 2015-03-14 09:01:13

I listen to music while playing games just about as often as I can. I recommend you start playing some MMORPG or online FPS games

420 blaze it

Response to games to listen to things to 2015-03-14 09:30:10

You could pretty much take your pick of JRPGs. Especially the older ones that have no voice acting. A lot of them can take 70+ hours to beat. If you're not into the whole turn based combat thing, look into some of the more action orientated JRPGs like the Star Ocean or Tales series. If you like turn based, try something like Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire or Grandia.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to games to listen to things to 2015-03-14 10:48:20

JRPGs, particularly SMT games.

Love listening to podcasts while dungeon crawling.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Thankya for the responses, you lovely people. I think I've found a temporary remedy for my problem in Hotline Miami.

Though, I would also be interested in if anybody can recommend some turn-based strategy games that play similarly to XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Already played Enemy Within.

Response to games to listen to things to 2015-03-14 11:47:39

The only turn based game I've ever been able to bring myself to finish is Arc the Lad. Would have finished the second one if it weren't for getting lost in that forest.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to games to listen to things to 2015-03-14 13:45:20

WOW does not have the best music, so not listening is fine.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to games to listen to things to 2015-03-15 23:13:47

You could give Runescape a go, since most of the "music" is pretty much just ambience in the background and doesn't need to be overly focused on the game, it likely works as a time sink to keep your hands busy at a relaxed pace while wanting to listen to / watch things.

Compared to other MMOs it is probably the most suitable / safe one for playing in the background / afking on. So if not objecting to using an MMO for this task it would probably be one of the better options. One issue would be that it would require a bit of time maybe an hour or so to get it into that situation though, getting past the tutorial and getting to somewhere where you can afk farm at compared to other games like people mentioned Binding of Isaac and the like where you can jump right into it from game installation and not need to faf about at all. But those games to require more attention and I personally find I tend to miss a lot of the thing I'm trying to listen to when playing a game that requires more attention. But of course if you are the type of person that can multitask well and pick up everything on the podcast while doing something more energetic and lively, then it might be good for you.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to games to listen to things to 2015-03-16 09:49:44

I like playing Counter-Strike: Source and Team Fortress 2 while listening to podcasts or music.

BBS Signature