00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RunicPixels just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tips on how to continue my song??

1,062 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Tips on how to continue my song?? 2015-03-12 23:25:12

I usually don't stress out so much about this. If I don't know how to continue a song, I just move on... But this one... I've never put more work into the first 2 minutes and 30 seconds of a song, and I feel like it's very worth working through this and NOT abandoning. Any general tips on how to continue a song if you don't know where to take it and don't just want to repeat parts that you already made?

At 3/12/15 11:25 PM, Lethal-Input wrote: I usually don't stress out so much about this. If I don't know how to continue a song, I just move on... But this one... I've never put more work into the first 2 minutes and 30 seconds of a song, and I feel like it's very worth working through this and NOT abandoning. Any general tips on how to continue a song if you don't know where to take it and don't just want to repeat parts that you already made?

well you can make sure everything is in a certain pattern and just add different elements for every other certain amount of bars. just so it doesn't get boring.

i personally like to experiment, so try something you thought you would never do, add some weird sounds in the background. very slight, or just keep recycling what you have, so use a different drum pattern, or try some soft reverb.

honestly, if you're stuck, your best bet is to just experiment.

Save new, separate copies of your work, and then you don't have to be afraid to make broad strokes over something you've spent a lot of fine tuning on. Helps me a lot, I'm always afraid of losing work, but it's all digital so there's no reason not to mess around and mangle it up if you're bored with the way things are turning out.
edit: that's if you're not writing things down on sheet music Idunnolol :V

BBS Signature

Response to Tips on how to continue my song?? 2015-03-13 06:54:52

Drop the bass.

p.s. ur gay