00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The LSD Music Thread.

3,862 Views | 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-12 22:57:29

Nope, the thread name isn't misleading at all. People call me that on Newgrounds, I promise! XD

Anywho. I guess I might as well start by saying a few things about myself.
I am a weird guy from Finland who does everything from blogging, to creating games, to composing music. I've had a relatively calm and happy life, with few ups and dows, apart from the lowest low, which was when I had to spend half a year in the army due to a stupid law, and the highest of highs, when I finally got to leave that hell :p

As this is the music thread though, I think we best focus on the music, no?

I've been playing the piano for 6 years now. It is the only intrument that I am actually capable of playing with any level of skill at all (well, I guess I could play an organ and xylophones and such, but still...). My father has always been playing music from all the different eras 24/7 though, so I've heard every genre, and have subconsciously become pretty good at finding good chords and melodies.
I've been composing music for about 4 years. For those of you whom are brave enough, you could try serching for my first ever piano composition among my 67 uploads thus far (that is, if you want your ears to bleed).

If you want to listen to a much more more up to date piano composition (which actually sounds quite good), take a listen to this :3!

I don't think there's much else to be said.
I'd appreciate feedback on the track which I finished today, made with EWQLSO:

Thank you!

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-12 23:07:43

Woooah, dude...you're tracks are so...juicy. I'm shaking. Feel my skin. Doesn't it feel funny to you? Why is my head a triangle?

BBS Signature

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-12 23:13:29

At 3/12/15 11:07 PM, FinaLee wrote: Woooah, dude...you're tracks are so...juicy. I'm shaking. Feel my skin. Doesn't it feel funny to you? Why is my head a triangle?

Dude, you need to cut down on the amount of LSD...

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-13 04:25:02

Neat stuff you got there!

+1follow!

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-13 05:13:21

So you had some influences

BBS Signature

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-13 10:02:13

At 3/13/15 04:25 AM, Phyrnna wrote: Neat stuff you got there!

+1follow!

Thank you! You have tons of amazing stuff as well!

*would follow if was not already following ;)*
At 3/13/15 05:13 AM, eatmeatleet wrote: So you had some influences

Don't we all need our influences from time to time...? XD

At 3/13/15 09:37 AM, dem0lecule wrote: I'll leave the review on "Conquest of the Uncharted" once I get sometime this afternoon asap. Great work, and I wish it could be longer.

Thank you! No hurry :D
I wish I could've made it longer too, but I've got many other things I need to get done :)

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-13 10:31:25

I'm not sure why I haven't followed you yet! Your work is great! +1 follower. :)

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:

[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-13 10:51:25

At 3/13/15 10:31 AM, Neon-Bard wrote: I'm not sure why I haven't followed you yet! Your work is great! +1 follower. :)

Thanks dude!
I actually was thinking of "Temple of Illusions" a bit while thinking of orchestral/world music inspiration from Newgrounds. The atmosphere is simply amazing in it :D

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-13 11:52:12 (edited 2015-03-13 11:52:32)

At 3/12/15 11:13 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote:

Probably not the best advertising method for you.

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-13 12:56:00

At 3/13/15 11:52 AM, LunacyEcho wrote:
At 3/12/15 11:13 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote:
Probably not the best advertising method for you.

Telling people not to get too obsessed with me? I suppose you're right XD

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-13 14:35:48

Hey there, welcome to the music thread bandwagon!

As soon as I read your thread title I thought of LSD Dream Emulator instead, you might want to check that game out if you haven't heard of it.

Also +1

BBS Signature

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-13 16:28:19 (edited 2015-03-13 16:28:31)

At 3/13/15 02:35 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote: Hey there, welcome to the music thread bandwagon!

As soon as I read your thread title I thought of LSD Dream Emulator instead, you might want to check that game out if you haven't heard of it.

Also +1

Thanks!
And whoa, You've got some awesome loops and music too!

I checked out some clips of the game (I actually still have my ps1 at home), and it looked very interesting indeed o.O

reverse + 1

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-13 16:36:27

At 3/13/15 04:28 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: Thanks!
And whoa, You've got some awesome loops and music too!

Thank you! I will check your stuff as soon as I can

I checked out some clips of the game (I actually still have my ps1 at home), and it looked very interesting indeed o.O

Haha, this game is crazy. It gained a bit of cult status due to let's players making videos about it.

BBS Signature

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-15 09:06:25

Your music is quite amazing. Very uplifting.

btw has anyone ever tried doing lsd and making music because I know a guy who claims to do this but I think he's full of shit.

BBS Signature

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-15 10:22:06

At 3/15/15 09:06 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Your music is quite amazing. Very uplifting.
btw has anyone ever tried doing lsd and making music because I know a guy who claims to do this but I think he's full of shit.

Thank you, Magical-Zorse :3

I'm sure it has happened tons of tons of times...

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-15 14:47:49 (edited 2015-03-15 14:48:09)

Both those tracks totally kills it :O. i'm seriously shivering over here, don't get how you manage to do that with every single track. Serious talent you have Lucid :D!

Just a random idiot

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-03-15 18:17:07

At 3/15/15 02:47 PM, Ectisity wrote: Both those tracks totally kills it :O. i'm seriously shivering over here, don't get how you manage to do that with every single track. Serious talent you have Lucid :D!

Why thank you, Ectisity :3
You know, you've got tons of talent yourself. You're several years younger than me (and I am considered young), yet you are much better at producing music than me (quite objectively). You have a great sense for melody and composition as well, so I'm sure you'll go far!
Only thing I could recommend is to try broadening your genres and getting out of your comfort zone XD That of course, is only if you want to become better than great. You've already pretty much mastered dance music :p

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-04-04 21:39:32

I feel like that first son could be on the 'requiem for a dream' soundtrack. Great stuff! +1 more

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-04-04 22:29:41

At 4/4/15 09:39 PM, XmemoriesofmelodiesX wrote: I feel like that first song could be on the 'requiem for a dream' soundtrack. Great stuff! +1 more

Thank you! I like that soundtrack, and of course, most of all I like the variations of the main theme :3
I'm actually working slowly on another piano piece at the moment, but I decided to go much simpler, as many people seem to enjoy simple and clear piano songs like "Kiss the Rain", as opposed to some of my more complicated tracks.

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-04-05 08:20:07

At 4/5/15 12:42 AM, dem0lecule wrote: I think your decision to upgrade your arsenal really change your production skills and style a lot. It was like all that power of your were waiting to be unchained and unleashed.

Thank you, and yes. In order to gain something, you need to sacrifice sometihng. Luckily, in my case, it was only money :p

I would say that the same is true for you as well, but to an even greater extent!!! After you bought a lot of expensive instruments, you started putting out a lot (A LOT) of extremely epic songs, perhaps starting with "Into the Sky"
Even if your songs were amazing to begin with, this is the point where you production took several steps up :D

I'd like to make something new with Cubase soon, but I will have to wait a few weeks, as I have a concert coming up (with a big band orchestra) in the middle of April, so I need to focus on that. I'm still making a small piano piece on the side though :)

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-05-13 10:54:09

Hi again all you cool people :p

I just uploaded a new track, and I'd appreciate if you listened to it, and in the best case scenario perhaps even left a review stating what you think of it :D

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-05-20 18:26:48

At 5/16/15 10:30 AM, dem0lecule wrote:
I second this. This piece by LSD is very good and you won't be disappointed by it.

Thanks dude!

Now, I also uploaded what is probably one of the longest tracks and improvisations on Newgrounds :D
For as long as your attention span can take, check it out:

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-06-13 07:53:41

It is time to post what is easily the best orchestral track I've ever worked on.

@dem0lecule and I have spent hours upon hours of chatting and working, and together, we created a 6 minutes long track for the Newgrounds Inspired Music Contest.

We'd both appreciate if you took the time to check it out and perhaps even leave a review featuring your thoughts. Thank you!

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-07-10 07:11:29

Happy Robot Day 2015 :D!
This is most likely my best electronic track up to date, hehhe. Enjoy ;)

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-08-17 20:36:03

Woo, hahha. I almost forgot to update this :D

Two awesome things happened recently!

I scored a wonderful game called Bubbleboy, made by Chaz.
Here's the main loop playing in the game:

And other than that, I worked together with dem0lecule once again, and made a dark track for the first round of NGADM 2015!

Thanks a lot for checking them out ;)

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-09-08 20:36:15

Once again, we're here huh?
Well, just so happens, I've made my best and most complex (almost rhymes too) orchestrated track thus far. I'd be very happy if you took 3 minutes of your day, to check it out. Who knows, maybe you'll like it?

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-09-08 22:36:08

came here for music to listen to music enjoyable while on LSD. Was not disappointed.

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2015-09-08 22:43:52

At 9/8/15 10:36 PM, aliaspharow wrote: came here for music to listen to music enjoyable while on LSD. Was not disappointed.

Thanks! Glad to hear that the treatment was effective ;)

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2016-03-16 12:21:52

Whoah, it sure has been a while since I used this thread. But I just remembered that it exists. I probably wouldn't be bumping this, except for the fact that a new chapter in my online life that is noteworthy enough, has arised. I've made tons of solo piano compositions and posted them here on NG before, but after many people convincing me, I've started uploading videos of me playing the piano to my youtube channel. It's nothing big yet, and it might never be (I'll always be here on Newgrounds anyway). But I'm happy I started to upload my music and covers, either way. If anyone is interested to see an example, I just uploaded my latest composition yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFFRyZQYi74

I wonder where this jorney will take me :3
Hopefully, in the very least, I have even more of an incentive to practice playing the piano now, well enough to not make many mistakes :D

Response to The LSD Music Thread. 2017-01-21 14:38:41

It has been close to a year since I last posted here. But I decided to drop my newest composition here today:

It was composed with a purpose in mind, you see. I don't want to bother people in any of the bigger forums about this, but that piece is my way of spreading the word, of a friend's difficulties in her current situation in life. If you happen to come across this, perhaps you'd be kind enough to check out this link:

https://www.gofundme.com/medical-residential-emergency/

And if you feel like it, mayhaps you'll listen to the song as well :)
Have a good day!