00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

is it just me or... 2015-03-12 01:00:08

Is there something I need to do. From my personal stats of trying to watch stuff on here about 90% of the movies, and games don't work on my tablet. Almost everything say this is not compatible with this device, even writing this statement is a painful endeavor. I used to be on here often when I was in college now I'm back because I'm looking for something to do. Is there a mode I need to watch this stuff in. I don't own a computer someone please help me.

Response to is it just me or... 2015-03-12 21:04:42

At 3/12/15 01:00 AM, goddiva wrote: Is there something I need to do. From my personal stats of trying to watch stuff on here about 90% of the movies, and games don't work on my tablet. Almost everything say this is not compatible with this device, even writing this statement is a painful endeavor. I used to be on here often when I was in college now I'm back because I'm looking for something to do. Is there a mode I need to watch this stuff in. I don't own a computer someone please help me.

Movies are more on the person who made the movie since there's the Swivel tool to convert swf animations to mp4 videos. If there's interactivity, though, then that's not an option. Most games here are flash, so you're out of luck in general, but html5 submissions work okay. There just aren't many people who make games with it here.

Response to is it just me or... 2015-03-13 18:19:20 (edited 2015-03-13 18:22:27)

If you're using a tablet with Android, maybe you haven't installed Flash? Most content here is still in Flash. I don't get why Adobe officially dropped support for it on Android, but plenty of the popular browsers (like FireFox) do still support the plugin if you manually install it. Adobe have some instructions for it here. You could also install a browser with Flash built-in, like Now Browser. Running submissions using Unity might be a bit more difficult, I have no idea how that'd work on a tablet, but considering Unity games can be pretty slow even on a regular computer I assume they might not work at all. There some HTML5 content too, but it's still pretty rare; not possible to filter out from other content forms.

Hope that helps? I had some Internet trouble for a while, had to resort to my cellphone to reach the site, and though it really isn't optimized for mobile overall (filling in forms was probably the hardest part), watching the content was no problem at all. Just took a little longer to load.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature