00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Male jewelry.

2,071 Views | 24 Replies

Male jewelry. 2015-03-11 20:01:57

I really have no idea why I even want to know people's opinions on this, so I won't bother writing any sort of introductory reasoning for it and just get to the point for once:

What's your opinion on male jewelry? Anything from ear piercings to studded jackets that are more metal than leather counts as jewelry here. Like it, wear it, collect it, etc.? How much is too much? Is there anything that just doesn't work / shouldn't exist in your opinion?

I used to like little tribal pendants. The kind you get as a crappy holiday souvenir in the Mediterranean. Some of them lasted a surprisingly long time too, but wear and tear and no real opportunity to replace them saw me sort of sub-consciously ditch them a while ago. My favourite one looked very similar to the one below. Post pics of your random bling if you can and / or want to. Because why not.

Male jewelry.

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-11 20:11:44

Nothing wrong with it as long as you don't overdo it. Same as with anything.

You probably shouldn't be wearing ten huge crosses, two double-finger rings on each hand, and a huge diamond-encrusted belt buckle unless you're a rap artist or a pimp though.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-11 20:19:38

Like someone else said as long as you're not wearing it in excess then there's nothing wrong with it. i've always thought most guys look better with silver jewelry rather than gold

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-11 20:30:40 (edited 2015-03-11 20:31:06)

I usually wear a watch but I have no real use for time at the moment so just wear this bracelet thing someone made for me. It's in tatters, and very much on its last legs. Two months old, it is.

Went through a phase of wearing those pendant things when I was quite young, but not a fan now.

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-11 20:41:38

My mother makes/sells jewelry for a living and she has a shit ton of men's jewelry. I think it's pretty cool, and it's doubly cool to see like super tough looking dudes walk up to her table at a fair and buy an earring/bracelet set.

It's all preference but generally I see the trend that guys like:
VERY simple
Leather or hemp
Earth tones - black, brown, greens and reds close to brown
Bulky
Big nature-themed pendants
Little or no beadwork, or if there is beadwork it has to be wood beads

(>'-')>

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-11 21:46:57

I always wear a watch, that's about it though.

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-11 21:51:48

that shits gay.

you really have a shit taste

Male jewelry.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-11 22:11:04

My preference is for things that are tasteful, simple, and elegant. Some jewelry is worn for sentimental purposes, but most is to make an impression on people. Same goes for clothing. It tells people your tastes, or lack there of, in life. You want to be seen as a gang-banging thug? Get a gold grill, chunky bling, and a jersey. Add a gun for authenticity. In this day and age you can pretend to be whomever you want, just dress the part and have a good cover story.

Also here is a silver chain I got for my twelfth birthday when I was in Mexico, and my graduation ring, which is white gold, onyx, and diamonds. I always wear the ring around the chain so I never have to be without it.

Male jewelry.

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-11 22:15:34

The only jewelry I wear is my skull ring. S'got a skull on an iron cross and I got it for free.
Did have a biggish Ankh necklace with a big fake purple gem in the center before. But it broke.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-11 23:27:01

I never cared for jewellery, a waste of money spent on something that doesn't give any actual benefits, why would I wear a necklace if I could wear a scarf that would actually help warm my neck on a cold day, likewise with long sleeves / gloves over a bracelet or rings. Anything requiring piercings and shit are just plain retarded, don't ruin your body by making holes in it so you can stick useless things in it.

The only thing I would make an exception for would be an engagement / wedding ring if I get married, since that is a traditional thing to have in such situations. I still wouldn't want to waste more money on it than needed though, a simple ring of silver that won't break and is comfortable would suffice. Even then I wouldn't wear it ALL the time, like at home it can be put away so I can enjoy my hands not being annoyed by a piece of metal on them.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-11 23:43:48

i have a spiderman chain wallet lol, but i don't wear any bracelets, i literally lost my only braclet, it had wooden skulls, gah it was cool.

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-12 00:30:54

At 3/12/15 12:12 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: I am always looking for those rings with individual letters on them so that I can get four and spell out the word "cunt"

Would these do?

i swear to god. if that link doesn't work....

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-12 00:42:26

Sometimes you gotta bring out the gold chains and large diamond earrings to cover up your insecurities regarding money and status

I don't know why I'm still here

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-19 08:17:10

only kid in my family that doesnt have some kind of piercing

guess i would consider it but it doesnt seem my style, other than that i dont really have jewelry besides a watch

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-19 08:27:01

Male jewelry is not gay. It can be tacky but not gay.

Fucking some dudes ass, that is gay.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-19 09:15:12

It's cool if it's cultural related.
If you're doing it because you're rich, you should go fuck yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-19 10:00:30

You can wear jewelry if you want. IDGAF

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-19 11:09:10

Soo 90's.

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-19 11:52:09

I dig enchanted rings
the real deal, not the fake wannabes

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-19 12:00:16

At 3/11/15 08:04 PM, Cordyceps wrote: Gaaaaaaaaayy

Male jewelry is kinda fruity.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-19 12:01:37

At 3/19/15 11:56 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I got a bloodstone, carved his sigil into it and then burned black hellebore into it. I then sealed that in with a lacquer and burned cinnmon into it whilst praying to him to imbibe the stone with protection from his "gifts". I lacquered it gin and it was good to go.

Cool. Is it constant effect or cast on use?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-19 22:59:57

At 3/19/15 07:17 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: ah, that's another story.. rings are always socially acceptable. unless they happen to be the friendship ring with pink heart emblem on it or some other weird ass shit.. then people think it's still gay.

Pfff pink heart rings are the manliest thing I've ever seen in my entire life!

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-19 23:03:21

I really hope that the whole "getting your penis pierced to wear jewelry" thing is dead.

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-19 23:19:51

At 3/19/15 11:03 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: I really hope that the whole "getting your penis pierced to wear jewelry" thing is dead.

It's been a thing for hundreds of years.
I don't think it's going to stop any time soon.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Male jewelry. 2015-03-20 13:38:49 (edited 2015-03-20 13:39:56)

I never liked jewelry on anyone.
Waste of rock and metal is what it is as far as I'm concerned.