00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

why do mens clothes suck so bad

937 Views | 18 Replies

why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 18:32:19

before any fashon savy guys rant about there outfits being this seasons must have and how much it cost them i must explain that i do not mean rgulair cloths in the title. what i am refering to is sub cultures like punk, goth, lolita, gothic lolita and so on. in these groups often the females have a large aray of highly creative outfits and accesorys that look really fun and unique but often the guys have a very limited selection of truly unique cloths.

usually they get a a few t-shirts and jeans in some of them a nice looking suit maybe but thats about it after that it just looks like the same stuff with a different image on it. seriously why dont people design really cool guy clothes for these subcultures beyond just modifying some t shirts and the same suit slightly over and over again so guys can get into it and have fun. well guys who aren't trannys anyway.

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 18:35:57

Men have punk and goth clothes, so you didn't really make a good case for your perception.

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 18:36:44

At 3/11/15 06:32 PM, nanocon wrote: before any fashon savy guys rant about there outfits being this seasons must have and how much it cost them i must explain that i do not mean rgulair cloths in the title. what i am refering to is sub cultures like punk, goth, lolita, gothic lolita and so on. in these groups often the females have a large aray of highly creative outfits and accesorys that look really fun and unique but often the guys have a very limited selection of truly unique cloths.

usually they get a a few t-shirts and jeans in some of them a nice looking suit maybe but thats about it after that it just looks like the same stuff with a different image on it. seriously why dont people design really cool guy clothes for these subcultures beyond just modifying some t shirts and the same suit slightly over and over again so guys can get into it and have fun. well guys who aren't trannys anyway.

Most men just wear the basic attire to show they are your average man.

A true man though, knows what to wear. Colourful flares may as well be an arrow pointing at my 10 inch fashion model, telling my woman her tight wardrobe is going to have it's sides massages by the thickness. You dig?

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 18:43:29

I actually have this conversation all the time and was thinking of posting a thread about it last night.

Men's fashion is... Limited at best. Even outside of normal clothing, women have infinitely more options. But as was said it's because most guys want to just look "normal." Dressing up is super fucking homosexual apparently. Only gay guys are allowed to wear anything other than jeans and t-shirts. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.

(>'-')>

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 18:43:42

If you want unique, make it yourself. You don't get more unique than that. Also a start-up designer wants to appeal to the masses, and designers who are established wouldn't want to dirty their hands with weird shit like that. So the options of who would design and endorse men's sub-culture clothing is pretty much limited to musicians and actors, because they're really the only ones who stand to profit from it.

BBS Signature

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 19:10:56

i dunno man, but i hope we can find a solution

BBS Signature

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 19:22:42

This is why I wear Hawaiian shirts. Thy're colorful, which if you have no idea how else to put color in an outfit works. Also they're a good indication of not caring what people think, but not in the I spent two hours making my hair look like I just got out of bed way.
I actually wore one to a funeral once. It was an old family friend, used to me parents next door neighbor, and she was over 80 at the time. Instead of wearing a suit my mother actually suggested that I just wear slacks with a black and grey Hawaiian shirt because "She wouldn't have wanted somber." And I have to agree she wouldn't have.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 19:32:52

At 3/11/15 06:43 PM, Zhon wrote: But as was said it's because most guys want to just look "normal." Dressing up is super fucking homosexual apparently. Only gay guys are allowed to wear anything other than jeans and t-shirts.

I either dress normal or wear as little clothing as possible.

I don't dress like a woman, or even a flamboyant homo for that matter.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 19:33:44

Like the others have been saying, most guys prefer (or the regular fashion industry thinks most guys prefer) to dress as ordinary as possible: jeans and tees or khakis and sportshirts. The key word back there was "most". There's fewer potential buyers (or so the industry guesses) for men's eccentric clothes, so they simply choose not to make it and risk it not selling.

Meanwhile, women are much more culturally allowed/encouraged to dress eccentrically and accessorize. If you want more fun clothes for men to wear, you have two choices: make it yourself, or push for a cultural change where men can have more fun clothes. Maybe they're the same choice.

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 19:36:52

I dunno, I'm satisfied with mens clothes. I like collecting different kinds of suits and business casual attire.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 19:39:44

At 3/11/15 07:33 PM, ZeroSifr wrote: make it yourself, or push for a cultural change where men can have more fun clothes. Maybe they're the same choice.

Maybe it should be like "Burning Man" where you can wear whatever the fuck you want, or nothing at all.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 19:55:46

At 3/11/15 07:12 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: vivienne westwood makes a lot of cool stuff for men

What I hate fashion but want every jacket on that page

I preferred life when I didn't want a bunch of £1000 jackets

I'd look great in this

I also kind of want the white one-piece suit with "I <3 Crap" on it, but it seems inexplicably to only come in baby sizes

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 20:28:01

Because dudes don't exactly have assets like dudettes have.

that being said, there should probably be more cock orientated clothing like their is boob orientated clothes.

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 20:33:10

Ugh. I don't think you even understand what punk or goth even mean.

What's more punk? ... Buying your outfit at, say, Hot Topic, or making it yourself? (Hint: making it yourself)

It seems you have mistaken posers for punks and goths. You've most likely never met an actual punk or goth person.

So the reason those clothes don't exist is really because
a) They're not mainstream
and
b) They don't even appeal to the subcultures you seem to think they'd appeal to.

So really the only market for these products would be
c) Posers

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 23:01:26

At 3/11/15 07:29 PM, Nebula wrote: Women's clothes have issues too, do i even have to go into bra sizes?

I think I can speak for my fellow NGers when I say that there are a lot of busty men on this site. Personally, I'm a double D, but forget trying to find mens' bras anywhere because they don't sell them.

Think about that for a second... society doesn't even let us contain our ample bosoms just because we have penii.

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 23:04:29

there's quite a few chunkers here on this message board. i imagine they might have a hard time finding a fashion style that they like, with their low self esteem and all

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 23:10:24

Because in today's society, a man can be either of two things, basic or gay.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-11 23:19:14

look in my underwear drawer and you will find nothing but P-A-N-T-I-E-S!!!

<3

Response to why do mens clothes suck so bad 2015-03-12 01:07:17

At 3/11/15 06:32 PM, nanocon wrote: before any fashon savy guys rant about there outfits being this seasons must have and how much it cost them i must explain that i do not mean rgulair cloths in the title. what i am refering to is sub cultures like punk, goth, lolita, gothic lolita and so on. in these groups often the females have a large aray of highly creative outfits and accesorys that look really fun and unique but often the guys have a very limited selection of truly unique cloths.

Have you ever visited tumblr? idk mane this is pretty cool to me, it's all about them different materials and such

I don't know why I'm still here

BBS Signature