00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"women are superior to men"

4,456 Views | 77 Replies

"women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:05:50

You heard right, folks. According to some idiot with a degree, men are biologically inferior.

Here's the full text of the article:

"Hillary Clinton seems to be preparing to run for president, and the former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina may yet enter the race on the Republican side. Whoever wins the White House in 2016, today it seems easily possible that within the next decade, the U.S. will follow Britain, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, India, Israel, Thailand, Norway and dozens of other countries in electing a woman to our most powerful office.

Can we predict the consequences? Yes, we can—and the news is good.

Research has found that women are superior to men in most ways that will count in the future, and it isn’t just a matter of culture or upbringing—although both play their roles. It is also biology and the aspects of thought and feeling shaped by biology. It is because of chromosomes, genes, hormones and brain circuits.

And no, by this I don’t mean what was meant by patronizing men who proclaimed the superiority of women in the benighted past—that women are lofty, spiritual creatures who must be left out of the bustle and fray of competitive life, business, politics and war, so that they can instill character in the next generation. I mean something like the opposite of that.

All wars are boyish. People point to Margaret Thatcher, Indira Gandhi and Golda Meir as evidence that women, too, can be warlike. But these women were perched atop all-male hierarchies confronting other hypermasculine political pyramids, and they were masculinized as they fought their way to the top.

There is every reason to think that a future national hierarchy staffed and led by women who no longer have to imitate men, dealing with other nations similarly transformed, would be less likely to go to war. But that’s not all. Sex scandals, financial corruption and violence are all overwhelmingly male.

We must give up the illusion of sameness between the sexes. The mammalian body plan is basically female. The reason males exist is that a gene on the Y chromosome derails the basic genetic plan. It causes testes to form, and they produce testosterone while suppressing female development.

Testosterone goes to the brain in late prenatal life and prepares the hypothalamus and amygdala for a lifetime of physical aggression and a kind of sexual drive that is detached from affection and throws caution to the winds. (I know, not all men, but way too many.) By contrast, almost all women, protected from that hormonal assault, have brains that take care of business without this kind of distracting and destructive delirium.

Our own species hasn’t always suffered from male supremacy. Among our hunter-gatherer ancestors, living in small, mobile communities, group decisions were made face to face, among men and women who knew each other intimately. Men tried to dominate, but it wasn’t easy. They could show off by hunting, but war, that universal booster of male status, wasn’t common.

This changed when hunter-gatherers settled in larger, denser populations. Such cultures could have nobles, commoners and slaves, and they made war often. Men became more aloof from families, and women increasingly became the objects of male strife. Politics became a male game, played in public spaces where men could shame and exclude women, and these tendencies grew more powerful with the rise of farming and chiefdoms and empires.

The Bible, the Iliad, the great Indian epics—all of them are full of sex and violence. I don’t know whether Helen’s face was what launched a thousand Greek ships against Troy. I don’t know whether David really fell in love with Bathsheba and had her soldier-husband sent to die at the front, or if Solomon had seven hundred wives. But all the evidence suggests the plausibility of such stories, and this culture of male domination didn’t come to an end with the ancients. It prevailed throughout the middle ages and the Renaissance as well.

But then what happened? Why did some men begin at last to let go of their privileges?

The great transformation of the past two centuries—the slow but relentless decline of male supremacy—can be attributed in part to the rise of Enlightenment ideas generally. The liberation of women has advanced alongside the gradual emancipation of serfs, slaves, working people and minorities of every sort.

But the most important factor has been technology, which has made men’s physical strength and martial prowess increasingly obsolete. Male muscle has been replaced to a large extent by machines and robots. Today, women operate fighter jets and attack helicopters, deploying more lethal force than any Roman gladiator or Shogun warrior could dream of.

As women come to hold more power and public authority, will they become just like men? I don’t think so. Show me a male brain, and I will show you a bulging amygdala—the brain’s center of fear and violence—densely dotted with testosterone receptors. Women lack the biological tripwires that lead men to react to small threats with exaggerated violence and to sexual temptation with recklessness.

Growing evidence shows that women leaders operate differently. The government shutdown of October 2013 ended, despite a complete congressional impasse, when three women Republican Senators broke ranks from their party. Two women Democrats followed their lead, and men on both sides came along. The bipartisan committee that worked on the final deal was gender balanced, but John McCain perceptively joked that the women were taking over.

Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, who had started it all by courageously calling for compromise, told a reporter, “I don’t think it’s a coincidence…. Although we span the ideological spectrum, we are used to working together.” While male colleagues crossed their arms and sulked, women crossed the aisle with phone calls, email and social media. The men saw a deal they could live with and followed suit.

What about women in executive office? There are not yet enough women heads of state to study them systematically, but there are enough in other governing roles. In a 2006 study, political scientist Lynne Weikart and her colleagues surveyed 120 mayors—65 women and 55 men—in comparable cities of over 30,000. Women mayors were far more likely to alter the budget process and seek broad participation.

Perhaps it is time for us to consider returning to the hunter-gatherer rules that prevailed for 90% of human history: women and men working at their jobs, sharing, talking, listening and tending children. Men didn’t strongly dominate because they couldn’t; women’s voices were always there, speaking truth to male power every night around the fire. There was violence, and it was mainly male, but it was mostly random, accident more than ideology.

Women won’t make a perfect world, but it will be less flawed than the one that men have made and ruled these thousands of years. My grandson, I think, will be happy in the new world. It will be better for him because women will contribute so much more to running it.

— Dr. Konner is a professor in the department of anthropology and the program in neuroscience and behavioral biology at Emory University. This essay is adapted from his new book, “Women After All: Sex, Evolution and the End of Male Supremacy.”"

Source: http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-better-world-run-by-women-1425657910
By Melvin Konner
March 6, 2015 11:05 a.m. ET

TL;DR: Men are evil mistakes of nature who should never have existed. Women will rule the world and all war, poverty, and hatred will be eliminated.

What do you NGers think? Is it really reasonable to give up the idea of gender equality because Dr. Chodechoker here is a massive sub? Or is this guy just as much a quack as he sounds?

Discuss.

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:12:23

At 3/10/15 07:07 PM, SentForMe wrote: Wouldn't it have been easier to just post a link to the article?

Maybe I'm blind and stupid, but that sure looked like a link at the bottom. Maybe the article is right.

But seriously... I don't care. We needed certain skills to get to this point in history. Perhaps we need new skills to get reach further. That said... it's just one study, and I haven't read the entire article yet. I've heard all sorts of things that could change the world, but they don't pan out in the long run.

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:17:14

At 3/10/15 07:12 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 3/10/15 07:07 PM, SentForMe wrote: Wouldn't it have been easier to just post a link to the article?
From the sounds of it I wouldn't want to give this guy the traffic.

That was my thinking. I included the link as a source, but I don't think that the Wallstreet Journal should be getting hits for publishing this garbage.

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:19:08

Editorial clickbait, and someone getting a book deal out of peddling a theory they don't even have any faith in.

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:19:54

superior at making sandwiches amirite?

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:20:52

i'm superior to everybody so this news is trash to me.

BBS Signature

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:22:44

At 3/10/15 07:21 PM, MrPercie wrote:
Also, women are superior, thats why men demean them, rape them and make them housewifes so they can never fully control us.

I thought humans did all that because they're mean and crazy bastards.

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:25:58

if women are better, why is their minimum fitness standard in the Air Force 38 situps and 18 pushups as opposed to the still easy as all fuck male standard of 42 situps and 33 pushups

checkmate

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:27:18

At 3/10/15 07:24 PM, MrPercie wrote:
They're also power hungry, and could not bare for a women to be above them, so they swing their enormous genitals, beating the woman down where they believe she belongs

Reminds of that old myth about Lilith wanting to be on top of Adam during sex, so God cursed her to give birth to monsters or something. "Missionary or ELSE!"

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:28:11

Women enjoy sex better than men. (I saw a documentary on National Geographic with proof of this)

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:29:19

How is this news, this has always been the case

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:31:02

He makes some valid points. A world with just women, there probably wouldn't be war. Men like violence, women are more passive.

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:31:46

At 3/10/15 07:29 PM, FoAngel wrote: How is this news, this has always been the case

But there are more male serial killers then female, so check and mate!

Wait...

Maybe men are just terrible... or women are better at covering their tracks...

looks out window, hides under bed

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:39:27

At 3/10/15 07:31 PM, someaveragechap wrote: But there are more male serial killers then female, so check and mate!
Wait...
Maybe men are just terrible... or women are better at covering their tracks...

But what causes most serial killers to become killers, usually the women in their lives so we even control that, perhaps we create serial killers so that we dont have to do the dirty work

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:39:29

At 3/10/15 07:28 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Women enjoy sex better than men. (I saw a documentary on National Geographic with proof of this)

This is somewhat true in that phallic orgasms are about equivalent to clitoral orgasms and vaginal orgasms elicit a much deeper and stronger pleasure, though men can also experience this through prostate stimulation. So take it up the butt, guys, it apparently feels amazing.

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 19:55:27

At 3/10/15 07:19 PM, JRob wrote: superior at making sandwiches amirite?

Nope, not since the best chefs in the world have been men.

As far as the whole whom is Superior to whom debate. Men have been the dominant gender in the majority of civilizations, and on a serious note I'd entertain what women functions are better at than men.

BBS Signature

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 20:17:36

I stopped reading at "Hillary Clinton"

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 20:24:36

At 3/10/15 08:21 PM, Xenomit wrote: Women are superior to men. They have the pootie. Men need the pootie. Therefore they are superior.

Aren't you forgetting gays and asexuals?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 20:25:44

its true

BBS Signature

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 20:27:31

At 3/10/15 08:21 PM, Xenomit wrote: Women are superior to men. They have the pootie. Men need the pootie. Therefore they are superior.

Reminds me of that Frasier joke:

"Women use sex to get what they want. Sex is what men want!"

Not sure if I quoted it right, but I do believe I'm somewhere in the ballpark.

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 20:33:06

I can beat women up

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 20:37:27

At 3/10/15 07:31 PM, FaroutFrank wrote: He makes some valid points. A world with just women, there probably wouldn't be war. Men like violence, women are more passive.

Everytime I see this "arguement" I just assume the person posting it has no idea what they are talking about.

ゴ ゴ ゴ The sig emmits a menacing aura... ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ

BBS Signature

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 20:40:48

At 3/10/15 08:37 PM, Joestar wrote:
At 3/10/15 07:31 PM, FaroutFrank wrote: He makes some valid points. A world with just women, there probably wouldn't be war. Men like violence, women are more passive.
Everytime I see this "arguement" I just assume the person posting it has no idea what they are talking about.

Where else did you see this argument? I'm pretty much the most original person on the planet, so I'm curious.

At 3/10/15 08:40 PM, FaroutFrank wrote:
Every time I see this "argument" I just assume the person posting it has no idea what they are talking about.
Where else did you see this argument? I'm pretty much the most original person on the planet, so I'm curious.

Because its assuming that all women are just flower loving pacifists. And lets say, women find a way to reproduce without men, and a nuke wipes out all men.
There are still fucked up in the head women who will murder the shit out of people for no reason.
There are still women that have economical needs and can only mug in order to get money, because you know, guns and knives exist.
There are still smart, and corrupt women that will fuck up governments for their benefit in a heartbeat.
Basically the same society with no dicks.

Edit: few spelling mistakes.

ゴ ゴ ゴ The sig emmits a menacing aura... ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ

BBS Signature

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 20:54:46

At 3/10/15 08:45 PM, Joestar wrote:
At 3/10/15 08:40 PM, FaroutFrank wrote:
Because its assuming that all women are just flower loving pacifists. And lets say, women find a way to reproduce without men, and a nuke wipes out all men.
There are still fucked up in the head women who will murder the shit out of people for no reason.
There are still women that have economical needs and can only mug in order to get money, because you know, guns and knives exist.
There are still smart, and corrupt women that will fuck up governments for their benefit in a heartbeat.
Basically the same society with no dicks.

Only 7% of the prisoner population is female. So the majority of them are not violent prone. There are no assumptions made here. I'm sure your basic logic skills can see this.

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 21:44:10

Hmmm... whoever wrote that article is one hell of an idiot.

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 22:16:13

At 3/10/15 07:55 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: I'd entertain what women functions are better at than men.

Childcare would be one

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 22:17:24

And the clash is superior to everyone so there.

BBS Signature

Response to "women are superior to men" 2015-03-10 22:36:00

Melvin Konner is an idiot and a heretic. To insist that women are superior to men because of the myth that all women means that things like war, starvation, and jealousy would disappear is not only wrong {so much evidence proves this man wrong} but also speaks of heresy.

The notion that females would be superior to men in everyday life as a whole is completely ludicrous, faulty and has been proven wrong for millennia and that will not change. {unless they somehow get some sort of power armor that only they can use} Did I mention that Konner's thesis is heresy, and you can't spell heresy without H-E-R?

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

womans do live longer and are less likely to get certain diseases and more liekly to survive them and female psychopaths apparently Sufferfrom clitoromegaly and share male traits Im compleletly support feminsm and none of that hog wash dominator male primate violence is going to stop it a woman is the embodiment of humaness down with apey looking retarded men . . . . . . . .