00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

being bi...

1,237 Views | 24 Replies

being bi... 2015-03-07 15:00:09

is... awesome right?

tell me when did you discover you were bi and tell me your experices?

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 15:07:24

not bi, but one of my favorite line-openers from a gay person is "so when did you tell your parents you were straight?"

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 15:36:38

Probably a high 1 low 2 myself on the Kinsey scale. Physical masculinity is not attractive to me, but does not necessarily preclude potential for sexual response. My attraction to the opposite sex is much stronger.

If you don't have any reason to abstain from homosexual relations (I do) then I imagine it is nice to have a broader variety of potential enjoyment.

being bi...

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 16:06:56

At 3/7/15 03:00 PM, ice78 wrote: is... awesome right?

Ha wow, I was hoping one of theses forums would come along on NewGrounds, because I found out that I was bi just about two weeks ago and I wanted to know how to know before you start telling people.

Ricky

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 16:25:57

At 3/7/15 04:21 PM, FudgeMellow wrote: So I'm not actually straight up bi, I'm some sort of awkward in between, really.

That IS bi

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 17:09:40

At 3/7/15 05:07 PM, FudgeMellow wrote: If you'd like a long lecture on the difference between things like biromantic vs bisexual & the existence of pansexual vs bisexual, then lemme know. I can oblige.

Let's try the latter one.

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 17:12:53

At 3/7/15 05:07 PM, FudgeMellow wrote:
At 3/7/15 04:25 PM, CorpseGrinderClock wrote:
At 3/7/15 04:21 PM, FudgeMellow wrote: So I'm not actually straight up bi, I'm some sort of awkward in between, really.
That IS bi
It's not actually. If you'd like a long lecture on the difference between things like biromantic vs bisexual & the existence of pansexual vs bisexual, then lemme know. I can oblige.

I remember when I thought bi and pansexual was the same thing now I know the differences, maybe you should tell him

Ricky

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 17:18:08

At 3/7/15 05:15 PM, FudgeMellow wrote: That help?

Seems to me that they are concepts that would mean the same thing if there was a set and agreed upon real definition of masculinity or femininity rather than what mostly amounts to a nebulous collection of cherrypicked mores.

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 17:18:14

When I was around 16 or 17, which considering how many obvious things pointed to it which I did and enjoyed, I probably should have figured it out earlier. so far I haven't had any sexual experiences or contact or even much erotic talking with females, so as far as whether I am gay or bi, I have no idea and probably will continue to not know. But I do enjoy writing lesbian stories and enjoying such thoughts, so to me the sex of the person is of little concern since what I truly care for is the love. A lesson for life.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 17:24:48

The water flows in many directions, the discrimination of the fountain is most despicable and may the re-population plan succeed infinitely we must encourage all forms of mating ceremonies

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 17:44:33

When I was around 16 or 17, which considering how many obvious things pointed to it which I did and enjoyed, I probably should have figured it out earlier. so far I haven't had any sexual experiences or contact or even much erotic talking with females, so as far as whether I am gay or bi, I have no idea and probably will continue to not know. But I do enjoy writing lesbian stories and enjoying such thoughts, so to me the sex of the person is of little concern since what I truly care for is the love. A lesson for life.

that sucks but you're not alone, When I was in junior high I experimented with a guy and it was easy because most parents just think there son is straight, but thats not the point my point is that we did all kinds of stuff other than the but stuff because we thought it was gay, ikr but after all that kind of stuff I still told myself I was not gay or even bi even tho I did that kind of stuff with some guy. So i'm sure you will find yourself.

Ricky

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 18:34:14

At 3/7/15 05:23 PM, FudgeMellow wrote: That's fair. I leave mulling over where to define gender & all that to the individual & let the chaos roar on. It's easier to just worry about one's own self instead.

This issue has been further confused by the separation of the concept of "gender" (in its increasingly prevalent non-synonymous usage) from biological sex, which--for the most part--is legitimately binary (i.e. XX vs. XY) and non-subjective. Those mores and the associated concepts of masculinity and femininity by which we have been defining "gender identity" can also largely be boiled down to generalizations and stereotypes about a given biological sex, something which is also a subject of contention (e.g. "blue is for boys pink is for girls" etc.).

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 19:33:06

I dunno, the guy that made this game had a rough time of it:

But he seems to be doing better now.

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 20:00:44

I used to think that I'm bisexual, decided to finaly sort it out. Discovered that I strongly prefer girls over dem other boys.
Then I read some psychologic shit about sexuality and learned that even heteros are sometimes attracted to thier own sex.
It's because we as a race are known for being suckers for shapes, features and symetry.

Our natural instinct is to observe and compare ourselves with the other members of our species.
Girl still checks out other girls and so do we.

Sometimes certain people begin to question themselves in regard to checking out the features on the same sex.
The weaker individuals assume that thier natural attraction to features,shapes and symetry makes them wrong.
They start to fear themselves and because they usualy have nobody to discuss this with or they cannot figure out how to interpret thier feelings. They end up thinking that they are gay or lesbian.

I believe that there is no such thing as gay, straight or bi. Its just a categorisation of something that was never truly researched.

I believe that it is our passion for symetry,shapes, features (not our sexuality) that determines whether we want to be with boys or girls.

I also don't believe that gays would never do it with a woman or lesbos with a man.
They wouldn't admitt it, because if they do, they would go against thier formed beliefs and ideals and they would feel that the rest of us would just laugh at them for this.

I was always interested in psychology and human behavior.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 20:04:46

At 3/7/15 07:33 PM, someaveragechap wrote:

I dunno, the guy that made this game had a rough time of it:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/653388
But he seems to be doing better now.

this game made me realize I was bi thats why I gave it 5 stars

Ricky

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 20:19:48

I consider myself bi-curious now instead of bisexual since I've never actually done anything with a girl... or guy. I wanna experiment but that ain't gonna happen. I don't really remember how I figured it out, I guess I just started showing more interest in girls or whatever. I don't know

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 20:27:00

At 3/7/15 08:26 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I'm straight-curious because I've never actually been sexually active yet. I wanna experiment but that won't happen til I'm older. I don't really know how I knew. I just started showing more interest in boys or something. I'm not sure.

#seehowdumbyousound

Ha ha ha

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 20:44:52

At 3/7/15 07:29 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Doesn't matter who I'm with I'll always be attracted to both and prefer women.

I apologize if what I'm about to ask sounds disrespectful or like pestering. I would never want to reduce someones sexuality to a curiosity. But when you said you prefer women what does that mean?
Obviously bisexuality isn't a line in the middle, there's that whole scale who's name I'm not looking up. But what does it imply, at least in your case, to prefer one but like both? Does it mean you on average find women to be more attractive? That you're simply more likely to be attracted to a woman on a numbers basis? Does it mean that a man entering relationship with you face some deficit in attraction or compatibility?
Again. I apologize if that came out wrong. I promise you it comes from a respectful search for understanding.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 21:03:01

At 3/7/15 08:44 PM, stafffighter wrote: Obviously bisexuality isn't a line in the middle, there's that whole scale who's name I'm not looking up

Kinsey

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 21:14:23

I thought i was for the longest time when i was younger, "dated" some women, then realised men were much more stimulating. But most of the time i think women are more fluid with their sexuality then men

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 21:19:14 (edited 2015-03-07 21:19:51)

At 3/7/15 09:14 PM, FoAngel wrote: I thought i was for the longest time when i was younger, "dated" some women, then realised men were much more stimulating. But most of the time i think women are more fluid with their sexuality then men

I wonder how much of that is reality and how much of that is due to the disparity in attitudes towards male and female homosexuality. I don't discount the possibility that women have potentially more morphic sexualities, but it's very hard to disentangle what trends of our behavior are biological in origin and which ones are psychological and sociological, especially when it comes to sex.

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 21:26:24

At 3/7/15 09:19 PM, CorpseGrinderClock wrote: I wonder how much of that is reality and how much of that is due to the disparity in attitudes towards male and female homosexuality. I don't discount the possibility that women have potentially more morphic sexualities, but it's very hard to disentangle what trends of our behavior are biological in origin and which ones are psychological and sociological, especially when it comes to sex.

I think there's still a stigma attached to being gay or bi, like when guys call each other "Faggots" because they've done something less than manly, society teaches men they are the stronger sex anything less than that is "girly". Its unfortunate but hopefully it will eventually change

Correct me if i'm wrong

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 21:36:50

i think everyone should stfu about their sexuality and listen to marven gaye.

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 21:50:00

At 3/7/15 09:26 PM, FoAngel wrote: I think there's still a stigma attached to being gay or bi, like when guys call each other "Faggots" because they've done something less than manly, society teaches men they are the stronger sex anything less than that is "girly". Its unfortunate but hopefully it will eventually change

Correct me if i'm wrong

Not at all, that's very much what I mean. Ironically enough, the disproportionate hatred towards male homosexuals is undoubtedly due in large part to misogyny.

BBS Signature

Response to being bi... 2015-03-07 21:50:26

I don't see how sexual preference matters. To his or her own.