00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Elitism

1,953 Views | 29 Replies

Elitism 2015-03-07 14:04:15

You know, I never thought Newgrounds was one for elitism. I won't point fingers at anyone or anything. But I gotta say, I've been getting those superior vibes from other Alphas. (Whoever you Alphas are)

So I need to ask, is anyone else seeing a state of Elitism here?

Here is how you detect Elitism over the net.
1. They have a superior mind complex (or at least believe they do) over the general populace
2. Mention specific people only, and never try to engage with the yokel peasants.
3. Are the Biggest Hug-Boxers out there. Literally will die for the circle-jerk.

Alright you are here reading this, and I sense you aren't elite because you decided that you'd see what this bullcrap is. So you see, you just being are not an Elite. Even if you think you are son.

Down with the Elites!!

Response to Elitism 2015-03-07 14:16:49

At 3/7/15 02:15 PM, Cordyceps wrote: There's no elitism on NG, the word you're looking for isn't "elitist", its "cocksucker".

Yea bro didn't you catch my sub text? But there are those hug-boxers man. They are the ones who remind me of Elitists.

Response to Elitism 2015-03-07 14:21:37

I absolutely hate elitism. Anyone who thinks themselves superior based solely on insignificant shit like sign up date, post count, level, who you know is just a cunt, end of.

They can take their snooty asses out of here. Newgrounds needs none of it.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Elitism 2015-03-07 14:24:25

you're no match for a super elite.

proceeds to spam your ass with 27 galick guns.

BBS Signature

Response to Elitism 2015-03-07 14:58:04

Okay I agree with 1 and 2, but I lost you at 3.

You're assuming that when you went to the internet to hide from bullies their wouldn't be any. You people make too many assumptions, every type of person is everywhere.

Response to Elitism 2015-03-07 15:07:40

the true elite dont need to present a false front like some of these regs do. true elitism is displayed through your actions, wisdom, and acts of valor

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Elitism 2015-03-07 15:10:16

Of course being a 06 user with a massive post count and high level stats and Supporter upgrade I can safely there is eljtism. This place needs more of it though.

Response to Elitism 2015-03-07 16:28:32 (edited 2015-03-07 16:28:43)

At 3/7/15 02:15 PM, Cordyceps wrote: There's no elitism on NG, the word you're looking for isn't "elitist", its "cocksucker".

I'm a fellatio elitist, i.e. a fellitist.

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Elitism 2015-03-07 17:08:27

At 3/7/15 03:15 PM, 24901miles wrote: I have no clue who you're referring to.

Do people actually do this or are you just making assumptions?

There are elites out there, and even here there are elites. Just ask Tony-Darkgrave. No, I don't make assumptions. I make observations. Oh, and I was referring to no one in particular, but if you want. I suppose I was referring to those who believe they are the "elite".

because Newgrounds is a fucking jungle... gotta watch your step...

Response to Elitism 2015-03-07 17:22:44

There are elites in each and every field of study, do not falter because you lack the resources they have obtained, do not be envious either, this envy is harrowing and will destroy you mentally, instead rejoice at the hands which lay the stone of your path

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 10:50:31

MATE

IF YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT ME YOU CAN SAY IT TO         MY FACE ALRIGHT

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 11:07:08

You all fucking suck and are inferior creatures to me!
And you know why?

Because I'm the HYPE!

BBS Signature

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 11:11:57

Personally that's why I think some of the casual users migrated somewhere else for those reasons. Back then some users were pretty mean-spirited to a lot of people and also excessive circle-jerking that made it hard for potential users to fit in the forum.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 11:25:10

hey look at im an attention whore!

BBS Signature

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 11:36:28

I'm pretty l33t i admit. pwning n00bs since 06 biatch

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 11:57:34

At 3/9/15 11:11 AM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Personally that's why I think some of the casual users migrated somewhere else for those reasons. Back then some users were pretty mean-spirited to a lot of people and also excessive circle-jerking that made it hard for potential users to fit in the forum.

People were pretty mean to me when I first came here, but some were also pretty nice, even though I was just a 14 years old dumbass.

I'm a big boy now and still here, unlike those cunts

BBS Signature

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 12:00:04

lol look at all these peasants complaining about elitism.

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 12:28:01

At 3/7/15 02:04 PM, Ketchemonia wrote: You know, I never thought Newgrounds was one for elitism. I won't point fingers at anyone or anything. But I gotta say, I've been getting those superior vibes from other Alphas. (Whoever you Alphas are)

So I need to ask, is anyone else seeing a state of Elitism here?

Here is how you detect Elitism over the net.
1. They have a superior mind complex (or at least believe they do) over the general populace
2. Mention specific people only, and never try to engage with the yokel peasants.
3. Are the Biggest Hug-Boxers out there. Literally will die for the circle-jerk.

Alright you are here reading this, and I sense you aren't elite because you decided that you'd see what this bullcrap is. So you see, you just being are not an Elite. Even if you think you are son.
Down with the Elites!!

There's a difference between elitism and a group of people who find themselves on friendly terms with each other, though many of the symptoms of elitism will be present in a community that fosters healthy friendships.
In your analysis, you haven't necessarily elucidated what makes one an elitist.

I think a lot of people fall into this. Taken by itself though, it doesn't translate directly to elitism; it's just an egotistic viewpoint. While ego is definitely part of the recipe, correlation in this case does not imply causation.

This, as well, does not imply elitism unless it's consistently done in comparative context and without consideration for the poster's relationship with the users they mention. Typically, people mention each other because they have a stimulating relationship, be they friends or rivals. The only time I would consider this to be edging on elitism is when the poster begins namedropping not for the sake of those (s)he mentions, but to prove to spectators that (s)he has those connections. It's fairly obvious when this happens.

My response to this coincides with the previous one. When a few users who view each other favorably find themselves conversing, you'll probably see plenty baseless reinforcement which is, whether used consciously or not, meant to embolden tenuous friendships. I feel that in this case, you're mistaking people who want to get along with people who want to be revered.

What really signifies elitism in a community is a mentality that doesn't just discourage new blood from contributing, but actively attempts to disallow it. Some people naturally tend to discourage others for plenty of possible reasons, but when fresh personalities are completely shut out from using resources the same way everyone else does, there's probably some group dynamic (elitism) at play which goes beyond the relatively disconnected aggressive tendencies of individuals.

So in the end, the reason new users may have difficulty acclimating here is not because they're actively repressed, but because the pool of older users is simply very close thanks to the small community. Once we have mods or admins going around deleting new users' posts and banning them for acting like old chums I'll admit we have a problem with elitism.

oh wait

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 12:48:11

At 3/9/15 12:28 PM, SuperBastard wrote: nonsensical bologna
I see your point, hence I didn't say bullshit rather bologna

It feels like you kinda just made my point for me without sounding like an asshole like I did. Thank you for your input.

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 12:58:55 (edited 2015-03-09 13:00:37)

At 3/9/15 12:48 PM, Ketchemonia wrote: It feels like you kinda just made my point for me without sounding like an asshole like I did. Thank you for your input.

Well I guess I was just defining what I think elitism is and how it's different from basic closeness in a community. Personally I don't think it's prevalent here, though there will always be evidence of it wherever you go.

Edit: Wanted to say I was just putting my thoughts out for whoever wants to to interpret and understand where I'm coming from.

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 14:05:14

Eliminating elites will reduce all to the lowest level. Without elites the best will equal the worst and none will aspire to progress.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 14:17:51

Audio portal was full of elitism, aristocratic nobility bullshit and lots of cock sucking.
It's geting better now but some people there are still uptight and fake.

Comunnity in General BBS is much more relaxed.

Ya don't want to be an unappealing music artist on newgrounds these days.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 14:24:28

OP wouldn't be complaining about elitism if all of his opinions and beliefs weren't so horribly wrong.

And it wouldn't hurt if he had an early sign-up date, higher post count, more powerful level / rank, etc.

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 14:32:25

At 3/9/15 02:24 PM, Bit wrote: OP wouldn't be complaining about elitism if all of his opinions and beliefs weren't so horribly wrong.

And it wouldn't hurt if he had an early sign-up date, higher post count, more powerful level / rank, etc.

But that's what makes me, me. Being horrifically wrong on every level. To the point where I am right.

also I choose to have such a low level. I miss my fucking lollipop.

And I am not complaining. Just speaking what is truth. If you feel offended about it. Deal with it.

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 14:38:09

At 3/9/15 02:32 PM, Ketchemonia wrote: And I am not complaining. Just speaking what is truth. If you feel offended about it. Deal with it.

I would never be offended by a lower being such as yourself.

I take pity on you and your incorrectness.

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 14:39:46

At 3/9/15 02:38 PM, Bit wrote:
At 3/9/15 02:32 PM, Ketchemonia wrote: And I am not complaining. Just speaking what is truth. If you feel offended about it. Deal with it.
I would never be offended by a lower being such as yourself.

I take pity on you and your incorrectness.

Yeah, then shut your trap.

Response to Elitism 2015-03-09 16:42:26

At 3/9/15 02:17 PM, Deshiel wrote: Audio portal was full of elitism, aristocratic nobility bullshit and lots of cock sucking.
It's geting better now but some people there are still uptight and fake.

That's not elitism, they just not know what they are talking about, it's cheap imitation.

Elitism goes to the other extreme.

Response to Elitism 2015-03-10 22:25:09

At 3/9/15 02:17 PM, Deshiel wrote: Ya don't want to be an unappealing music artist on newgrounds these days.

But... But I'M an unappealing music artist on newgrounds these days!

Response to Elitism 2015-03-11 00:48:45

At 3/10/15 10:25 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 3/9/15 02:17 PM, Deshiel wrote: Ya don't want to be an unappealing music artist on newgrounds these days.
But... But I'M an unappealing music artist on newgrounds these days!

Grab my hand lol I'll save u.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Elitism 2015-03-11 00:51:39

At 3/7/15 03:10 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Of course being a 06 user with a massive post count and high level stats and Supporter upgrade I can safely there is eljtism. This place needs more of it though.

I know right? lol

It's been a long time..This site has changed a lot!!

BBS Signature