00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

DL2Electron Music Thread!

1,199 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey Newsgrounds!

I've been casually goofing around with music for almost a decade now (rough estimate). But I started putting some serious time and effort producing music using FL Studio a couple of years back. I only ever had a few formal piano and drum lessons when I started producing and composing. I also know how to play the guitar...just about!

I compose a lot of styles of music so it is hard to categorise me...lol. Not saying I can do everything, but it is an ongoing learning process and I'm always up for a challenge composing new genres! Currently as of the date of posting this thread, I'm comfortable in composing Cinematic Orchestral, MIDI Orchestral, EDM, rock/metal, certain styles of Pop, Hip Hop, and electronic music.

Incase you haven't deduced already, I'm completely self taught knowing absolutely no music theory whatsoever. Not that I hold that as a badge of honour, but I am slowly dedicating some time learning music theory on the way just out of sheer guilt. I now know the names of some of the chords I play! :D

Fast forwarding things, it was not until 2014 did things start to pick up and I got drawn into the wonderful world of video game composing. Even though I have been inspired by loads of composers and artists so far in my life, I guess I have to give the trophy to.... Hiroyuki Sawano (澤野 弘之). I don't even know the dude and I never heard of him before in my life until...you guessed it. Attack on Titan..LOL. His music to that series was somehow the catalyst that inspired me to get off my ass and start composing seriously.

Anyway I've so far composed for a few indie games. I hope to compose for more projects in the future - possibly even for online videos, animations, trailers and indie films hopefully.

However right now I've taken a short break from composing for projects, mainly to build up on my skills. Alongside this, I'm focussing on releasing some solo albums - one was released a while back, and another one is in the works. Please check out my Newsgrounds profile to access my Soundcloud, YouTube, Bandcamp and other websites I may be on, if you wish to follow my updates. :)

Finally, I've included some links to my original songs uploaded on Newsgrounds below.

Thanks a lot for your taking the time to check out my music page. Please message me if you have any questions or requests! :)

Here are some more teasers I've uploaded if anyone is interested to have a listen. These may be removed once I upload the full versions of the songs in the near future.

Here is one of my songs from my first EP: "Edge of Freedom" which I released back in January 2015.

It is also available for free download (or pay as you want) on my bandcamp page. Links are on my Newsgrounds profile page.

I was also extremely lucky to have had this track accepted by one of the YouTube promoters for "Epic music". So far this song has received well over 10k views as an individual upload and over 130k views in this epic music playlist:

2-Hours Epic Music Mix | THE POWER OF EPIC MUSIC - Full Mix Vol. 3

I'm currently in the process of working on my 2nd EP/album, but it may take a while to release as theres still a lot to do.

However I will post teasers on Newsgrounds and Soundcloud every now and then.

Here is my remix to FFVII Crisis Core "The Price of Freedom". I actually made this back in 2011 but I didn't know about Newsgrounds back then!

Alright. So enough spamming from me for the day. Night!

I uploaded a new song. Its a slow paced epic cinematic with distorted guitars and piano, and I guess its kinda got an oriental feel to it.

Its been a while since I uploaded any new songs, so heres a piano improv I played live using a 25 key MIDI piano.

Yep. This is me trying to play the piano!