00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DoctorSpectre just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

March Challenge of the Month!

25,959 Views | 207 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-18 18:20:08

At 3/18/15 06:11 PM, newsarecoming wrote: You've finished it congratulations that pretty awsome and yeah adding more stuff to the background and rifining the (adding more details) will make it look incredible so good for you man

Well, it is half baked xD still need shades and stuff which is usually the most time taking process. I am not extremely pleased with the angle of view of crocodiles, but, well, I still got 3-4 days to finish it xD

"You destroy your enemies by making friends with them" COD MW

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-18 23:01:35

I was worried that this wouldnt show up since for some reason my tags arnt apearing where they should so I'm posting it here

Soooo...Watcha think?...

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-18 23:17:39

At 3/18/15 11:01 PM, CompletelyLostAnimat wrote: I was worried that this wouldnt show up since for some reason my tags arnt apearing where they should so I'm posting it here

Soooo...Watcha think?...

It wont show if youre unscouted, but jazza can find it :)

and it looks awesome, definitely a unique take on the criteria :D

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-19 06:07:08

At 3/19/15 04:13 AM, newsarecoming wrote: Please i need help my outline of my character posted above merges with black color of the background so what shall i do ?

Maybe make a thin white outline where black colors merge?

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-19 08:51:43

At 3/18/15 11:17 PM, kgbm wrote:
At 3/18/15 11:01 PM, CompletelyLostAnimat wrote: I was worried that this wouldnt show up since for some reason my tags arnt apearing where they should so I'm posting it here

Soooo...Watcha think?...
It wont show if youre unscouted, but jazza can find it :)

and it looks awesome, definitely a unique take on the criteria :D

Oh my god thank you so much that makes me feel better.

And thanks...

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-19 09:40:38

At 3/19/15 04:13 AM, newsarecoming wrote: Please i need help my outline of my character posted above merges with black color of the background so what shall i do ?

Upatrono's idea would be the best idea( If you redid the outline in Illustrator, if not, you'll have to do something a bit more complicated). To do that, you just go in the aspect palette ( looks like a sun, if you can't find it press shift and F6 or go in the window menu and search for aspect). After that you click on the outlined square at the bottom of the palette caller «add a border» ( it's the first on the left ( if you can't find it, there's the word fx in white near it)). Then you just need to select the color of the border and the size of it ( 1 or 2 points should be sufficient (I think it's in that by default)) and drag the white outline over the black one ( still in the palette, just put it on top of it). Don't forget to select all your outline before or else it won't work like you want ( after that the place where the color of the outline was showed will be turned in a «?», it's normal because there is two outlines). Don't give up, you're almost there. ( if you have difficulty in english, I can say it to you in french and even send a pdf in french ( since I did a work on that not long ago at school) ^^).

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-19 17:05:59

At 3/19/15 02:05 PM, newsarecoming wrote: Holy shit thank's thnak's and thank's and an other thank's I can't express how thankful I am you're amazing and a great guy it woudln't not be possible without you I still can't understand why do u do this to me

If you're talking to me, well it's a pleasure. I just like to help poeple, no particular reason and it happens I study in graphic design, so.... It's kinda the only thing I can really help. And by the way, i'm the contrary of a dude. If your talking to the other one, well, just forget what I said :)

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 01:39:27

At 3/3/15 12:23 AM, Jazza wrote: HEY DUDES
CAN YOU SAY, "BIGGEST PRIZE POOL YET"?

My piece: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/bryatch/turbo-down-under

BBS Signature

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 07:51:42

Well my friends, I can say I never been at such a loss of ideas as in this topic. I am still trying to come up with something but it is really really hard. I think you have all done an awesome job with both ideas and in particular the art.

This is my entry Jazza :D Had a blast making this one.

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 14:41:24

Hi Jazza, a noob question , how come my tag wont show? I already tagged it with NetflixDownUnder but it doesnt show up.
sucks cause you wont see it if you look for it..I really want to enter

This is the link to my entry, hope youll check it out-->http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sinisterw0rks/netflixdownunder

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 15:06:30

OK, what i see is that green and blue are an awful couple to have together in picture...
I need some other colour... maybe very light blue but the the girl's white uniform becomes messy...

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 15:14:35

At 3/20/15 03:06 PM, upatrono wrote: OK, what i see is that green and blue are an awful couple to have together in picture...
I need some other colour... maybe very light blue but the the girl's white uniform becomes messy...

maybe make it yellow?

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 15:27:19

At 3/20/15 03:14 PM, steaf23 wrote:
At 3/20/15 03:06 PM, upatrono wrote: OK, what i see is that green and blue are an awful couple to have together in picture...
maybe make it yellow?

I want a sky background, not just a colour background and that makes things a bit complicated.

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 16:03:09

At 3/20/15 10:15 AM, newsarecoming wrote: Yup I'm talking to you and alittle bit to uptrono are you frensh cause i see that you talk in frensh like "Bordure" also again thank's it was a great help and support to me guys

Nope. i'm a Quebecer, but yes, my mother tongue is French. It explains a bit why I offered you help in french and the terms I used for the tools. Alors, ça ressemble à ça :) If you wonder about other information about me, just take a peek at my profile, everything is listed there, excepted my name.

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 16:07:33

At 3/20/15 03:27 PM, upatrono wrote:
At 3/20/15 03:14 PM, steaf23 wrote:
maybe make it yellow?
I want a sky background, not just a colour background and that makes things a bit complicated.

Then why not take a blue with green tones like aqua green or azur/turquoise. Might be better than just blue. Maybe a publish blue be good too... But nah, you'd have to redo the shading and lighting on the crocodiles. I'd stick with the green blue.

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 16:09:04

oops. Sorry purple-blue not publish.

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 16:29:05

At 3/20/15 04:09 PM, miliade wrote: oops. Sorry purple-blue not publish.

Might as well do the trick... or maybe a sunset colours... pink, yellow, a bit blue, a bit purple... clouds... should make a contrast enough for the front figures to stay focused.

At 3/20/15 04:33 PM, newsarecoming wrote: please what do u thinkl of my art ? what shall i do for the background

well ok, since this is a wedding, I would put them in a church, or maybe not. Maybe on a small island in the middle of the lake with flower beds and wedding decorations. As an option I would put some crocodiles in that lake :D You could put them on the ocean shore with white sharks looking from the water and guys surfing on tides.
Well what I noticed in the work of artists whom I adore is that they draw lots of small details in the background while remaining focused on main subject in the front. For example yesterday I was watching some pictures on deviantart and most amazing pictures had lots of details on main theme main focus point but there were also lots of details in background BUT background is background. You either make it blurred a bit or a bit dim in colours so that your foreground doesn't get mixed with whatever is in the back.
So you got my point right? :)

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 17:04:31

At 3/20/15 04:33 PM, newsarecoming wrote: please what do u thinkl of my art ? what shall i do for the background

In itself the art is good, however you could try to add some basic cell-shading with the pen tool. As for the background, I would see it in a church or in front of the Sydney Opera. Oh, maybe in the savahnah? Sorry, my knowledge of Australia isn't great. You should trust yourself on that one. ( btw, if you want that someone notices your messages fast, you should just reply to one of theirs post. It doesn't do anything to ask 3 times on the post like that, with just your message on a generic post like this one, If i don't look it I won't know you tried to contact me.) And you don't need to write to me in French if you're not confortable with it. As you can see i'm almost bilingual.

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 17:54:15

At 3/20/15 05:16 PM, newsarecoming wrote:
D not I replyed in frensh just for fun also the problem with those 3 posts that the connection coudln't upload the image with it and i can't delete them so i did it 3 times till it worked also thank's for the idea i'll try the churche one and can I ask you are people around the world angry of tunisia people cause i swear it's not our fault those people aren't even "muslims" so yeah thank's for priceless pieceas of advice

Nah. Why would we be angry? You just got attacked by those extremists. Some museum in Tunis or something like that. We aren't angry at Tunisia, well not in Canada. Even if we'd want to, it'd be ridiculous since the Islamic State ( think that's their name in english) is made with people from everywhere around the world: France and Canada included. Don't worry, try to be happy ( cause I know it can be difficult in times like these).

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-20 23:31:22

I could use the practice, and I think I just came up with an idea that will be fun to run with.
Here's hoping I can pull it off in just a few days!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-21 06:23:57

#netflixdownunder

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-21 10:18:42

Wo......I really liked the idea...its looking great already......awesome job upatrono

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-21 12:51:35

My WIP;
Started today, kinda late! xD
feel free to say any helpful thoughts, critics and comments about it.

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-21 13:50:13

At 3/21/15 10:18 AM, KingSid1412 wrote: Wo......I really liked the idea...its looking great already......awesome job upatrono

Hey, thx man :) I do appreciate your feedback :)

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-21 15:24:40

here is mine, pls do not copyright
dont hesitate to leave tips please

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-21 17:44:04

At 3/21/15 04:48 PM, newsarecoming wrote: Almost there, so what do u think guys ?

Pretty good!! You can try some shading! :D

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-21 17:47:32

Well, here's my artwork for the contest: House of... SHARKS!

Response to March Challenge of the Month! 2015-03-21 17:49:02

My finished entry