00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Belittling

1,129 Views | 13 Replies

Belittling 2015-03-01 19:31:46

Something I've been working on is decreasing how much I belittle others' feelings.

It's very easy to do on the internet, where the person you're talking to is just text (read in whatever voice happens to pop into your mind...you are now reading mine as Stephen Fry. Don't know who that is? Let's go with a kindergartener with asthma, then. *inhaler hiss*) usually next to some stupid looking avatar (...) and without a face and a life and clear feelings behind them.

But we do it in real life too...or rather, in person, because it's easy to forget that when we hurt someone over the internet, they really actually feel that. I lose sight of that. I am mean and snarky and arrogant on the internet, and I've been known to be inconsiderate in real life too.

What's more from my outside perspective when I hear about other people who are upset about something I don't think is important I tend to want to chastise them for feeling that way. Because I'm ignorant, and think I know best, and think that my feelings are "right" compared to theirs.

So I'm working on that. Go ahead and talk about things that you are feeling are important, or times you've experienced this, or times you've done this if you want.

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Belittling 2015-03-01 19:34:58

I have no feelings.

Response to Belittling 2015-03-01 19:40:21

At 3/1/15 07:37 PM, Monster-64 wrote: I mostly read your posts by picturing what the black guy's voice in your avatar sounds like, except you sound like you have pain in your voice, because his eyeballs just look like they're coming out..

I can see how that could be misleading. This is more like what I actually look like.

Belittling

BBS Signature

Response to Belittling 2015-03-01 19:52:31

At 3/1/15 07:47 PM, Monster-64 wrote: Nah, that won't do it, I will forever have the image of the black man seemingly in pain stuck in my brain.

Bill Clinton feels my pain

are any of you even going to get that ancient reference

Belittling

BBS Signature

Response to Belittling 2015-03-01 22:06:01

At 3/1/15 07:40 PM, CorpseGrinderClock wrote: This is more like what I actually look like.

"BLUCHER!"

Response to Belittling 2015-03-02 03:05:10 (edited 2015-03-02 03:05:22)

I've managed to hopelessly derail my own topic in my own OP. Talent.

BBS Signature

Response to Belittling 2015-03-02 03:19:05

I am nice to people on the internet just like I am in real life.

I have a tendency to feel others despair when they pour out the depressions on the BBS. Hearing other people sad puts me in a sad mood. I think it's kind of selfish to exclaim their bad dispositions because they don't know how their actions affect others.

I choose whether or not to offer my piece of advice. Sometimes I come off as harsh and I don't want that, but I have actually helped and taught a good amount of people important lessons.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Belittling 2015-03-02 15:31:27

maybe you were just a Bullied bitter nerd, some of those nerds become very powerful people, But you probably wont amount to anything. Psychos shouldnt have power.

Response to Belittling 2015-03-02 19:40:10

At 3/2/15 03:07 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: I can't tell if OP is serious or just baiting users to pour their hearts out, only to shit on them

Such is the internet I guess.

Not gonna lie the internet is just a really unpleasant place a lot of the time.

And yes I am serious.

At 3/2/15 03:19 AM, NewgroundsNation wrote: I have a tendency to feel others despair when they pour out the depressions on the BBS. Hearing other people sad puts me in a sad mood. I think it's kind of selfish to exclaim their bad dispositions because they don't know how their actions affect others.

Unfortunately this is something that people who are going through shit feel also. You end up bottling it up instead of finding the people who want to be there and hear it and who are potentially interested in helping.

BBS Signature

Response to Belittling 2015-03-02 23:44:55

At 3/2/15 11:03 PM, Urban-Champion wrote:
At 3/2/15 07:40 PM, CorpseGrinderClock wrote:
At 3/2/15 03:07 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: I can't tell if OP is serious or just baiting users to pour their hearts out, only to shit on them

Such is the internet I guess.
Not gonna lie the internet is just a really unpleasant place a lot of the time.

And yes I am serious.
heh, fair enough. You can never be too sure out in the cold, cold BBS

Either you're too paranoid or I'm missing something out here because that's almost definitely not what I imagined in reading the OP

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Belittling 2015-03-03 14:28:13

I commend you great for your heroic realization, the seeds are sown for greatness to prevail, do not rip the seems of your existence, the time is now my child, I anoint with the flying lizard, may the forest grow with a million women for you

Response to Belittling 2015-03-03 14:41:45

“That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.”

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Belittling 2015-03-03 14:45:39

At 3/3/15 02:43 PM, supergandhi64 wrote:
At 3/3/15 02:41 PM, satanbrain wrote: “That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.”
wee woo wee woo bullsh*t alert

--supergandhi64

These are the words of the faint hearted.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Belittling 2015-03-04 09:46:41

At 3/3/15 09:50 PM, Greasegoat wrote: Great job on trying to become a better person.

Gonna take this at face value...thank you.

BBS Signature