00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zolen Speedpainting

405 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Zolen Speedpainting 2015-02-28 23:50:23

In a effort to learn 'painting' with a tablet, to get away from line art, and really speed up my drawing to quality ratio I have decided to speed paint a few things over a time. I post these less to get a reaction out of people, and more to ask anyone who clicks this for suggestions for what I will do next to practice drawing.

The first, the one that comes with this post is just a rainy day in the first, caped at 30 minutes to draw. If you happened to look at my gallery, you might notice there is nothing like this style in it (well images I create from this speed paint practice will be there probably by now or eventually, but still), this is me being completely new and experimental, so the exacts on how to do things is not very refined.

Zolen Speedpainting

Response to Zolen Speedpainting 2015-02-28 23:56:12

Second

Speed paint made to help boost up my drawing quality/time ratio and help me learn to make things without line art, total time 3 hours and 26 minutes. One screen shot for reference. One layer used. Used the program Krita.

Zolen Speedpainting

Response to Zolen Speedpainting 2015-03-05 05:24:21 (edited 2015-03-05 05:32:45)

Total time: 2 hours and 12 minutes (mostly spend trying to figure out how to angle everything)
Program drawn in: Krita
layers used: 1
References: 6
Special rule: No stopping till done, even if I loose touch with what I am trying to draw.

I do not like how this turned out by a heck of a lot but meh, "can't stop, won't stop" tends to lead to mess ups.

Additionally image one had the special rule of 30 min cap, and second had the special rule of only one reference.

Zolen Speedpainting

Response to Zolen Speedpainting 2015-03-06 06:41:11

Yes, yes, yes, mostly what I wish for from people is ideas for more speed paints. Suggest things plz. I wish for ideas I would normally not do on my own on the off chance that it results in me learning something.