00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KushB just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do grades matter?

2,236 Views | 34 Replies

Response to Do grades matter? 2015-03-01 08:35:31

At 3/1/15 12:58 AM, larrynachos wrote: People don't want effort. They want results.

Not sure what your angle is here. If your angle is "grades matter", I agree. If your angle is "grades don't matter", you just contradicted yourself and here's why. Grades = Results. If you can make the grades you can do the work. If you can't make the grades, it's possible you can do the work, but you have no proof you can. And merely putting in effort doesn't guarantee good grades, but good grades guarantee you can get results.

At 3/1/15 02:59 AM, RB wrote: Well. this is kinda weird since it's coming from a honors studentd.Really, grades are just bullshit. You need to learn stuff at school that actually helps you in life, not scientific bullshit. Don't worry about grades.

"Scientific bullshit", as you so eloquently put it, *does* actually help you in life, though. Unless your goal in life is to throw all medicine and technology out the window and go live life naked in the woods as a wildman, catching and hunting prey with sticks and stones, finding out what is poisonous or not through first-hand trial-and-error, nearly every aspect of modern societies rely on science. And if you do instead want to go the wildman route, more power to you because that sounds awesome, and good luck.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Do grades matter? 2015-03-01 09:59:48

At 3/1/15 08:35 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 3/1/15 02:59 AM, RB wrote:

What I meant by "scinectific bullshit" are theoritical stuff. Take as an exaple me and my class. We LITERALLY (no drama) know the names and families of many trees and plants.
But, if you take us to a land with plants, we miss the cactus with the rose (sorry for thw drama)

"

till we overdose

Response to Do grades matter? 2015-03-01 10:14:37

At 3/1/15 12:58 AM, larrynachos wrote: People don't want effort. They want results.
Not sure what your angle is here. If your angle is "grades matter", I agree.

Haha, I was going more towards grades matter.

BBS Signature

Response to Do grades matter? 2015-03-01 10:25:10

At 3/1/15 10:14 AM, larrynachos wrote:
Not sure what your angle is here. If your angle is "grades matter", I agree.
Haha, I was going more towards grades matter.

Good. Then you're absolutely right.

Sometimes it's hard to tell what people are trying to say unless you know what their stance is.
Trouble is two different people could say the exact same thing and mean two completely different things.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Do grades matter? 2015-03-01 12:01:12

in high school? no not really. in college? yes.