00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I got DDoS'd

2,022 Views | 24 Replies

I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 01:23:04

Long story short, my internet went down so I check the logs on my router. Whole bunch of SYN flood DoS warnings in it, which finally stopped after I released, and renewed the WAN connection. Seriously, who fucking DDoS's someone's cable connection? That's just retarded.

derp

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 02:38:22

A prius owner problehbleh.

-- Jin

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 02:49:43

At 2/27/15 01:23 AM, PriusRepellent wrote: Long story short, my internet went down so I check the logs on my router. Whole bunch of SYN flood DoS warnings in it, which finally stopped after I released, and renewed the WAN connection. Seriously, who fucking DDoS's someone's cable connection? That's just retarded.

Someone who has something personal against you? did you piss off someone?

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 03:09:20

At 2/27/15 02:58 AM, Cordyceps wrote: That's not a DDoS

A distributed denial of service attack can't be directed at one person. It's, by definition, distributed. If, for example, the newgrounds BBS and portals were completely flooded, that would be a denial of service attack because nobody would be able to properly use the services provided by the site.

Git learnt

WRONG!!

A DDoS can be directed at one person. Control a botnet and have someone you dislike? Sick it on them. Boom, instant DDoS. Just because they're usually directed against websites doesn't mean they couldn't be used to attack any connection on the entire Internet.

It's also possible his IP address was formerly in use by a server which was under attack at some point, and had been reassigned to him. Or that the IP address a botnet was sent to attack was incorrect, and happened to be his, rather than that of the site they were trying to shut down, etc... So the attack could have been intended for someone else but he was unlucky.

On the other hand, like I said, it's entirely possible someone could have a directed attack toward them if they pissed off the wrong people somehow.

And it's even possible someone else who used to have that IP address pissed off the wrong people, and when it got reassigned to him, they were taking him down thinking they were taking down their target.

You need to do some learning yourself there, bucko.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 03:12:35

At 2/27/15 03:11 AM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 2/27/15 03:09 AM, NeonSpider wrote: You need to do some learning yourself there, bucko.
i'm right and you're wrong shut up

No, you're really not. Stop embarrassing yourself.
You honestly do not know what you're talking about.

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 03:54:24

At 2/27/15 03:48 AM, Cordyceps wrote: i know exactly waht im talking about im an internet expert deal with ti nerd

Yeah actually that term has no meaning, so feel free to call yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Here, educate yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack#Distributed_attack

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 04:02:44

At 2/27/15 03:59 AM, Cordyceps wrote: you just proved my point idiot

Proved your point that you don't know what you're talking about and thus just post meme images all day?

Okay then.

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 04:25:16

Cordyceps is right, put your helmets on guys.

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 05:18:50

okay would someone tell me what the hell a meme is for christ's sake

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 06:18:24

At 2/27/15 05:18 AM, NewgroundsNation wrote: okay would someone tell me what the hell a meme is for christ's sake

Those stupid images everyone posts around all the time. Also any "viral videos" or phrases. The popularity of a meme determines how well it is known and also how quickly it gets passed around. Kind of like those chain spam emails of old (send this to blah blah blah amount of people or else blah blah happens).

It's frequently used by people once they've lost an argument since somehow in their mind posting meme pictures = they're right. LOL

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 08:06:05

At 2/27/15 06:18 AM, NeonSpider wrote: It's frequently used by people once they've lost an argument since somehow in their mind posting meme pictures = they're right. LOL

You're both being fucking childish but I like cordyceps better so he wins.

BBS Signature

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 08:38:24

At 2/27/15 08:06 AM, larrynachos wrote:
At 2/27/15 06:18 AM, NeonSpider wrote: It's frequently used by people once they've lost an argument since somehow in their mind posting meme pictures = they're right. LOL
You're both being fucking childish but I like cordyceps better so he wins.

1) I'm not being childish. I happen to be correct. Cordy apparently doesn't take to being corrected so well so he takes to posting fail memes.

2) So you like him better? So what? Irrelevant. What you're doing is known as bandwagoning. Whoop-de-doo

Point is he was wrong about what a DDoS was while at the same time chastising thread creator and "correcting" him. In reality Cordyceps was in the wrong.

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 10:16:42

At 2/27/15 08:38 AM, NeonSpider wrote: 1) I'm not being childish. I happen to be correct. Cordy apparently doesn't take to being corrected so well so he takes to posting fail memes.

2) So you like him better? So what? Irrelevant. What you're doing is known as bandwagoning. Whoop-de-doo

Point is he was wrong about what a DDoS was while at the same time chastising thread creator and "correcting" him. In reality Cordyceps was in the wrong.

Dude, Cordyceps is right about a DDoS attacking multiple people. Just deal with the fact that you're wrong.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 11:17:37

At 2/27/15 02:38 AM, Jin wrote: A prius owner problehbleh.

-- Jin

I doubt it, i haven't been DDOS'd yet and I'm pretty sure I'm their #1 enemy. unless they're taking out their lesser enemies before they get to me. in that case Bring it on motherfuckers.

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 11:37:12

At 2/27/15 10:16 AM, RyderOmega wrote: Dude, Cordyceps is right about a DDoS attacking multiple people. Just deal with the fact that you're wrong.

Says the "computer engineer" fraud. Hahahaha. Dude, after that little fiasco I don't see how anyone can take anything you say seriously. You are a fraud and know nothing. And no he's not right and neither are you.

For those unaware, this fraud here claimed he was a computer engineer and yet he honestly thought you end cout statements in C++ with end1 rather than endl, proving he had never touched a compiler in his life.

Is this the thread for all the phony computer "experts" to chime in today or what?

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 11:58:53 (edited 2015-02-27 12:01:31)

At 2/27/15 10:19 AM, FiendMachine wrote: @Cordyceps @NeonSpider @FaroutFrank @Joelle @larrynachos
So in that way, actually both Cordyceps and NeonSpider are right.

These terms are too technical for you casuals to understand.

I got DDoS'd

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 12:19:01

At 2/27/15 11:37 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 2/27/15 10:16 AM, RyderOmega wrote: Dude, Cordyceps is right about a DDoS attacking multiple people. Just deal with the fact that you're wrong.
Says the "computer engineer" fraud. Hahahaha. Dude, after that little fiasco I don't see how anyone can take anything you say seriously. You are a fraud and know nothing. And no he's not right and neither are you.

Changing the subject like you did last time. Just admit that Cordyceps is right and you're wrong.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 17:04:11

At 2/27/15 08:38 AM, NeonSpider wrote: 1) I'm not being childish. I happen to be correct. Cordy apparently doesn't take to being corrected so well so he takes to posting fail memes.

> Childish
> Childish

> Childish

> Childish

> Childish

> Childish

BBS Signature

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 17:12:20

i still dont know what a meme is

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 18:21:43

At 2/27/15 05:04 PM, larrynachos wrote: > Childish

Replies like yours are childish.

All I did was correct a misconception and post a helpful link to factual information.

But yes many of the rest of you have indeed been childish in this thread, including yourself.

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 19:03:36

At 2/27/15 06:21 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 2/27/15 05:04 PM, larrynachos wrote: > Childish
Replies like yours are childish.

All I did was correct a misconception and post a helpful link to factual information.

But yes many of the rest of you have indeed been childish in this thread, including yourself.

Of course, EVERYONE'S wrong except for you.

BBS Signature

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 19:30:00

You can't DDoS a single person dumbass, maybe you just dropped your computer on the ground.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 21:08:55

At 2/27/15 07:03 PM, larrynachos wrote: Of course, EVERYONE'S wrong except for you.

I can be wrong sometimes but in this case I'm not, and I have a low probability of being wrong, statistically speaking.
I really don't know what your problem is right now though.

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 21:17:43

At 2/27/15 09:09 PM, FiendMachine wrote: Let's get this straight.
A Ddos is when multiple computers are used to flood an IP causing denial of service to it. Note that 'distributed' refers to the 'distributed' attack of the hacker via multiple computers and not multiple people. Only an IP is DDosed.
A Dos is when a single computer is used to do the same.
A DDos is much difficult and takes more time to handle.

Now this IP can belong to a server like Newgrounds' and if DDosed it will lead to noone being able to surf NG. But if this ip belongs to a person,like in OP's case, the hacker will flood his computer by Dos/Ddos-ing and throw the OP into deep shit.

It's no use. This thread is already majority overtaken by idiocy. Thanks for trying though.
It seems it's "popular" to attack those with factual technical knowledge around these parts lately.

Response to I got DDoS'd 2015-02-27 21:40:03

At 2/27/15 09:21 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 2/27/15 09:17 PM, NeonSpider wrote: It's no use. This thread is already majority overtaken by idiocy. Thanks for trying though.
It seems it's "popular" to attack those with factual technical knowledge around these parts lately.
Could you please direct me to a literature reference that is not wikipedia?

I can direct you to my blocklist. Enjoy.
Too bad you have no desire to actually learn.