00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4

718 Views | 19 Replies

Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 02:49:27

HOLY SHIT

http://www.slashfilm.com/blomkamps-alien/

Interview: http://youtu.be/Th8os-IfZhg

To me this is not a bad thing. Do not get me wrong, I am one of the few who love the assembly cut of Alien 3, the director Finch did the best he could, if... you know all the story's involved in production....My favorite script unfinished involved a w wooden planetoid...

http://www.horrorlair.com/scripts/alien3_fasano.html
But I digress, how good how I think Alien 3 to be, or that abomination Alien 4, I believe Neil Blomkamp to be on to something...

If we have Hicks and Ripley characters, with the director of District 9, *forgetting Elysium...*

I feel like...we may have a true savior on our hands... This would not be the first series retcon. Look at Superman Returns..
9 t

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 02:53:57

Aside from all drunk text, *I am drunk at this time* I will personally challenge users to answer to there best. I am a huuuge fan of the series, invested hundreds of my dollars to there merchandise. I will put my iron boot down and call your bullshit out if you cannot form a logical discussion...

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 02:59:55

So wait a minute, this movie will pretty much remove 3 and 4?

That's cool I guess, but what is this talk of 4 being an abomination? Fuck that, 3rd one was horrible, 4 and 2 are the best IMO

BBS Signature

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 03:01:51

At 2/26/15 02:57 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: Giger is dead
not interested

What the fuck does this have to with anything? This is the Directors Vision, and as much as I respect Giger...He is gone. Deal with it.

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 03:04:37

At 2/26/15 02:59 AM, Gremlin wrote: So wait a minute, this movie will pretty much remove 3 and 4?

That's cool I guess, but what is this talk of 4 being an abomination? Fuck that, 3rd one was horrible, 4 and 2 are the best IMO

Now I love assembly/directors cut Alien 3. I highly advise you do so. Remember, Alien 3 was only made after several script rewrites, look into my fav...by Finch. Alien 4 in my opinion is a way and my guilty pleasure for the story to live on..

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 03:06:13

Ehhh... I dunno... as horrible as Alien 3 was and as laughable as Alien Resurrection was, I think they should put Ripley's story to bed. As far as I'm concerned, Ripley adopted Newt and they lived, struggled and overcame their past of the nasty xenomorphs and had a decently happy life together. Hicks and Ripley dated for a while, but broke it off after a few months due to limited interests. They remained good friends.

But seriously, Prometheus wasn't out that long ago, along with all the two AVP flicks and Fox wants to drag out this series again? I know they like money, but fuck. And HR Giger is dead too... won't be the same.

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 03:21:03

At 2/26/15 03:04 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 2/26/15 03:01 AM, StrapOnFetus wrote: This is the Directors Vision
and as I stated, without Giger's involvement I am not interested
nobody working on this new Alien has half the mind that Giger had
why settle for pale imitations?

Yurgenburgen...Bring your best to this argument, since a artist is no way a Director or script writer. I am calling all bullshit out on my favorite film...My Avatar is hand drawn by me speaking of my dedication man.

Trust me, I am a big fan of the late HR Giger, but he is not a script writer nor director. Please use your arguments mor logical guys

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 03:29:53

At 2/26/15 03:24 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: aliens don't exist if you ask me

--supergandhi64

@supergandhi64 or whatever

I assume you may have seen Alien 3...however....Alien 3 had some production issues to say the least, which I randomly discovered long ago. This isn't the article I read then, but it gives a bit of an idea of how 3 turned out as it did.

http://www.empireonline.com/intervie...w.asp?IID=1102

I need to go to bed so I can't Google it more, but there are definitely more stories out there about the A3 production debacle, like how they changed the story significantly after the sets were mostly built. There is some interesting stuff out there.

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 03:32:36

At 2/26/15 03:29 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 2/26/15 03:21 AM, StrapOnFetus wrote: since a artist is no way a Director or script writer.
I never claimed they are

I am a big fan of the late HR Giger, but he is not a script writer nor director
I never claimed he is

Man, please do not put words in my mouth or argue semantics

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 03:39:21

At 2/26/15 03:33 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 2/26/15 03:32 AM, StrapOnFetus wrote: Man, please do not put words in my mouth or argue semantics
Please understand that you are getting mad and flustered at something that is happening entirely in your mind

Please understand I will have mods and me block you from this discussion if you do not understand that this is and should be open for debate. On logical ground that a dead artist is now deceased. However his vision has made Alien a 3rd party in the movie is being made.. I love you man, but please respect my op

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 03:52:48

At 2/26/15 03:42 AM, supergandhi64 wrote:
At 2/26/15 03:29 AM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
At 2/26/15 03:24 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: aliens don't exist if you ask me

--supergandhi64
@supergandhi64 or whatever
what's with the attitude? no one is going to sympathize with your views if you're being rude and insular

I am listening to you, and whatever you have to say. Ghandi, you have provided a logical argument. In all fair in game. No disrespect.

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 14:47:35

At 2/26/15 10:12 AM, SithCorduroy wrote: I never got really invested in the characters of Newt and Hicks.

I never understood why them dying was such a deal breaker to so many people.

My best guess Sith, is that with Alien and Aliens, they built a great character around Ripley, then in the sequel you have Newt and Hicks. Very interesting and robust character development. It also allowed the story to expand. (for future movies)

Then Alien 3 comes a long and for whatever reason. Decided to kill New and Hicks, so some fans are still salty..hence I believe is one of the reason Alien 3 gets a lot of flak.

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 15:45:50

At 2/26/15 02:47 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
My best guess Sith, is that with Alien and Aliens, they built a great character around Ripley, then in the sequel you have Newt and Hicks. Very interesting and robust character development. It also allowed the story to expand. (for future movies)

Then Alien 3 comes a long and for whatever reason. Decided to kill New and Hicks, so some fans are still salty..hence I believe is one of the reason Alien 3 gets a lot of flak.

It was a text book Happy Ending Override. Supposedly James Cameron wasn't too thrilled with that development either.

That said, I'm sad that Hudson kicked the bucket. He had great lines. "Game over man!"

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 15:52:07

So you wrote drunken non-sense. Provided a broken link and a link to a private video. Great thread.

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 15:57:58

At 2/26/15 03:52 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: So you wrote drunken non-sense. Provided a broken link and a link to a private video. Great thread.

Do you have anything worth while to contribute to the discussion because if not, there is the door out.

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 16:12:40

If it involves Predators, or Prometheans than I am down for it.

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-26 16:39:29

At 2/26/15 04:12 PM, Ketchemonia wrote: If it involves Predators, or Prometheans than I am down for it.

I think this movie will not have those. But there is always a chance for AVP3 or Prometheus 2 I still think that is getting made..

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-27 00:43:49

At 2/26/15 03:57 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
At 2/26/15 03:52 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: So you wrote drunken non-sense. Provided a broken link and a link to a private video. Great thread.
Do you have anything worth while to contribute to the discussion because if not, there is the door out.

Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-27 14:34:29

At 2/27/15 01:12 AM, NippleManOfMilk wrote: I grow weary of retcons, can't people just stick to a fucking continuity? I mean, if you have to reboot or wipe a piece of the plot out of existence for new stuff then maybe the series isn't worth continuing. Yeah, part of it is to appeal to a current generation but c'mon, fuck those guy. I know we're all thinking it.

I guess what I'm saying is, LET SPIDER-MAN DIE! Just let the wall crawling menace fade away and make movies with different hero's.

For better or worse, Weaver is the franchise. They've made four movies around her, she's the protagonist of most of the early games up through the early 90's and still gets namechecked every now and then (Colonial Marines). That's not even counting the fact that Isolation brings us another member of the family so they can capitalize on that appeal and do a pseudo-remake of the original film's storyline.

The appeal of an everywoman taking charge and kicking extraterrestrial ass is just as compelling a reason as the xenos themselves for why audiences come to these movies.

Response to Alien 5 sequal to retcon 3 and 4 2015-02-27 14:45:54

At 2/27/15 01:12 AM, NippleManOfMilk wrote: I grow weary of retcons, can't people just stick to a fucking continuity? I mean, if you have to reboot or wipe a piece of the plot out of existence for new stuff then maybe the series isn't worth continuing. Yeah, part of it is to appeal to a current generation but c'mon, fuck those guy. I know we're all thinking it.

No, we're not all thinking it. I don't see why different directors should be forced to consider the work made by previous directors on a series when creating their own movie. It's not like the series was ever the property of one director, and that all of a sudden a new director came up and decided to ignore parts of the work of his predecessor. Not to mention that Alien 3 pretty much begins with a massive "Fuck you!" to Aliens, by killing ALL the crew survivors of the previous movie, and basically ignoring most of what was previously established in the series just because he doesn't like it.

If anything, the new director could just do the same. Act like this is the 5th installment of the series, but right at the beginning, have something stupid happen, like a huge black hole swallowing a ship, and sending it back at the very last second of the second movie, making it possible for Ripley to change the future and make the 3rd and 4th movies just "disappear", because in that new timeline, "they would have never happened". I mean, if Fincher pretty much did that... why wouldn't you "allow" Neill Blomkamp to do the same? But in the situation we have here, Blomkamp is honest enough to say that he's making a sequel to the second movie, and not the 4th, instead of just destroying everything that happened in the latest installment right at the beginning of his movie.