00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What's the last game to make you...

2,657 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to What's the last game to make you... 2015-03-05 00:15:20

Geez some of you guys are crazy, I'm not saying throwing the controller is a thing that happens every damn time you lose a life or something, I'm talking about the rare occurances in your life where a game may have taken you to that point. The fact that it's rare is what makes it interesting and the purpose of this thread. If you've never lost your cool ever in your life about something as trivial as a video game(and I call bullshit on that claim), why the hell are you posting in this thread. Go kick rocks and make another thread about how calm you are.

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to What's the last game to make you... 2015-03-05 03:49:54

At 3/5/15 12:11 AM, sharpnova wrote:
At 2/24/15 04:32 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Video games should not be stressful. Period. If you find they are stressing you, stop playing, and do something that actually helps. Stressing over video games is not normal nor healthy.
Horse shit.

Some of the best games I've ever played that I have the fondest memories of pissed me off to no end.

Why are you defining normal and healthy for us?

Video games are new. Obviously stressing over them isn't part of our genome. But stressing over things in general, even things we enjoy definitely is.

You're just completely 100% wrong across the board and everyone here agrees.

Just lol.

And, no, "everyone" doesn't agree. Some people will, sure, just as some people will agree with me. Regardless, number of people who "agree" is no measure of correctness so your point is moot.

Also, new? Are you serious? Video games as we know them have been around since at least the 70s, and Pong is actually from the 60s. And don't quote me that 1972 Pong arcade machine date -- yes that is when the Pong arcade machine came out, but the game itself was around since at least the mid-60s.

And I'm sorry you're getting all stressed out over stupid stuff, but yeah I'm pretty sure that's not healthy. But don't take my word for it. Go ask a psychologist if getting all stressed from playing video games all the time is healthy. I mean, if you want a professional opinion on the "health" of it, that is ... which I'm sure you're not going to do because I'm sure you don't actually care -- you just want to be "right" without actually being right.

Or, hell, ask your family doctor if it's healthy to continue doing optional things that majorly stress you out.

So, no, I'm not "full of horse shit", and maybe you just need to stop getting so pissed off at games all the time. Did you ever consider that angle, hmm?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to What's the last game to make you... 2015-03-05 05:22:59

At 3/5/15 03:49 AM, NeonSpider wrote: And, no, "everyone" doesn't agree. Some people will, sure *snip* bla bla *snip*

Yeah they do.

Also, new? Are you serious? *more hilarious bla bla snip snip snip*

It was very clear from the context of my post that I was speaking in evolutionary terms. In the evolution of our neurological basis for stress, what causes it, and its effects on us.

And I'm sorry you're getting all stressed out over stupid stuff, but yeah I'm pretty sure that's not healthy. But don't take my word for it. Go ask a psychologist if getting all stressed from playing video games all the time is healthy. I mean, if you want a professional opinion on the "health" of it, that is ... which I'm sure you're not going to do because I'm sure you don't actually care -- you just want to be "right" without actually being right.

My scissors broke. Ok so I am not interested in a psychologist's opinion on video games because it won't be relevant. Also I didn't say I got stressed all the time.

Can we please, in the interest of civility and clarity take a break from the top level issue and branch down to why you are saying that I said I got stressed all the time?

So, no, I'm not "full of horse shit", and maybe you just need to stop getting so pissed off at games all the time. Did you ever consider that angle, hmm?

Yeah ya are. And again, what's with the "all the time" thing?

So weird.

You owe me a new pair of scissors.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))