00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

weed legalization????

3,149 Views | 27 Replies

weed legalization???? 2015-02-23 21:21:48

So far 4 states have legalized recreational pot and many with medical pot. I think we should have medical weed and not recreational weed because of health effects. However the beneficial side to recreational weed is that it could be taxed heavily, making big bucks. What do you guys think?????

weed legalization????

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-24 11:48:58

At 2/24/15 09:04 AM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Not Washington's job to decide what you put in your body, be it sodium, trans fats, or in this case, da herb.

While you are right, there are limits to this. Some substances are so harmful the harm radiates well beyond the mere taker of the substance. These substances need to be controlled because even though the act of taking the drug is entirely personal, the drug in the end leads to very strong outward consequences. Meth, Heroin, Cocaine, and many other extremely hard drugs fall under this category. Marijuana definitely does not. (Though to be fair, the state does have a strong interest in the population not becoming a bunch of bungling fuckfaces, like 95% of marijuana smokers become)

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-25 23:38:18

I feel that is should be legalized. Prostitution should also be legal in every state. Legalizing something makes it easier to make sure it is safe and efficient.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-26 12:00:55

At 2/24/15 11:48 AM, Camarohusky wrote: While you are right, there are limits to this. Some substances are so harmful the harm radiates well beyond the mere taker of the substance. These substances need to be controlled because even though the act of taking the drug is entirely personal, the drug in the end leads to very strong outward consequences. Meth, Heroin, Cocaine, and many other extremely hard drugs fall under this category. Marijuana definitely does not. (Though to be fair, the state does have a strong interest in the population not becoming a bunch of bungling fuckfaces, like 95% of marijuana smokers become)

I'm guessing you pulled that 95% statistic out of your ass. It's true they do, but only if you're addicted. The problem is that alot of people take drugs and end up fine so it's hard to tell. They're not going to go in front of everyone and talk about their drug use, so all people hear about are the addicts that do. People have taken cocaine for example and still ended up President, hell even mayor after repeatedly using it, cocaine use is rampant among Wall Street Bankers .

The problem is that there'a lot of bullshit going around that's simply repeated regarding drugs. I remember watching a program where Department of Health officials were making shit up that was unsupported by government studies, like how marijuana is one of the leading causes of emergency room visits (which is impossible since there is no recorded case of marijuana overdose) or how drug use has gone down due to the anti-drug PSA's (actual studies show it's slightly up).

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-26 20:51:25

Pot will never truly be fully legalized because they cannot patent a Plant.

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-26 21:27:27

At 2/26/15 09:18 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: what the hell? copyright "protection" (monopoly) is evil.

Ya monopolies are eveil and that's why they are so prevalent cause we are ruled by evil people. Rockefeller family, Rothschilds, Bush family, Monsanto/Eugenics, etc etc etc. Anything truly good for the planet and humanity will be turned down by the powers that be ... so here have some money and a hotdog and some prescription pills and STFU and enjoy you Cancer and health issues like the average American does !

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-26 21:42:29

At 2/26/15 09:35 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 2/26/15 09:27 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Ya monopolies are eveil and that's why they are so prevalent cause we are ruled by evil people.
you sure seem easy to persuade so long as i agree with your wing's agenda..

I don't have a wing besides the truth and standing up for whats right. What is right ? Well protecting the planet to our best ability is number 1 so I guess we had best keep humans as healthy as possible mind and body and spirit so we can protect mother nature right ? Not that mother nature needs out help quite the opposite.

"i control and am controlled.. you control and are controlled.."

Your words not mine LOL.

in the end i suppose if we're both satisfied that's all that matters.. i dont mind being used..

Ya I guess some people don't mind being pumped up thy ass so long as they are offered some lube before hand. I don't agree with rape weather or not the victimized individual even understands they are being raped or not rape is wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-26 22:03:47

At 2/26/15 09:52 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
well yah, leftism is indeed the truth and whats right.. except the gun control.. we need to do away with that..

I don't play into the left or right "Black or White" paradigm. Using words to control people is wrong.

Ya I guess some people don't mind being pumped up thy ass so long as they are offered some lube before hand. I don't agree with rape weather or not the victimized individual even understands they are being raped or not rape is wrong.
not the kind of usage i was referring to.. the government are inherently rightist, for rightism is fascism.. they want to pass so many new laws to protect themselves from themselves they wind up enslaving themselves..

I am just using that as a referent not literally. It's like the mafia they are making us an offer we cannot refuse weather it right or wrong LOL.

adding laws is expansionism, doing so at an alarming rate with questionable reasoning is radicalism.. radical expansionism is fascism..

Well we all know the American Government is radically fascist but what can we do about it ? Stop paying tax levies in Amerca you to my understanding they will put you in prison with the criminals.

i dont agree with rape either. doesnt mean people should be jailed for it.. they're ill and need help.

Well Rape is a very lose term. IMHO if she spreads her legs for you because she wants to then it's not rape. The Law might say otherwise depending on the situation.

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-26 22:54:56

At 2/26/15 08:51 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Pot will never truly be fully legalized because they cannot patent a Plant.

You can't patent pot anymore than you could patent things like tobacco, alcohol, the sun and so on. Now if someone patented pot cigarettes with their own strain of marijuana {think Marlboro, Kool and so on} then said strain would be patented, or at least the brand name.

Copyrights to plants that can be grown just about anywhere have nothing to do with legalization.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-27 02:37:20

Honestly, People are gonna smoke pot regardless of whether it's legal or not. As we've clearly seen over the entire course of its prohibition, People can and will get their hands on it by the grams/ounces/etc. if they feel so inclined.

Why try to keep a substance banned that's hardly unhealthy for you at all is anyone's guess.

But, the biggest complaint I have with what seems like a strong portion of the nation trying to legalize the herb, is that it completely detracts from the legal drinking age.

And yes I understand I am completely switching topics here, but this is the same issue I always find with this conversation.

Drugs and alcohol are vices, yes, but for God's sake if you want to legalize one of these vices, why not start with the one that's already legal, and may I add much more highly popular (and therefore the law with which millions of teens are already breaking over the other).

I understand drinking is worse for you than pot, but it's not without it's own fair share of damaging effects.
And yes I also realize if made legal there will also be a set age for which it can be consumed.

But honestly, it's tiring to hear the cries of legalization from thousands of potheads thousands of times a day, when the issue of lowering the drinking age is a much more serious debate, or at the least relates more to the general population.

So yes inb4 the stoners come out of the wood works to demonizes my alcoholism( as if my mom hasn't done it enough already) and curse the ill effects of the devils drink, just realize everyone's got a vice and all I'm saying let's do something about the one that most of America actually gives a shit about

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-27 11:25:42

At 2/26/15 10:54 PM, orangebomb wrote: You can't patent pot anymore than you could patent things like tobacco, alcohol, the sun and so on. Now if someone patented pot cigarettes with their own strain of marijuana

Copyrights to plants that can be grown just about anywhere have nothing to do with legalization.

That makes sense to me. There is always way to make money on something that should be free, like water.

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-28 02:11:49

I think weed is fucking great and everyone should smoke it and see if they like it!!!

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-28 12:54:03

At 2/28/15 02:11 AM, Ghoti wrote: I think weed is fucking great and everyone should smoke it and see if they like it!!!

I am not a fan of weed, but people should be allowed to try it.

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-28 14:39:13

The reason it's illegal is because of power, not money or anything like that. Weed allows you to free think(tiny elf, opening a door slightly, like someone mentioned here or on shroomery, to the unknown). If people knew the true truth to this reality & whatever lies next, that would cause a loss in power(control). It's kind of sad, I hope they don't legalize it, & then make it illegal once the masses start waking up for some silly reasons. :-/

I'd say, it should be legalized, same with other psychedelics(if used in moderation). 20 years for using shrooms(catapults you through the elf door into space)? Safest, most non-addicting psychedelic on the list. Does it cause your brain to bleed, or damage? No, it can actually enlarge parts of your brain, even after 27(brain stops growing). It's because it has a chance at making you become enlightened. ;-/

I'd say though, if legalizing & let's say there is some awful truths, that the masses shouldn't know about(some things are better left unsaid, kind of deal), then slowly legalize it until the masses can handle whatever harsh realities go along with being in tune with the universe & all that happy go lucky stuff. :-)

That is all, have a good day all! 8-)

Hosting a survival minecraft server. The address is "astral-craft.ddns.net". The client is spigot 1.16.4. B-)

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-02-28 16:14:09

Sigh.......all right, this is my prediction, and a I think it's a fairly accurate one, considering the progress that's been made around in Washington and Colorado, which is it'll get legalized nationally within 10 years. California will legalize it in 2016 after seeing all the legal proceedings played out between the State and Federal courts in Washington and Colorado. Reason why California didn't do this first is probably because of the money and contrary to popular belief there are still a fair amount of conservatives living there. Regardless, California's always been a policy testing lab and considering how few problems there have been so far I don't think there will be much hassle when it passes in California. Once it passes in California though, within the next 10 years other States will follow a similar model or approach at least and the finally the federal government.

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me

"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-02 01:47:27 (edited 2015-03-02 01:48:29)

I've tried it once. I felt a bit light headed and more relaxed. It had no bad side effects and I prefer it then to drinking beer.

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-02 20:19:51

personally, i think that weed should be legalized in the same manner as alchohol. being high while driving still has an effect and can cause crashes, but when you smoke it at home recreationally or for medical purposes then it is ok.

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-02 20:29:34

At 2/27/15 09:32 PM, Korriken wrote: I've come to realize differently, given you both go into topic after topic and only ever talk about one thing. Hate to break it to you, but that smacks of being a one dimensional troll.

Woah, hey. Lies and slander, sir. Ask him about blue hedgehogs.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-03 23:42:13

At 3/3/15 11:31 PM, Korriken wrote: That is some rather acrobatic logic. Of course, Pedophilia has more to do with not wrecking a child's life than them not being able to consent to sex. some scummy 30 year old woman lures a 10 year old boy into bed, gets pregnant and now he's legally on the hook for it once he turns 18 (or sooner), ruining his life, or some scummy 30 year old man decides to lure a 10 year old girl with the promise of toys and makeup, jewelry, etc, knocks her up, ruining her life, then vanishes.

That's not usually how pedophilia works anyway. First I don't think 10 year old boys can get a women pregnant and I don't think 10 year old girls can get pregnant. Most pedophiles aren't rapists, they don't want to be attracted to children they simply are. The problem is that if they try to get help they're immediately arrested as they can be a potential rapist. Also people are usually raped by someone they know, it's much rarer to find a case where it was a stranger.

At one point in time it was fairly normal for a 12 year old to get married. That was also a time when education was rare and a woman's main job was to pop out as many kids as she could. Times have changes and it no longer benefits society for people to have children before they're ready. It's also quite devastating to a female's body to give birth at too young of an age.

That was also a time where the concept of marriage was completely different. In that time there were several reasons for this 1) it guaranteed the virginity of the bride. Not for pedophilia necessarily but it showed that she didn't have children with other people. 2) marriage was something that brought two families together, not two individuals. It was purely a form of contract to establish bonds with another group of people for their mutual benefit. That way there was a whole group of people a bride or groom could turn to that was interested in supporting their relationship. You may find this weird but this form of marriage was much more stable than romantic marriage, which historically and presently is very unstable. 3) people had more children because more of them died and because they needed more children for farm labor. Not that you're wrong, but it lacks the cultural perspective of it all.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-04 00:38:18

Did MV13 just come out of nowhere in favor of fucking animals and children?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-04 02:05:15

At 3/3/15 09:21 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: argument for pedophilia

argument for necrophilia

argument for zoophilia

Alright, time to pass that joint and quit bogarting.

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-04 19:10:14

At 3/4/15 01:21 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote: you guys fail to take into account that overpopulation isnt a problem if our president would just give nasa the funding it needs to colonize space... yes, it's batshit insane.. i'm not surprised at all..

but it's quite a possibility.

Overpopulation really isn't a problem even without NASA in the picture. When countries industrialize people have fewer children naturally, it becomes more expensive to have children and not a possibility economically. This leads to countries having too few children and a strain on government programs. Since every country is on its way to industrializing it's not really a problem in the long run. You can tell because the population growth rate has halved since 1960. The issue is the opposite actually; underpopulation. People having fewer children than can replace themselves.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-06 10:55:05

Weed is a plant that can be grown almost anywhere. Hemp has had many uses in the past. Legalization of weed will provide more money for the state and/or government. It will also lead to less crowding in prisons, people arrested for weed will be released.

BBS Signature

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-07 10:46:07

At 2/26/15 08:51 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Pot will never truly be fully legalized because they cannot patent a Plant.

Last time I checked, the country of Uruguay became the first country to completely legalize pot, so it is possible. I think it's more the use of legalization of growing it

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-07 12:53:31

At 3/7/15 10:46 AM, Ericho wrote:
Last time I checked, the country of Uruguay became the first country to completely legalize pot, so it is possible. I think it's more the use of legalization of growing it

;;;
I was just down in Jamaica & they have decriminalized it for small amounts, under a pound of pot ~:D
For possession 7&growing it.
Believe its still a crime to sell it.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-07 15:18:21

At 3/7/15 12:53 PM, morefngdbs wrote: small amounts, under a pound of pot

A pound is a small amount? They must smoke TONS there.

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-08 12:21:25

At 3/7/15 03:18 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 3/7/15 12:53 PM, morefngdbs wrote: small amounts, under a pound of pot
A pound is a small amount? They must smoke TONS there.

;;;
Well if you look at it in the aspect of growing it, a couple of plants will easily weigh a pound. A really nice plant can easily be more than a pound. Unfortunately anyone with a couple of working brain cells, knows that much of that is 'shake' AKA stems, leaf & roots ...which are unsmokable & get composted. But I have yet to meet a police officer who knows the difference between 'shake' & bud ....IMO they "know" the difference , but will never admit it in a court of law.

You see its more impressive to say "We seized 2 plants that weighed 3 POUNDS" , than for any of those people to admit to the truth & say " we seized 2 plants that had 3 ounces of buds on them"

Which one do you think maks you look like the bigger hero in a court of Law ? ? ?

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to weed legalization???? 2015-03-08 12:50:47

I honestly had no idea it was legalized in those other states (well, some of it). I remember back when the first states were legalizing gay marriage and every time it happened, it made news. Nowadays, it's simply something we know every state will do eventually and I'm hoping it becomes like that for this too.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock