00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for Game Programmers

610 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for Game Programmers 2015-02-23 13:54:16

I've made game music for 3 years and an clearing my space up. I thought of this idea where a game progra.mer could take my music and create a game and themed level design (like mega man) based off of my mood and tone and tempo of the songs. Each level has a different song and there are no more than 3 rooms to a level. No more than 5 levels. This would be a small project, mostly involving the programming of pathways like the enemies in the original SNES castlevania. Ladder, jump, duck, fall, being attacked, running, and attacking animations to the player and no more than movement for most enemies. Some bigger enemies attack but don't move. Bosses change music.

So aside from 5 songs for each level you'd be seeing double that with bosses included and one song for death one song for game win and maybe a menu song. 13 of my works showcased and a complete old-school sidescroller game to boot for you.

Multiple programmers could have a hand in this. Evolving gameplay could be a perk, and maybe each different level has a different style. The only issue is you'd all have to use the same engine or program to compile all these aspects, and my knowledge stops there.

This would be a fun and exciting project in both creative function and professional portfolio, do please notify me if you're interested.

Looking for Game Programmers

Response to Looking for Game Programmers 2015-02-24 22:45:03

Programmer here, If you have the graphic resources cut out already then I could help in the program side.
I'm not expecting pay but I'm actually looking for additional audio resources, gonna pm you.