00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Severe seasonal depression

2,301 Views | 35 Replies

Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-22 23:54:59

Simply put, I am so fucking depressed that I can barely move. I've had a history with seasonal depression but this is by far the worst year yet. I actually feel sick to my stomach...oh god, the feeling is just so overbearing. I feel like I'm doing some kind of exhausting task just lifting my fingers to type this.

What medications/treatments would you recommend? I'm prescribed Wellbutrin (ibuprofen) but I don't think it's enough.

Regardless it usually passes somewhere around spring but I'd really appreciate any advice on how to deal with this until then, please and thank you.

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-22 23:58:54

That must suck. I feel for you.

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:04:36

I'm feeling down myself, maybe we two should get together and... I don't know, try to have some fun

BBS Signature

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:09:28

Music usually helps as does occasional outings with friends. If you really need the extra help I'd recommend using antidepressants during your depression bits. Hope you feel better soon!

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:14:22

Toke some kush.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:18:50

Wtf is "seasonal" depression lmfao

stop listening to your shithead therapist and just be fucking happy its not that hard.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:19:03

At 2/22/15 11:54 PM, T3XT wrote:
What medications/treatments would you recommend? I'm prescribed Wellbutrin (ibuprofen) but I don't think it's enough.

What kind of idiot asks an internet forum for clinical prescriptions? Dammit dude just sleep and ask your doctor tomorrow.

ゴ ゴ ゴ The sig emmits a menacing aura... ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ

BBS Signature

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:21:49

At 2/23/15 12:14 AM, koopahermit wrote: Toke some kush.

Are you serious or...?

I mean, if you are, I'm not necessarily opposed to it, I just can't tell if you're trying to make a wisecrack or not. Some of my friends say weed dulls the pain, but I've also met a couple who say it just makes it worse for them

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:28:11

At 2/23/15 12:21 AM, T3XT wrote:
Are you serious or...?

I mean, if you are, I'm not necessarily opposed to it, I just can't tell if you're trying to make a wisecrack or not. Some of my friends say weed dulls the pain, but I've also met a couple who say it just makes it worse for them

Getting high usually helps you forget about what is making you depressed in the first place. Plus, weed is safer than a lot of stuff out their. Weed has helped some of my friends. It even got one of my friends to stop cutting. In the end, it's your decision.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:31:00

At 2/23/15 12:28 AM, koopahermit wrote

Getting high usually helps you forget about what is making you depressed in the first place. Plus, weed is safer than a lot of stuff out their. Weed has helped some of my friends. It even got one of my friends to stop cutting. In the end, it's your decision.

Ah, okay. I'll consider that, thank you.

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:31:03

Eat. Eat until your heart is contentr. Big Macs do it for me while going through times. Or sleep for awhile, you don't know your asleep when you're asleep. So that means you can't feel anything, or think.

BBS Signature

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:32:11

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/12/02/vitamin-d-shortfall-linked-to-seasonal-depression-researchers-say/

that and magnesium citrate beverage

make sure it stearate free or your a poor ignorant kid who supports bad things

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:34:48

At 2/23/15 12:18 AM, NewgroundsNation wrote: stop listening to your shithead therapist and just be fucking happy its not that hard.

Jesus fucking christ, what I wouldn't give for it to be that easy

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:39:42

I get seasonal depression in summer. I hate the sun and its intense heat

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:40:23

At 2/23/15 12:34 AM, T3XT wrote:
At 2/23/15 12:18 AM, NewgroundsNation wrote: stop listening to your shithead therapist and just be fucking happy its not that hard.
Jesus fucking christ, what I wouldn't give for it to be that easy

Who in the fuck prescribed you ibuprofen for your depression? You know that's an anti-inflammatory for fevers.

Your doctor/therapist must take you for a complete dumbass or something. You might be doomed anyway, the placebo effect isn't working for you. Seriously, stop visiting your therapist. He just tells you the exact opposite of what you want to hear and does not genuinely care about getting you better.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

At 2/23/15 12:40 AM, NewgroundsNation wrote: Who in the fuck prescribed you ibuprofen for your depression? You know that's an anti-inflammatory for fevers.

Your doctor/therapist must take you for a complete dumbass or something. You might be doomed anyway, the placebo effect isn't working for you. Seriously, stop visiting your therapist. He just tells you the exact opposite of what you want to hear and does not genuinely care about getting you better.

Well, I guess that is solid advice.

Ibuprofen does have some antidepressant/anti-anxiety properties, but it's definitely not enough for what I'm going through. It wouldn't surprise me if my pyschiatrist was half-assing his job a little, it wouldn't be the first time he's given me something I don't need. My dad calls him a "pusher", lol.

Maybe I'll look into something else, my friend recommends Latuda.

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:55:17

You mean something like seasonal affective disorder? Why not try getting some SAD lights: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 00:59:58

At 2/23/15 12:55 AM, Gimmick wrote: You mean something like seasonal affective disorder? Why not try getting some SAD lights: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

I actually have one. Though, on a second thought, I don't use it as much as I should.

Thank you for the advice.

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 01:14:15

At 2/23/15 12:04 AM, Gremlin wrote: I'm feeling down myself, maybe we two should get together and... I don't know, try to have some fun

all of us play some steam shit maybe csgo and spam alla akbar at ppl while refusing to defuse bomb as last survivor! It always cheered me up a bit hearing the 12 year olds scream at me.

DONT. If you're mentally ill at all, DO NOT do drugs. This is coming from a guy who spent 2010 ~ 2013 high 24/7. The weed went from beneficial to making me feel like I was being tormented by demons, my bones rotting, etc. And before anyone says it was just tainted weed, I live near colorado and they regulate their legal weed bro, no shit weed allowed.

At 2/23/15 12:19 AM, Joestar wrote:
At 2/22/15 11:54 PM, T3XT wrote:
What kind of idiot asks an internet forum for clinical prescriptions? Dammit dude just sleep and ask your doctor tomorrow.

Listen up, antidepressants are still very risky and experimental. I suggest before you get any of them, that you try st johns wart pills. I started taking them in september 2014, and it reduced my depression by 30%+. I also recommend light therapy; where I'm from it's the desert; 300 days of sunlight a year. Even in winter it's much brighter than germany or england, that's for sure. Get at least an hour of being outside or whatever a day.

If you have a shit life like me, I recommend playing video games as much as possible to distract yourself. If you arent akward or antisocial as fuck, get a job if you're done with school. Literally do anything you can to get yourself out of the house.

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 01:26:14

I read somewhere that posting a thread on an internet forum for advice you're not actually going to take just to passively mention your issues and get attention is a great way to deal with seasonal depression

(>'-')>

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 01:28:26

At 2/23/15 01:14 AM, MrApophis wrote: all of us play some steam shit maybe csgo and spam alla akbar at ppl while refusing to defuse bomb as last survivor! It always cheered me up a bit hearing the 12 year olds scream at me.

That is just fucking awesome man! I like your style already.

BBS Signature

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 01:58:21

At 2/23/15 01:56 AM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F4O84_y8ew

Know what? I don't think I'm getting out of bed tomorrow.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

First thing: seriously, I'm sorry. It's a rotten feeling, and I'm going to remind you of something that may piss you off but you really need to remember: it'll pass. The goal is to decrease how much you have to go through it at other times, and right now all I can do is sympathize.

If you do have seasonal affective disorder, you should really see a doctor because you're likely to come up against this again and again, and with a good doctor's help you might be able to find a medication that suits your needs. Try not to get discouraged if a particular med isn't the right fit right away either.

At 2/23/15 12:01 AM, Cordyceps wrote: Exercise, have coffee with friends, keep moving

Physical activity, vitamin D, and turning on the lights are all helpful. Try not to get discouraged about not succeeding at getting stuff done a given day, just focus on what you're going to do next

At 2/23/15 12:21 AM, T3XT wrote:
Are you serious or...?

Weed is going to decrease your likelihood of getting out and doing stuff.

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 02:55:31

I think depression is a scam and SSRIs just make you suicidal and murderous along with the terrible side effects such as "brain zaps"

plankton on prozac are brazen and get eaten because of it, this is why I hate people who use alcohol. They do things they wouldnt normally do

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 03:26:43

You DO know (if you didn't, you do now) that depression is entirelly in your head. I believe that a strong noggin' can overcome that in no time, getting some sort of hobby always helps.

BBS Signature

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 03:43:11

There is nothing worse, then going through hell of depression. You wake up each day, not knowing if you will make it
'till night, or you will simply give in, and end it all yourself. The drugs sometimes help, and sometimes make it worse.
Felt like I had no control whatsoever over my own life. But with some help from my family, the people who truly love me, I
managed to get myself out of that hell-hole. It took me a while, but I managed to teach myself how to push trough the day, and keep on fighting.
In the end, it all comes down to helping yourself get up and fight, because without that no one can truly help you, no matter how much they would want to.
To conclude, help yourself, so you could go out into the world, and start truly living, and that will be a cure on it's own.
http://lookingupstuff.com/mentalhealth/2015/02/06/how-to-destroy-depression/

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 08:47:20

At 2/22/15 11:54 PM, T3XT wrote: Simply put, I am so fucking depressed that I can barely move. I've had a history with seasonal depression but this is by far the worst year yet. I actually feel sick to my stomach...oh god, the feeling is just so overbearing. I feel like I'm doing some kind of exhausting task just lifting my fingers to type this.

Regardless it usually passes somewhere around spring but I'd really appreciate any advice on how to deal with this until then, please and thank you.

from what i know ibuprofen is for inflamation and stuff.. (notice: i know nothing about meds, just trying to see if anyone who knows is intrested in replying and giving you some more info) but yeah i used to take it for my lip piercings since they swell as sh*t

-guest 073

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 09:36:05

At 2/23/15 03:43 AM, MichaelTrent wrote: There is nothing worse, then going through hell of depression. You wake up each day, not knowing if you will make it
'till night, or you will simply give in, and end it all yourself. The drugs sometimes help, and sometimes make it worse.
Felt like I had no control whatsoever over my own life. But with some help from my family, the people who truly love me, I
managed to get myself out of that hell-hole. It took me a while, but I managed to teach myself how to push trough the day, and keep on fighting.
In the end, it all comes down to helping yourself get up and fight, because without that no one can truly help you, no matter how much they would want to.
To conclude, help yourself, so you could go out into the world, and start truly living, and that will be a cure on it's own.
http://lookingupstuff.com/mentalhealth/2015/02/06/how-to-destroy-depression/

best repsonse so far, didnt check the link. I've been depressed for about 12 years or so, it doesnt ever go away fer me. I have no motivation but not sure your symptoms. You feel weak? Or you jsut don't care? I'm the latter.

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 09:51:06

Dude, you sound like a man hell-bent on wanting to give it up, but are making the excuse that it is just a seasonal thing.

I think you just missed out on Valentine's Day again... or No Fap February

Response to Severe seasonal depression 2015-02-23 10:05:46

Two books I recommend are:

The Depression Cure

The Mood Cure

You already have a light, so that's good. The Depression Cure recommends one, plus a bunch of other fairly simple things.

The Mood Cure uses amino acid supplements, which I have found helps too.