00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What age did you stop watching CN?

3,381 Views | 57 Replies

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-02-23 00:23:49

I still watch it. These days CN is more appealing than Adult Swim. Adult Swim takes forever to get new seasons of shows and fills the rest in with Fox shows.

Too many cartoons in the mid 2000s to remember any overplayed.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-02-23 00:43:52

At 2/22/15 09:41 PM, dlxrevolution wrote: Slowed and and eventually stopped when I was 15, but just recently started back watching it again.

no shame

Same here. My father actually started watching Regular Show, and that's how I got back to CN, and then heard about AT and all that other jazz.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-02-28 11:02:30

My interest was rekindled when I learned they were making a show based on "Adventure Time!". I remember first seeing the pilot episode and thinking to myself, "Yes, this cartoon is going places!", and I was right! It's quite satisfying when you're right when you think something will be really popular.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-02-28 15:23:46

Roughly when Chowder was cancelled. I started again after discovering Adventure time. I've since stopped again because I don't have it - I have freeview at university and that means I don't get to watch cartoon network anymore.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-02-28 15:25:00

I do sometimes in the morning before I go to school, such as Fosters.

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-02-28 20:12:01

What is age, it is a number, what is a number, an arbitrary statement to describe the quantity, what is quantity, the ruling of measurement, what is measurement, a way to estimate the length, EVERYTHING EXISTENCE, out flows the 14th, REPENT REPENT

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-02-28 20:19:10

I only watch adult swim now. gumball and regular show are pretty good but other than that, I just watch [AD]

I don't even bother with dc shows anymore. they just get cancelled after the second episode.

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-02-28 20:36:38

I almost quit watching due to that 2009 crisis with the live-action take over thanks to Stuart Snyder's vision of hell on earth. We can thank Adventure Time and Regular Show for bringing back the demand for cartoons and overthrowing the czar behind The Incredible Crew.

Everything's cool now besides those annoying bumpers they play that hyperactive kids record on their phones for the network. I love Steven Universe and Gumball, also just about anything Adult Swim plays at three in the morning.

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-02-28 20:36:40

At 2/28/15 03:25 PM, Avery wrote: I do sometimes in the morning before I go to school, such as Fosters.

You live in CA and they still air Fosters on Cartoon Network here? I thought that show was long gone from CN, maybe pulled off CN in 2011. I haven't watched CN since 2008 so I am surprised if they still air it

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-02-28 20:40:46

You live in CA and they still air Fosters on Cartoon Network here? I thought that show was long gone from CN, maybe pulled off CN in 2011. I haven't watched CN since 2008 so I am surprised if they still air it

I think it's on boomerang. Oh well, same shit.

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-03-01 10:17:45

They started showing live-action shows at around the same time my TV no longer broadcast the network, because you had to pay for it or something. When the cartoons started coming back, I got the channel again and BOY, was that an appropriate time!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 06:38:19

At 2/22/15 10:51 AM, ILoveVegasBitch wrote: At what age did you stop watching Cartoon Network, the daytime portion, and altogether if you stopped watching it (that means including Adult Swim and the other stuff)? A lot of people on older threads said they stopped at around age 10 or 11. Some say 15. Some are in their 20s and still watch it "if nothing else is on."

Also in mid 2000s what do you think were the most overplayed cartoons on CN/AS?

As a producer of children's animation I've always been a fan of CN. It's something more irreverent than Nickelodeon and offers a great outlet for producers with quirky ideas that might otherwise not get made. I'm 37 and always glad to watch a little CN ! :)

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 06:41:53

I stopped watching all television at age 18, which was almost 8 years ago. I haven't owned a television for almost a decade now

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 07:02:42

At 2/22/15 10:51 AM, ILoveVegasBitch wrote: At what age did you stop watching Cartoon Network

I DIDN'T.

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 07:09:43

I watch Adventure Time and am 27. I have watched CN for most of my life.

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 07:11:08

When they stopped showing adult swim....I miss superjail and metalocalypse

fucking australian television

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 07:29:37

I practically stopped watching cartoons when I was 19.

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 08:25:20

I don't think I've stop yet, there was one point where I stop for a bit during the time of CN real..)

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 08:30:59

I never stopped watching, it just wasn't part of my TV subscription anymore somewhere around the mid 2000s.
I'm still watching it and I'm gonna be 18 this Sunday.

hint hint

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 08:40:38

I've stopped watching CN at the age of 16, in 2010. That's when I stopped watchng TV entirely. Interwebz are the shit now :3.

I'd especially like the channel back in the middle of the last decade. Too bad the new stuff that had been added ever since was crap, and I only watched it "if nothing else was on". My favourite shows were Ed Edd n Eddy and Dexter's Lab (before the dumbass redesign that made me call it "Dexter's Meth Lab"). Visuals actually seem to be an important part of an animated show to me, and it was really irritating when the channel was flooded with cartoons with disproportioned characters that made Chris-chan look like Miyazaki.

If Friendship is truly Magic, then I'm little more than a muggle in this regard...

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 10:05:14

I stopped actively watching CN around the beginning of highschool. From highschool until my second year of college I'd leave the TV on as ambiance, and CN was one of the few channel numbers I knew.

In my opinion, CN took a turn for the worse not with the live action shows, but with Adventure Time and Regular Show. Even when the shows had only two or three episodes, they'd air them multiple times a day. It was mind-numbing.

I used to get up on Saturdays to watch DC Nation, but that eventually turned into a two hour Teen Titans Go marathon made worse by the fact that it only had like ten episodes when they started doing that. I thought they brought back the Cartoon Top Five, but every time I watched it they were airing the same five episodes.

What gets me is that TTGO, Regular Show, Clarence, Gumball, Steven Universe, and Adventure Time get aired back to back all throughout the day, and everything else is hidden in a morning block. Sonic Boom gets new episodes every saturday but it comes on earlier than most kids are awake. They constantly advertise Ninjago and Lego Thundercats but it airs at an unreasonable hour in the morning. I actually forgot CN still aired Pokemon until I noticed a new movie was confirmed.

I try to watch Adult Swim but their lineup changes so often that it's easier to just wait for someone to dump the show I wanna watch on Youtube or wherever. I don't object to Adult Swim starting at 8, but since half of their lineup is reruns of King of the Hill, Cleveland Show, American Dad, and Family Guy, it's an absolute waste. I can't be bothered to stay up and watch Toonami. I always fall asleep before One Piece. It needs to come on earlier. All they air until then is leftovers from Fox Animation Domination anyway, it's not like they'd be giving anything up.

TL;DR: CN sucks now and the people in charge of the channel's lineup should be fired.

Also Boomerang is ruined.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 10:36:18

At 5/5/15 10:24 AM, Vixuzar wrote: I don't think i'll stop because simply... cartoons\anime\etc... isn't for kids only

I mentioned this earlier. Glad that you agree with me.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 12:02:33

Never did. Never will.

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 15:54:22

It's not CN but I stopped regularly watching the cartoon channel of my region when they took off anime because it was pretty much the only good stuff they had. They still have South Park late at night though.

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 16:12:49

At 2/22/15 10:52 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: western cartoons should be taken off the air. give people culture instead. give people anime

--supergandhi64

If you love Japan so much, why don't you cut your eyes into slits and go try your best to assimilate?

Good fucking luck.

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 16:24:30

I'd still be watching it if I had cable here. I grew up with Cartoon Network.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 16:38:59

When I moved, but some shows keep me coming back. Adventure Time and Steven Universe, and Toonami's return especially.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to What age did you stop watching CN? 2015-05-05 16:46:10

I stopped around 2008-09 or so. When Ed Edd n Eddy ended.

I miss the cartoon cartoons. Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Courage, etc.. Now if I turn on CN, it's for a re-run of an older show. Otherwise stick to their sister channel, Boomerang (which airs all of the classic looney tunes and hanna barbera shows.)

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature