00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Question:Which one do you prefer?

1,069 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Question:Which one do you prefer? 2015-02-20 21:14:41

Sup guys, i am currently one of the musicians in the project Super Mario 64 Fan Remake, and i have a question. I had to do a remastered version of the file select theme, and i ended with 2 versions:

Version 1 AKA Double Flute: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93823550/File%20Select.mp3

Version 2 AKA Solo Flute: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93823550/File%20Select_2.mp3

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdDI53VeGAc

Which one do you prefer? V1 or V2?

Response to Question:Which one do you prefer? 2015-02-20 22:21:52

Major major major intonation issues with the doubled version (which isn't unlike what you'd get in real life), so I'd go with the solo version. My approach would be take the solo version, move that flute line up an octave, and double it with something subtle-yet-percussive, (like marimba) in the original octave.

Also, I don't think you're supposed to be making threads with links to your own music, as it's seen as "advertisement".

BBS Signature

Response to Question:Which one do you prefer? 2015-02-20 22:26:13

At 2/20/15 10:21 PM, DavidOrr wrote: Major major major intonation issues with the doubled version (which isn't unlike what you'd get in real life), so I'd go with the solo version. My approach would be take the solo version, move that flute line up an octave, and double it with something subtle-yet-percussive, (like marimba) in the original octave.

Also, I don't think you're supposed to be making threads with links to your own music, as it's seen as "advertisement".

I kinda have a topic but since i am not gonna upload these (yet) to newground, i thought i was ok to ask a question heh

Funnyly enough, the Solo flute is a 1 octave lowered recorder LOL

Response to Question:Which one do you prefer? 2015-02-20 23:02:26

At 2/20/15 10:26 PM, NyxTheShield wrote:
At 2/20/15 10:21 PM, DavidOrr wrote: Major major major intonation issues with the doubled version (which isn't unlike what you'd get in real life), so I'd go with the solo version. My approach would be take the solo version, move that flute line up an octave, and double it with something subtle-yet-percussive, (like marimba) in the original octave.

I kinda have a topic but since i am not gonna upload these (yet) to newground, i thought i was ok to ask a question heh

Funnyly enough, the Solo flute is a 1 octave lowered recorder LOL

Yeah it doesn't really sound like a flute, but I like the sound regardless -- though I do think it has a nicer sound in its original octave.

BBS Signature

Response to Question:Which one do you prefer? 2015-02-21 18:57:23

Yeah, I'd definitely go with V2.

Oh hai.

BBS Signature