00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Black Render on Toon Boom Pro 2

1,431 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Black Render on Toon Boom Pro 2 2015-02-19 22:45:06

I'm really iffy about doing this, but I was wondering if for some reason there were any toon boom animate pro experts that could tell me why my project keeps exporting as black, and why toon boom doesn't want to do anything with swf.

My Problem is: I wanted to finish up a PSA on smoking, and I decided to make it nothing but black and white, and a cigarette with a orange butt, and thats it
I was trying to keep it simple, by literally having only one layer of nothing but black lines, and no backgrounds or anything. I was expecting the project to render as nothing but black lines against a white background, but it doesn't its just all black

Also I tried to export it as an swf, and it crashes the dang program, EVERY TIME. I even try previewing it as an swf, and it crashes, and this isn't the same for any other project I'm working on its just this one, every other project works fine, and exports fine

Can someone please help me, and tell me if I pushed the wrong button or, if There is somekind of trick or work around, or fix, because I am literally done with everything and the only problem is just exporting.

Response to Black Render on Toon Boom Pro 2 2015-02-20 01:30:08

At 2/19/15 10:45 PM, Broomcast wrote: I'm really iffy about doing this, but I was wondering if for some reason there were any toon boom animate pro experts that could tell me why my project keeps exporting as black, and why toon boom doesn't want to do anything with swf.

My Problem is: I wanted to finish up a PSA on smoking, and I decided to make it nothing but black and white, and a cigarette with a orange butt, and thats it
I was trying to keep it simple, by literally having only one layer of nothing but black lines, and no backgrounds or anything. I was expecting the project to render as nothing but black lines against a white background, but it doesn't its just all black

Also I tried to export it as an swf, and it crashes the dang program, EVERY TIME. I even try previewing it as an swf, and it crashes, and this isn't the same for any other project I'm working on its just this one, every other project works fine, and exports fine
if y
Can someone please help me, and tell me if I pushed the wrong button or, if There is somekind of trick or work around, or fix, because I am literally done with everything and the only problem is just exporting.

I get lost from this too and have to note myself whenever I export stuff on toon boom pro because it requires a different method. Were you able to test your movies on render just fine? If its good but exporting all iffy try this if you use a video editing software. What I do is go into the Network option and go to the "Write" module. There I choose what the filename, export format (mine is PNG) I want to be and click close once I am done. I than go to file->export->render network and click ok. THIS WILL EXPORT ALL FRAMES IN SEPERATED IMAGE to be loaded on a video editing software such as adobe premiere.

Currently doing short rough animations here http://khanhcpham.deviantart.com/

Response to Black Render on Toon Boom Pro 2 2015-02-20 23:33:34

Well that's actually quite an odd issue. Usually there shouldn't be a problem export the files into swfs.

But if you can't export swfs, what you can do is make a white color-card which will create a "white background" for your animation and you can just export it as a .mov file.

Or a more primitive approach, draw / color a white background by hand.

Response to Black Render on Toon Boom Pro 2 2015-02-21 18:53:21

Thats a pretty good work around. No I wasn't able to test my movies on render, but only when I tried to make a test SWF movie. the other methods like "render and play" still work, but make the whole screen completely black except for the one thing thats colored. Still thanks for the work around I'll see if I can do that. :]

Response to Black Render on Toon Boom Pro 2 2015-02-22 05:28:34

At 2/21/15 06:53 PM, Broomcast wrote: Thats a pretty good work around. No I wasn't able to test my movies on render, but only when I tried to make a test SWF movie. the other methods like "render and play" still work, but make the whole screen completely black except for the one thing thats colored. Still thanks for the work around I'll see if I can do that. :]

Seems like there is problem if render and play still plays in black while the timeline itself shows the movie. Maybe its because it has no backgrounds. Maybe try having a white background might fix this.

Response to Black Render on Toon Boom Pro 2 2015-02-22 16:29:18

Thank you so much for the simple fix, :]
I just slapped a white background behind everything and exported it as a .mov file, and it worked like a charm, I much prefer to export as a swf because i find it to be much more "control-able" in terms of editing, but hey its better than nothing

Response to Black Render on Toon Boom Pro 2 2015-02-22 17:18:57

At 2/22/15 04:29 PM, Broomcast wrote: Thank you so much for the simple fix, :]
I just slapped a white background behind everything and exported it as a .mov file, and it worked like a charm, I much prefer to export as a swf because i find it to be much more "control-able" in terms of editing, but hey its better than nothing

No problem. Toon Boom works a bit different than flash but it does have some really cool functions.