00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Troisnyx's Music Thread!

83,739 Views | 601 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-18 04:10:18

At 4/17/17 08:30 PM, MegaSphere wrote: I made a lyric video of my remix of your 'Can You See the Clouds Divide' track.

Link below!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNX0o9q4o28

Saw the video, it was a lovely surprise. Thank you! ^_^

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-19 21:20:06

Currently revisiting a track that I had previously put in the Reject pile; I never thought I would be letting it see the light of day again. Maybe I just couldn't let go of the feel I wanted this piece to have and this has the best chords I could think of.... Anyway, the current name for the track is Underneath a Sea of Stars; not sure if this is going to be the final title.

Compare and contrast:

The original, which was created in 2011,
and

The current version, remade from scratch, last modified today.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-25 15:45:24

Did all of what you're about to hear, just today. Spent the afternoon doing this.
https://instaud.io/TZZ

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-26 05:12:42

I cannot keep a secret about this any longer. What I have been working on is a remake of this.
Tagging every single last user who was involved in our leg of the semifinal of the NGADM 2012 and who later had involvement with this song, for better or for worse. You all fucking saw this coming.

@Waterflame @gadogry @B16 @Back-From-Purgatory @AlbertStClare @Buoy @sorohanro @SkyeWint @Jiimaan @AetherX @Omegeist @kintobor @johnfn @chim1aap @Theatr @samulis @DivoFST

Troisnyx's Music Thread!

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-26 10:08:48

At 4/26/17 08:22 AM, Omegeist wrote: Ahaha, good luck. The original will never leave the list though.

Oh fuck you too, m8

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-26 18:38:42

At 4/26/17 05:12 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I cannot keep a secret about this any longer.

Sounds good.
If you need some real trumpets there... ;)

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-26 19:31:10

At 4/26/17 06:38 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 4/26/17 05:12 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I cannot keep a secret about this any longer.
Sounds good.
If you need some real trumpets there... ;)

No idea; the original Mio/Homura did not have brasses and I am still not sure if any of them remotely fit... Anyway, I know the file linked on Instaudio isn't complete but what were your first impressions?

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-27 01:23:10 (edited 2017-04-27 01:24:57)

Sounds awesome to me. I continue to offer my mixing services if you need them. (Though maybe that's not the point...)

(Also I somehow never realized it's in 5/4. Very nicely done.)

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-27 03:29:11

At 4/27/17 01:23 AM, johnfn wrote: Sounds awesome to me. I continue to offer my mixing services if you need them. (Though maybe that's not the point...)

(Also I somehow never realized it's in 5/4. Very nicely done.)

5/4, with a middle verse in 6/4. Cheers. I would normally appreciate mixing help, but this time, I would like to do this on my own.

I also hope I can do a music video on this; plans have been discussed and it seems to be in the offing for mid-May. So I have a target, to finish the music and record everything I need to record by then.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-28 11:58:30

I'm in a pensive mood, longing for Song of the Firefly, a game in development hell. Those of you who have been following my music thread for a while will know that I am dejected that the Kickstarter for this game did not get funded.

Regardless: you all know Nightfall, so now here are two more tracks that I wrote for this game. I hope to see the game come to fruition eventually...

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-29 09:29:29

At 4/26/17 07:31 PM, Troisnyx wrote: No idea; the original Mio/Homura did not have brasses and I am still not sure if any of them remotely fit... Anyway, I know the file linked on Instaudio isn't complete but what were your first impressions?

The strings are a bit thin. Could do better with a better library. Drums could use more "oomph". Piano sounds very nice.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-29 09:40:22

At 4/29/17 09:29 AM, sorohanro wrote:
At 4/26/17 07:31 PM, Troisnyx wrote: No idea; the original Mio/Homura did not have brasses and I am still not sure if any of them remotely fit... Anyway, I know the file linked on Instaudio isn't complete but what were your first impressions?
The strings are a bit thin. Could do better with a better library. Drums could use more "oomph". Piano sounds very nice.

(Bearing in mind that more drums need to be recorded and I am making space for those, but thanks -- duly noted.)

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-30 09:34:40

Tweaking Homura as I speak. Started with the tempo (so really, on paper, it can actually be marked Prestissimo as I had originally hoped because this thing is meant to be frenetic). Thickened the strings, bass and existing drums per @sorohanro's comments -- although recording the actual parts will give me a better guideline on where to space things. Also actually lengthened Homura by a bit. This is the extended version, after all.

My workflow is not recognisable to most because I'm not normally one for separating my instruments unless I absolutely have to. So my patterns go by song sections... like the image below.

Troisnyx's Music Thread!

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-30 11:49:59 (edited 2017-04-30 11:55:43)

Current progress with Homura (link goes to Instaudio). It sounds vastly different to the last draft I posted. Need to iron out those volume envelopes but then after that, I can safely say that the music for Homura is done and I can now concentrate on the bridge between it and Mio.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-30 14:34:42

At 4/30/17 09:34 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Tweaking Homura as I speak. Thickened the strings...

The sorohanro guy approves this.

Troisnyx's Music Thread!

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-04-30 15:42:04

At 4/30/17 02:34 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 4/30/17 09:34 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Tweaking Homura as I speak. Thickened the strings...
The sorohanro guy approves this.

Meeeeep!

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-05-01 18:34:49

First attempt at vocals for Homura. A darn sight better than the 2012 version ALREADY.
https://instaud.io/UQo

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-05-03 10:00:18

And now with additional voices!
https://instaud.io/V2B

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-05-09 03:21:21 (edited 2017-05-09 03:44:44)

The current version of Homura:
https://instaud.io/VRQ

Now with added percussion; I took time off to record tambourine and one of my drums on Sunday.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-05-10 19:15:12

Alright, updates:

1) I finally have a preliminary version of Mio/Homura's progression, albeit with missing voices. Will be recording the rest over tomorrow, Friday, Saturday and Sunday because I'm determined to get this done for the 15th.

2) MUSIC VIDEO FOR MIO/HOMURA IS A GO. A GREEN SCREEN WILL BE INVOLVED. I AM SO EXCITED. :D So what's gonna happen then?

You'll most definitely see me singing, maybe playing my long drum, dancing, being made up by friends (face paint and henna-like designs)... and perhaps there may be bloopers and outtakes, if it ever gets to that. Knowing me, it likely will.

3) Meeeeeeep~

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-05-20 17:53:35

Sacrilege; what the fuck have I wound myself up in? @TheDukeOfJuke I'm gonna need a little help on hip-hop here, if you would please. If not TDOJ, anyone.

I think I get a vague inkling of what the music should sound like (and how it can be varied), but I'm not confident about it at all.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-05-26 04:17:14

I've set up a Discord chat for, perhaps, the few of you who are interested in what music I do etc.
https://discordapp.com/invite/STys96C

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-05-31 15:57:08

Apologies to @Wondermeow and @johnfn that I haven't started anything yet. Today was quite a long day, due to commitments and in part due to this, which I hinted at quite a while back. Seán and I scouted the area where we're hoping to record the Mio/Homura music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W6C5d0p7GU

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-05-31 16:10:15

No problem, if you can keep us posted when your able to work on it that would be awesome, thank you.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-05-31 16:19:14

At 5/31/17 04:10 PM, Wondermeow wrote: No problem, if you can keep us posted when your able to work on it that would be awesome, thank you.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

I'll start laying down some harp tomorrow afternoon, after my fiancé's visit.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-05-31 16:22:15

Thats great news thank you for the immediate update.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

At 5/31/17 04:19 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 5/31/17 04:10 PM, Wondermeow wrote: No problem, if you can keep us posted when your able to work on it that would be awesome, thank you.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow
I'll start laying down some harp tomorrow afternoon, after my fiancé's visit.

BBS Signature

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-06-05 19:45:44

Hi Troisnyx,

I left you a message just following up how the music is coming along. Do you believe it would be completed this week by any chance? If you are running into some complications could you give an update, hope all is well.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-06-06 05:38:42

At 6/5/17 07:45 PM, Wondermeow wrote: Hi Troisnyx,

I left you a message just following up how the music is coming along. Do you believe it would be completed this week by any chance? If you are running into some complications could you give an update, hope all is well.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

It should be, yes. I've got the file open and I'm working on it at the moment. Been having a lot of personal difficulties, but ploughing through nonetheless.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2017-06-06 05:50:55

At 6/6/17 05:38 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 6/5/17 07:45 PM, Wondermeow wrote: Hi Troisnyx,

Kind regards,

Wondermeow
It should be, yes. I've got the file open and I'm working on it at the moment. Been having a lot of personal difficulties, but ploughing through nonetheless.

Replying to my own reply to you, Wondermeow, to give a window as to where I am in this track.
https://instaud.io/ZR0

The physical instruments have been done apart from tin whistle, which 1) isn't quite period, and 2) I am extremely nervous about and have flubbed several times to my own frustration. So right now, I am embellishing this up. Hope you like what you hear so far.