00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drawing animals

409 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Drawing animals 2015-02-19 10:46:22

I would like to start to draw anthros and furies, but I have a hard time drawing animals. Any tips?

Confused Rubix is Confused

Response to Drawing animals 2015-02-19 11:08:47

At 2/19/15 10:46 AM, officalrubix wrote: I would like to start to draw anthros and furies, but I have a hard time drawing animals. Any tips?

Draw from references.

I think you haven't quite grappled with fundamental stuff yet, which is why you're struggling with animals. Take for example Jojododo's reply to you in this thread, where he wants you to understand how something acts in a 3D space.

Once you figure out how to construct something in cubes, cylinders and spheres, you will have an easier time with shading, drawing from life/photos and (eventually) getting to grips with animals, which have all kinds of weird and wonderful anatomy.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing animals 2015-02-19 11:09:20

At 2/19/15 10:46 AM, officalrubix wrote: I would like to start to draw anthros and furies, but I have a hard time drawing animals. Any tips?

Well...first is observation. Second is understanding their form and shape. then details. Before drawing antros or furries, draw their original form first. Once you understand their type of body and facial shapes. Also, sketch is important. Don't go into detail yet, cause you want to get the shape right.

Support me on my Patreon!