00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Amiibo collecters thread.

6,985 Views | 86 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-03-31 19:52:26

I was able to find a Rosalina and a Dedede for only 50$

I'm also getting a Gold Mario in the mail. :)

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-03-31 20:54:52

At 3/31/15 04:24 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 3/29/15 05:54 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Anyone still collecting amiibos? I managed to find Fox at Best Buy today.
Just found out that the only other 2 amiibos I want are ONLY sold at exclusive stores, one being best buy, and one being toys r us, and neither of those stores are in the area where im living right now, so I have to hang on to that .01% chance that there will still be some of them left when I get back home in May

Meta Knight and Lucario? Don't count on it. Exclusives can't be found in stores anymore. I don't know if any of them are still in production outside of Japan, actually. And if they are, scalpers get them before anyone even knows they're there.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-01 00:35:52

At 3/31/15 08:54 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
Meta Knight and Lucario? Don't count on it. Exclusives can't be found in stores anymore. I don't know if any of them are still in production outside of Japan, actually. And if they are, scalpers get them before anyone even knows they're there.

Well fuck. Cant say I didnt figure as much though. Think it'll be possible to find em online even?

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-01 09:36:35

At 4/1/15 12:35 AM, Lionelion wrote:
At 3/31/15 08:54 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Meta Knight and Lucario? Don't count on it. Exclusives can't be found in stores anymore. I don't know if any of them are still in production outside of Japan, actually. And if they are, scalpers get them before anyone even knows they're there.
Well fuck. Cant say I didnt figure as much though. Think it'll be possible to find em online even?

Definitely, but not for cheap. I just shelled out $36 for Marth. Your best bets are Amazon and eBay. If you can't find any for a good price there, check the UK sites (or US if you don't live here).

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-01 16:26:01

Wave 3 has the best detail of all waves I must say.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-02 20:45:04

I just bought two Amiibo, I am buying Zelda for my daughter and a few others tomorrow

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-02 21:37:37

Anyone get their wave 4 preorders? Lucina and Robin were gone but I managed to get Ness and Pacman, and I also ordered Charizard and Wario since I already had the money for four.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-03 14:42:01

At 4/2/15 09:37 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Anyone get their wave 4 preorders? Lucina and Robin were gone but I managed to get Ness and Pacman, and I also ordered Charizard and Wario since I already had the money for four.

At this point I'm not bothering with preorders, if I see one in a store I'll get it, but otherwise I won't bother. Hope I find a Robin or a Pacman at some point.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-03 22:25:03

At 4/3/15 02:42 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 4/2/15 09:37 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Anyone get their wave 4 preorders? Lucina and Robin were gone but I managed to get Ness and Pacman, and I also ordered Charizard and Wario since I already had the money for four.
At this point I'm not bothering with preorders, if I see one in a store I'll get it, but otherwise I won't bother. Hope I find a Robin or a Pacman at some point.

That's pretty doubtful. Nintendo is pretty much only bothering to ship preorders now. The only ones that'll be in stores after this wave comes out are Charizard and Wario.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-04 02:23:19

At 4/3/15 10:25 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: That's pretty doubtful. Nintendo is pretty much only bothering to ship preorders now. The only ones that'll be in stores after this wave comes out are Charizard and Wario.

That may be, but it might be better in countries other than the U.S. Canada has had a slightly better selection just because of smaller demand.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-04 17:08:21

I would like to get a toon link Amiibo but really only to make it into the first real Lonk Amiibo

Just bought some more Amiibo, I got, Sonic,Sheik,Mario, and Zelda.

Mario will be joining his brothers in arms when I get home on Monday.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-05 11:52:32

At 4/4/15 09:18 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Mario will be joining his brothers in arms when I get home on Monday.

I am gonna beat your collection eventually ;)

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-05 18:01:23

At 4/5/15 11:52 AM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
At 4/4/15 09:18 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Mario will be joining his brothers in arms when I get home on Monday.
I am gonna beat your collection eventually ;)

Maybe, but you'll never beat my buddy's collection.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-05 18:04:56

At 4/5/15 06:01 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:

Is that real? I saw a ebay listing with I believe that exact same photo for 150 So,yea...I am thinking I can.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-05 18:16:40

At 4/5/15 06:04 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
At 4/5/15 06:01 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
Is that real? I saw a ebay listing with I believe that exact same photo for 150 So,yea...I am thinking I can.

It is, here's his facebook post with the picture. And there's absolutely no way you can buy all three complete waves for $150, since an NIB Marth and Villager alone are worth that much.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-05 19:12:21

At 4/5/15 06:16 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:

Sure you can, if they are stolen

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-06 01:07:00

At 4/5/15 06:16 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: since an NIB Marth and Villager alone are worth that much.

Nintendo already announced that Marth is getting a second run, as is Little Mac and Captain Falcon. Despite their total mishandling of the situation in terms of stock, they may eventually get a decent circulation going.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-06 08:38:09

At 4/6/15 01:07 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 4/5/15 06:16 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: since an NIB Marth and Villager alone are worth that much.
Nintendo already announced that Marth is getting a second run, as is Little Mac and Captain Falcon. Despite their total mishandling of the situation in terms of stock, they may eventually get a decent circulation going.

If they wanted to make sure everyone could get the amiibos they want they wouldn't only be filling preorders. It's live this all over the world. In my region Lucina and Robin were sold out after ten orders.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-06 14:11:15

At 4/6/15 01:07 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Captain Falcon.

linx or fake

BBS Signature

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-06 18:45:32

At 4/6/15 02:11 PM, darkjam wrote:
linx or fake

This was the headline.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-06 21:07:47

I am not really looking into becoming a collector, but I am thinking about going after a few.

I have heard about exclusivity to Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, and Gamestop, and I have all of them near me, but I am concerned about availability. I am also looking at ordering some online...

Some notes:

- I am ditching my 3DS... I have a New 3DS now, and will be getting that first New 3DS exclusive game...but I not sure I will be able to find and Shulk Amiibos there. I know of a couple GameStops nearby, but indications are there won't be any Shulk.

- Bowser is my main, and I may get that if I cannot get one of the limited ones. Perhaps Kirby as well.

- I like Meta Knight as a character. This is a Best Buy exclusive, and also limited.

- Lucario at Toys R Us. If I can get that, I may also go for an Amiibo of the first DLC character. Lucario is the same voice as Goku, and Mewtwo's appearance is kind of like Frieza, or something.

- The other currently unreleased (and not planned for release) I want: Duck Hunt. I feel like going for the troll character.

Anyway, I am wondering how I should go about this. I will probably buy one or two within the next ten days.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Let me be honest here...I am a n00b at the Amiibo thing. Shulk, Lucario, Meta Knight all sold out pretty quickly and I am not sure if I will be able to get to those. The Gamestop website suggests May 1 may be the next Shulk date...

Anyway, what is a good way to track Amiibo shipments and rarity? I am not going for a big collection, but I would like to get my hands on some of the more rare ones.

Woah...

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-07 14:46:42

At 4/6/15 06:45 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
linx or fake
This was the headline.

Damn, I thought you meant worldwide, not just america.

BBS Signature

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-07 15:05:17

At 4/7/15 02:46 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 4/6/15 06:45 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
linx or fake
This was the headline.
Damn, I thought you meant worldwide, not just america.

They're not making more of them like they are with Marth, they just found Captain Falcon and Little Mac in warehouses and are sending them out. This already happened a few times with wave 1 amiibos and they'll be gone just as fast as they were the first time. If you're looking to get one for $13, you're going to have to camp out your Best Buy and hope it's one that gets the shipment.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-09 22:55:29

This could be a rumor, but I heard that theyre starting to make amiibos no longer region locked. Looking online on amazon, im seeing japanese amiibos being $10-$20 cheaper than their american counterparts, so I might just order some japanese ones.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-10 07:52:41

At 4/9/15 10:55 PM, Lionelion wrote: This could be a rumor, but I heard that theyre starting to make amiibos no longer region locked. Looking online on amazon, im seeing japanese amiibos being $10-$20 cheaper than their american counterparts, so I might just order some japanese ones.

Amiibos were never region-locked, they just have different packaging. I know people with Europoean and Japanese amiibos that work fine, we live in the US.

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-04-11 14:15:46

At 4/11/15 12:29 PM, kanef wrote: meh im throwing in a 2 cents

sky landers: wtf is this bullshit boo no not spyro muh childhood
amiibo: oh fuck yes i can hot glue wiifit its okay when nintendo does it

(note: latter is fine, former isnt really)

When sky landers came out, I thought the concept was pretty cool. But then it became a cash cow, and from what I've heard, old figurines became obsolete, making consumers buy new ones. Either way, it was just ridiculous at how they treated it, Amiibo are the same thing in how they work, but the difference is that the skylanders games are average at best, while you can use amiibo with some pretty fun games like smash bros, mario kart 8 and hyrule warriors to name a few.

BBS Signature

Response to Amiibo collecters thread. 2015-05-11 11:02:01

Little Mac and Captain Falcon reruns flickered on and off all weekend. Anyone manage to get any?