00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

worst books you've read

2,399 Views | 42 Replies

worst books you've read 2015-02-18 19:34:28

the perks of being a wall flower is my pick

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 19:36:11

Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 19:36:36

Into the Wild. I couldn't even finish it.

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 19:37:17

the last fictional book i read was the cay in the grade 6, there just that bad

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 19:38:26

At 2/18/15 07:36 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: Into the Wild. I couldn't even finish it.

Is it as bad as the movie everyone praises and loves?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 19:40:54

A Painted House. Only John Grisham book that I literally hated so much. There was literally nothing going on or interesting about the book. It was so boring that I wanted to burn it, and I love books and hate book burners.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 19:42:34

At 2/18/15 07:38 PM, Slint wrote: Is it as bad as the movie everyone praises and loves?

I thought the writing was super pretentious. I don't know why, but it irritated the hell out of me. The tone of the movie wasn't nearly as bad.

In either case, they apparently glossed over some stuff, like how his parents were allegedly abusive as fuck, hence why he bailed like he did.

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 19:45:51

Catcher in the Rye.

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 19:47:59

At 2/18/15 07:41 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 2/18/15 07:40 PM, VJF wrote: A Painted House. Only John Grisham book that I literally hated so much. There was literally nothing going on or interesting about the book. It was so boring that I wanted to burn it, and I love books and hate book burners.
why are you reading john grisham

i'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're not a middle aged white woman

I find his stuff pretty decent. Also, I am one of those people who will and does read anything that I can get my hands on. I have even been known to read instruction manuals, pamphlets, advertisements, and even parts of the phone book when there is nothing else to read. THe only thing I refuse to read is the bible. Too much made up bullshit.

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 19:51:16

Worst book I've ever read... I want to say Twilight, but I know I've read worse. I just hate Twilight the most.

Okay, I'd say the Da Vinci Code. That books was painful to read for me.

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 19:59:13

twilight

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 20:03:21

I don't have the attention span to sit and read bad books, but 'The Odyssey" was probably one of the longest boring books I recall attempting to read and understand

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 20:04:17

At 2/18/15 07:55 PM, SpaceWhale wrote: eeeee eee eeee is simultaneously the worst and best book i've ever read

dag son you into sum Tao Lin?

Skaren's a big fan of him and Bed, i'm sure he'd be glad to chat you up on them if you're ever inclined to participate.

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 20:04:17

At 2/18/15 07:45 PM, All-American-Badass wrote: Catcher in the Rye.

lol When we had to read this in school, we all got the teacher to pick something else while we were in the middle of it and we didn't have to finish it. Another book we all hated was Ethan Frome, but we had to go through that one.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 20:12:17

Moon People by Dale Courtney

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 20:27:22

A book on accounting.

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 20:34:52

With a title like "Angels and Demons", you think it'd be pretty cool.
But it dragged on for way too long, and that was not pretty cool.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 20:59:27

Green Eggs and Ham was complete garbage.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 21:08:02

Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance

Don't remember why I read it in the first place really

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 21:09:39

The worst book I have read was probably Holes. Some shit story about some juvinal prison thing in a desert where they got made to make holes as manual labour and it all ended up being a really, really, really terrible story about there being some hidden treasure and the greedy person incharge (who for some reason ate sunflower seeds a lot, hey not picking on that as a bad thing though since it is always good to have a weird character trait so that's probably the only thing in the book which I was behind being decent) and then some children escaped and low and behold they found someone who told them about this and I was about 3/4 through the book when I so totally blanked out that I can't even remember if I finished reading that shit or not.

Also Lord of the Flies, it is apparently a good book, but as with Holes above this was a book I was forced to read in English and fucking dissect the book apart.......at that point any value a book could have originally had has been destroyed beyond belief. Holes also may not have been as bad (but trust me it was shit) if I wasn't forced to dissect it to pieces and get annoyed by it.

"Dissecting a joke is like dissecting a frog, no one cares and the frog dies" is something that can also relate to dissecting books.

At 2/18/15 08:36 PM, Monster-64 wrote: I don't read books because books are for nerds who think that reading makes them look smarter.

Hiding that Daring Doo book again?

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 21:12:52

At 2/18/15 08:03 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: I don't have the attention span to sit and read bad books, but 'The Odyssey" was probably one of the longest boring books I recall attempting to read and understand

I had to read the full versions of iliad and odyssey back to back in high school and I not only didn't bother to finish odyssey, I also said fuck you and didn't even read the sparknotes summary cus I was completely done with that shit about 3/4ths of the way in. The fact that my paper was on like calypso and nausicaa or some shit like that didn't motivate me to read to the ending

Worst book I ever read was hiroshima by John heresy because it read like it was written by a 4th grader and because I don't like to read books about real horrific things that happened to real people, and some random dean koontz book I found in a library about a girl getting raped by bats is a close second

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-18 21:49:13

The Scarlett Letter, definitely is one of the worst book i've read

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-19 03:30:37

"Bored of the Rings"
I like Tolkien,
I like spoof books,
But every awful page of this book made me want to gnaw my hands off.

Also I really can't stand any of the "Sword of Truth" series after Faith of the Fallen. Half of it is recapping tedious shit from previous books, the other half is the main character being the most perfect, infallible person in the world.

If you want to piss me off, stick me in a room with some horrible books. I can't leave books unfinished.

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-19 05:38:19

Effi Briest

It is SO boring... skipped about half of the book. Too bad it was a mandatory read in school. Needless to say, I got a really bad grade on the test.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-19 09:23:26

At 2/18/15 07:47 PM, VJF wrote: THe only thing I refuse to read is the bible. Too much made up bullshit.

You really should though, if only for the huge cultural, historical, and political significance. If you live in a majority Christian nation, where things are biased heavily in their favor, it might help to know a bit about their beliefs.

Plus you can do stuff like point out inconsistencies, compare translations, and generally do all sorts of fun stuff like EbolaWorld's Messed Up Bible Stories series. And you can even debate a hardcore proselytizer and show them why they're wrong using their very own religious book.

The most entertaining display is someone going up to street preachers and beating them at their own game.

Really, the only fiction worth reading is that which has cultural, historical, or political significance. Else just stick with nonfiction.

------

Worst book I've read? A statistics book which was completely wrong in just about every possible way. Page numbers were all wrong. Answers were all wrong. Everything about it was wrong and it was complete garbage.

Worst fiction book I've read? Some multiculturalism book that was required reading in an English class. All the stories in that book sucked and tended to have the exact opposite effect of what I suppose the purpose of the course was supposed to be. (I assume the purpose was to get students to appreciate other cultures. In reality all it did was make you think "Holy shit these people are messed up in the head! What crack have they been smoking? And why do their stories suck so much?")

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-19 09:29:15 (edited 2015-02-19 09:30:02)

At 2/18/15 07:47 PM, VJF wrote:
THe only thing I refuse to read is the bible. Too much made up bullshit.

maybe I should have a disclaimer on my threads saying "DO NOt bring up religious or anti-religious bullshit into my threads" I don't not feel like seeing a retarded argument on my feed.

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-19 12:33:51

At 2/19/15 09:29 AM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote:
At 2/18/15 07:47 PM, VJF wrote:
THe only thing I refuse to read is the bible. Too much made up bullshit.
maybe I should have a disclaimer on my threads saying "DO NOt bring up religious or anti-religious bullshit into my threads" I don't not feel like seeing a retarded argument on my feed.

Well, you did make a thread about terrible books, and in all honestly I just talked about my feelings about the most retarded one of all, so technically, I did abide by the "bi-laws" of your thread so your comment was slightly out of line.

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-19 12:59:05

At 2/19/15 12:33 PM, VJF wrote: Well, you did make a thread about terrible books, and in all honestly I just talked about my feelings about the most retarded one of all, so technically, I did abide by the "bi-laws" of your thread so your comment was slightly out of line.

you kinda didn't follow the thread rules seeing as how you're suppose to be talking books you've read.

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-19 13:40:48

There was this book i had to read one time called the Blue Sword, it was this terrible fantasy book like it went on for a full page about the character being bored with a glass of orange juice and the climax was literally just rocks falling onto this army of evil people or whatever. It felt like Twilight set in a really bad fantasy verse. I know all the detail was supposed to make the world more ""real"" but man I just dont care about that orange juice

SALIGIA

DeviantArt//Tumblr

BBS Signature

Response to worst books you've read 2015-02-19 14:10:31

At 2/18/15 07:34 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: the perks of being a wall flower is my pick

Coming-of-age stories are very hit-and-miss for me. It's way too easy to delve into the realm of "nobody gives a shit" but I thought The Perks of Being a Wallflower was alright.

I really didn't like To Kill a Mockingbird. Way too preachy and boring.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)