00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

30 Days Song Challenge

18,541 Views | 321 Replies

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-14 19:08:00 (edited 2015-03-14 19:08:16)

Day 25 - An acoustic song you love
Seven Bridges Road By: The Eagles

Not only is this an acoustic song that I love, but it is my favorite song of all time.

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-14 19:16:23

At 3/14/15 11:19 AM, Gremlin wrote: Day 25 - An acoustic song you love

Neil Young's "Heart of Gold"

Very soothing.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-14 19:41:10

Day 25-An acoustic song you love

Kansas-Dust in the Wind

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-14 21:43:31

Warren Zevon - My Shit's Fucked Up

It's good because it has hot cussing action

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-15 00:13:02

At 2/18/15 01:15 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Day 26 - A song by your favorite band

"From Me to You" by The Beatles

It's cliche to say that the Beatles are your favorite band, but I really do enjoy their music. Their early stuff is pretty appealing to me...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-15 00:33:32 (edited 2015-03-15 00:35:14)

Red Fang - Good To Die

Been a fan of Red Fang for roughly 5 years now and this is STILL my favorite song by them out of all 3 of their albums and everything else they've released. Also, on top of that, I have damn near everything Red Fang has ever released.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-15 00:43:35

Day 23 - Cheeky Song - The Cheeky Girls, Reason: Just fucking no

Day 24 - Beast of Burden - Bette Midler (Also makes me think of a certain user)

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-15 02:06:15

Breaking Benjamin - So Cold

BBS Signature

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-15 02:06:58

I missed Day 25's post. I was pretty busy this saturday. So here it is.

Day 25 - An acoustic song you love
Message To Bears - Running Through Woodland

This track, and everything released by the multi-instrumentalist Jerome Alexander under his project named Message To Bears, is absolutely beautiful. taking influence from post-rock and acoustic folk music, and building subtle and breath-taking soundscapes is what Alexander does best. His music evokes so much, even if it is entirely instrumental. The atmosphere built around the lead of beautiful acoustic guitar melodies is immersive and brings the listener elsewhere, in some place he or she wants to travel to. There is truly a mastermind behind this music, and I really hope Alexander will bring us more and more of this amazing music.

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-15 02:11:56

A Perfect Circle - The Noose

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-15 17:09:04

The Beatles - "I Don't Want to Spoil the Party"

Yeah whatever at least I'm being honest. I decided to go with one of their less overexposed songs.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-15 18:02:45 (edited 2015-03-15 18:03:12)

Freedom By: Radical Something

My favorite band of all time was AC/DC. I still love them for sure, but when I heard Radical Something, it changed everything. I love all of their songs, even the silly love songs they have made. They are an amazing combination of rock, reggae, and rap. My absolutely favorite song by them is entitled Freedom. It reminds me that we should all come together and even in the bad times amidst a bad day or week in my case sometimes, it is nice to just sit back with headphones on and escape for a little bit of freedom.

</sappy post>

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-15 18:08:51 (edited 2015-03-15 18:09:22)

Day 26- A song by your favorite band

KMFDM- Juke Joint Jezebel

Juke Joint Jezebel is probably one of my favorite songs from when En Esch was still in the band. Listening to this song always makes me happier and it's a hip slamming tune.

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-16 00:11:58

Day 27 - A song you make fun of

Wiz Khalifa's "We Dem Boyz"

I mean...how can you not ridicule this one? It's ridiculous.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-16 01:00:40 (edited 2015-03-16 01:00:55)

Still a bit late on this one, but I'll catch up with the next post.

Agalloch - Hallways Of Enchanted Ebony

I already picked an Agalloch song for Day 02, but I didn't know I'd have to pick a track by my favorite band on Day 26, so... Agalloch is such a creative band. Every single album they released is unique but still holds enough things in common to make Agalloch recognizable. They are my favorite band because of the way they mix genres together, the intricate way they explore this genres makes them outstanding to me. They also layer sounds, build massive soundscapes and great progressions, and they also have great the lyrical themes, vocals, and they are also very sympathetic human beings, interesting people in day-to-day life, and they have great energy when performing live. Amazing, amazing, amazing band!

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-16 14:57:13

Oh dear god...Samwell - "What What

BBS Signature

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-16 15:04:32

The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-16 23:16:41

Styx-Come Sail Away

I like Styx, but this song is just frigging silly. My opinion.

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-17 00:24:11

Drink A Beer By: Luke Bryan

It is a song about losing a friend which I won't deny is a sad feeling, because I have lost a friend before. However this is the most redneck interpretation of losing someone I have ever heard. I mean it just makes me laugh and laugh hard at the lyrics. I mean...

I'm gonna sit right here on the edge of this pier
and watch the sunset disappear
and drink a beer

The sun could have just set, the sun could have gone down, but nope, it had to done disappear! And then drink a beer. What the fuck is up with this song. I can't take it seriously and I know it is meant to be this sad song, but it just isn't to me. Also if you think I am knocking the south and Country music, I was born and raised in the south and still live in the south to this day, and no I don't mean Florida.

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-17 00:34:07

Deep Blue Something - "Breakfast At Tiffany's"

Day 28 - A song that reminds you of your boyfriend/girlfriend

Uh...we're gonna have to do exes for this one I guess.

Steve Earle - "The Galway Girl"

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-17 01:50:16

Chamillionaire - Ridin'

This track seems to have become some cult classic for thousands of people, but not for the reasons that Chamillionaire hoped for. This track is a gold mine of gangsta rap clichés and stereotypes, and that's what makes it so silly and awesome at the same time. Over the years, it became a meme. And surely, Chamillionaire's over the top look with his golden mouthpiece and his "fuck the police" attitude, just makes it that much more awesome. This track is a classic, and unlike most gangsta rap that just usually annoys me with stupid gangster glorification, sexism, bling-bling, etc., I can listen to this and enjoy it. Again... most likely not the way Chamillionaire expected us to like it. But I like it nonetheless :P Cult classic!

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-17 04:54:39

Day 28 - A song that reminds you of your boyfriend/girlfriend (if you don’t have one, make one up :])
I'm so lonely...

Anyways, I'll just post a song that reminds me about my friend who is a girl.
Nightcore - Dam Dadi Do
She listened some weird music, but now I realize that it actually sounded a lot like Nightcore

I also kinda like Nightcore...

BBS Signature

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-17 06:51:31

Day 28 - A song that reminds you of your boyfriend/girlfriend (if you don’t have one, make one up :])

Michael Bublé's "Haven't Met You Yet"

A man can dream...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-17 17:26:56 (edited 2015-03-17 17:40:57)

Day 28 -A song that reminds you of your boyfriend/girlfriend (Going to go with ex here :P)
Sonata Arctica - Victoria's Secret

There were countless possible choices, ranging from Faber Drive's Tongue Tied extremely poppish approach, to less pop, more folk Jason Mraz's Lucky, to post-rock music by If These Trees Could Talk like From Roots To Needles, to the trip-hop/rock track Devil by the Montreal duo named Beast, and more. But Sonata Arctica's track Victoria's Secret is the one that pops to my mind automatically when reading Day 28's category title. We'd sing this track in the car when going out, or on longer trips.

The more I share with someone, the more I end up having music that reminds me of them. What I share emotionally, so relationship wise is important, but also what we share in musical tastes, and the emotions I feel toward someone are also important in determining what track reminds me of who. I also have tracks that remind me of specific events in my life.

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-17 23:39:39

Haven't Met You Yet By: Michael Buble

Posting this one a bit early because I'm going to bed soonish. I don't have a girlfriend or boyfriend and I'm hoping to meet a guy someday. As of right now though I have nothing, but I just haven't met them yet or I have and haven't realized it.

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-17 23:40:20

At 3/17/15 06:51 AM, ZJ wrote: Michael Bublé's "Haven't Met You Yet"
A man can dream...

Dammit ZJ. I just posted mine, started reading other people's and we keep matching.

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-18 00:29:44

Day 28 -A song that reminds you of your boyfriend/girlfriend

Katy Perry-ET

I ain't explaining nuthin.

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-18 02:42:09

Day 25 Lola - The Kinks

Day 26 Untouched - The Veronicas

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-18 04:20:33

At 3/17/15 11:39 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Day 28 - A song that reminds you of your boyfriend/girlfriend (if you don’t have one, make one up :])
Haven't Met You Yet By: Michael Buble

Posting this one a bit early because I'm going to bed soonish. I don't have a girlfriend or boyfriend and I'm hoping to meet a guy someday. As of right now though I have nothing, but I just haven't met them yet or I have and haven't realized it.

I'd see why someone who's looking for a romantic relationship would choose this song. And even if Bublé's original material is just that poppy, I still kind of like this song. Good beat and good piano line. Nice vocal performance by Bublé, as always. And the lyrics are just that optimistic and positive. Typically, tracks about love seem to fall in 4 categories, sad relationships, happy relationships, happy single, sad single. This track doesn't exactly fit in the "happy single" as it's not about being happy to be single, but more about being optimistic that you'll find the good one someday. I kind of like that :)

Response to 30 Days Song Challenge 2015-03-18 07:15:18

Day 29 - A song currently stuck in your head

Nick Lowe - So It Goes

BBS Signature